ADVERTISEMENT

NFL 2020-21

What is the problem between Rodgers and the Packers? I haven't been following this closely.

What is the problem between Rodgers and the Packers? I haven't been following this closely.

i think he was blindsided by the qb drafted last year, especially that early...also probably wants another receiver...maybe wouldn’t mind more money seeing all these other dudes getting extensions.

I think he likes the coach and system, though.

i think he was blindsided by the qb drafted last year, especially that early...also probably wants another receiver...maybe wouldn’t mind more money seeing all these other dudes getting extensions.

I think he likes the coach and system, though.

So the guy who the Packers drafted with Brett Favre as their starting Quarterback is possibly mad that they took another Quarterback in the draft? Got it! Thanks for clearing this up.

He should be mad that over the years the packers have not given him enough weapons, a consistently good defense, or special teams that don't blow games. He definitely should've been in a few more super bowls than just the one.

So the guy who the Packers drafted with Brett Favre as their starting Quarterback is possibly mad that they took another Quarterback in the draft? Got it! Thanks for clearing this up.

some irony there for sure...i think his deal is up after 2022, iirc...it might be a lot of the media fanning it, but he said after the draft last year that he was surprised they drafted a qb and they traded up to do it.

check out the wr’s that went after their qb pick and before aj dillon.

Does anyone here think there is a chance of a Stafford for Watson deal? If both of them want out, wouldn't this be more value for each team than draft picks?

Does anyone here think there is a chance of a Stafford for Watson deal? If both of them want out, wouldn't this be more value for each team than draft picks?
Is that the latest rumor, or wishful thinking?
I wouldn't think that the Lions could get Watson with a straight up trade for Stafford; they'd probably have to sweeten the deal a bit, don't you think?

I wouldn't think that the Lions could get Watson with a straight up trade for Stafford; they'd probably have to sweeten the deal a bit, don't you think?

I think both have no trade clauses in their contract meaning they have veto power over any trade. Neither of those teams are close to contending so neither would be content with that move.

My guesses:
Stafford to the Rams
Watson to the Dolphins

just player for player, no...watson is a top 5 qb so there’d have to be some additional compensation plus the texans want a pro bowl player as well...would that be golladay???

gonna be a great offseason for sure.

Last edited:

No, it's not a current rumor. I was thinking it could be an option since both players want out. And I agree that it wouldn't be an equal trade straight up.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
gonna be a great offseason for sure.

Off the top of my head, starting qb's that will be moved, or likely to be moved...
Watson
Stafford
Wentz
Newton
Trubisky

Dak is a free agent, IIRC, but not sure what's going on there - probably Dallas will put the tag on him?

Also, hearing chatter about Rodgers, Goff, Jimmy G.

Last edited:
Great deal for the Lions. They get an experienced QB plus 3 picks including 2 first rounders. I don't think they could have gotten any more compensation for Stafford. This is definitely not the Same Old Lions.

I'm also excited to see what Stafford can do under McVay. Really interesting trade for both teams who are clearly going in different directions right now.

Reactions: gteeitup
Multiple sources are saying Stafford was willing to be traded to any team except the Patriots.
Makes you wonder if people went to NE for Brady instead of Bill. Maybe he's not the draw everyone thought he was. No one seems to like him as a person, so if you think Brady was the reason he had success why go play for an asshole?

goff may have let on that he wanted to bang mcvay’s wife...could be that teammates outed him, who knows.

mmmkkay

the rams are 3rd best in the nfc as far as odds, but they’re behind bucs(brady in 2021??) and packers.

lions didn’t move at all, damn.

Who is excited about the game this weekend? I will enjoy it I think because I don't hate either team or coach or any of their players, which is rare. Takes stress off of hoping one team wins or loses. Interesting stories on both sides this year.

In our family usually its just the five of us (wife and 3 kids) plus the dog -but two kids are off to college 600 miles away this year.

I am having a long time friend and his family (30+ years friends, college roommate, Godparents to my daughter) over. He is a lifelong Redskins fan, me a Cowboys fan. Always good for good-natured rivalry ribbing.

Was looking forward to cooking on our Traeger, but its going to be literally 25 degrees below zero F for a temperature with wind chills in MN. So that is off the table.

Sort of excited though to find recipes for cooking chicken wings in a normal kitchen oven and make them crispy. I guess rubbing / dusting them with baking powder before, dries them out and makes them crispy. Has anybody had any luck with this?

We've just done wings on a cookie sheet in the oven once or twice in the past, without baking powder, and not up on a rack, and they were a freaking gooey sloppy disaster. Turrible.

Also found a couple good potato skin boat recipes to try out.

I know there have been other threads on this before, but what are some of your favorite recipes for game day? What are your plans for the game? Ever since the kids were little, it is an official holiday in our home.....just like NCAA college basketball Selection Sunday. Lots of fun.

I hope the NFL doesn't go too overboard on the woke this year, but I am guessing they will. Anyway Happy Superbowl weekend! Go Heels!

I'm looking forward to it. I won't care who wins, but I'd definitely prefer KC to win. I like Mahomes and Brady's won enough, so he doesn't need another. LOL. Plus, as a long-suffering Panthers fan I really don't want to see the Bucs win it. Mostly hoping for a good down to the buzzer game.

I'll say..
Chiefs 30
Bucs 27

Reactions: Heelicious
Who is excited about the game this weekend? I will enjoy it I think because I don't hate either team or coach or any of their players, which is rare. Takes stress off of hoping one team wins or loses. Interesting stories on both sides this year.

In our family usually its just the five of us (wife and 3 kids) plus the dog -but two kids are off to college 600 miles away this year.

I am having a long time friend and his family (30+ years friends, college roommate, Godparents to my daughter) over. He is a lifelong Redskins fan, me a Cowboys fan. Always good for good-natured rivalry ribbing.

Was looking forward to cooking on our Traeger, but its going to be literally 25 degrees below zero F for a temperature with wind chills in MN. So that is off the table.

Sort of excited though to find recipes for cooking chicken wings in a normal kitchen oven and make them crispy. I guess rubbing / dusting them with baking powder before, dries them out and makes them crispy. Has anybody had any luck with this?

We've just done wings on a cookie sheet in the oven once or twice in the past, without baking powder, and not up on a rack, and they were a freaking gooey sloppy disaster. Turrible.

Also found a couple good potato skin boat recipes to try out.

I know there have been other threads on this before, but what are some of your favorite recipes for game day? What are your plans for the game? Ever since the kids were little, it is an official holiday in our home.....just like NCAA college basketball Selection Sunday. Lots of fun.

I hope the NFL doesn't go too overboard on the woke this year, but I am guessing they will. Anyway Happy Superbowl weekend! Go Heels!
The best way to get crispy wings is to move away from the 25 below area. No wonder the kids went 600 miles away

Makes you wonder if people went to NE for Brady instead of Bill. Maybe he's not the draw everyone thought he was. No one seems to like him as a person, so if you think Brady was the reason he had success why go play for an asshole?
I think most people went for the system, and the likelihood of ending up in a super bowl. Winners like to win, and all that.

This may be The Chiefs last Super Bowl:

The Braves, The Seminoles are all coming. Oh, and Tar Heels, too.

This may be The Chiefs last Super Bowl:

The Braves, The Seminoles are all coming. Oh, and Tar Heels, too.
Seminoles, at least at FSU, already have agreements in place with the tribe. They aren't going anywhere. Just because the racist redskins name is gone, doesn't mean all names will go.

ETA: And there is zero chance Tar Heels is going anywhere.

They said it could be 1/3 attendance that place looks packed full, there shouldn't be but 21k there.

Seminoles, at least at FSU, already have agreements in place with the tribe. They aren't going anywhere. Just because the racist redskins name is gone, doesn't mean all names will go.

ETA: And there is zero chance Tar Heels is going anywhere.
Tar Heels is a direct/specific reference to the Confederate Regiments from NC. The Confederacy is not very popular nowadays.

FSU might get a pass, but I doubt it. In fact, they're imagery and use of the whole tribal identity (Osceola and the horse and spear) is about as offensive as you can get, along with the chant and chop. The Redskins' logo was submitted to the Redskins' organization in 1972 by the Blackfeet Tribe. They wanted that image on the helmet. So, it doesn't matter what kind of "agreement" there is with any tribe. What matters is politically correct veneers and how it affects the money flow.

The Braves will go, The Chiefs will go. The Redskins are/were no more "racist" than these other references. It's "cultural appropriation." Chiefs, Indians, Braves, Redskins are the same. There's nothing racist about them, in the context of a mascot and/or nickname. But, that is not the consensus anymore. And, apparently Chiefs is unacceptable, if you read the links. One goes; They all go. It was inevitable.

I love how they have these people they are standing on the field are all spaced 6 feet apart while the stands are packed

Put me in the camp of not being worried about the Tar Heel name as well.

The Redskins name didn’t get dropped because of cultural appropriation. It got dropped because a lot of people consider the word ‘redskin’ to be a racist slur.

I don’t care enough to argue one way or the other, but it’s clearly different than Seminole, Braves or Chiefs. Whether or not that means they’ll stick around is a different question.

Reactions: tarheel0910
ADVERTISEMENT