ADVERTISEMENT

NFL 2020-21

Looked like Ben was soaking it all in that he was done.
I don't know why - but Ben R has always just annoyed me....rubbed me the wrong way - not even really related to his alleged misconduct with some young girl / woman in a bar restroom....I've just thought people overrated him over time. But he was big and hard to bring down, and its hard to argue with his results.

That first play last night though, whoa! The ball just laying on the 1 yard line and Ben and the RB just kind of lollygag it....Ben stands there straight up....no way was he getting on the ground to go for that ball....wtf.....
and then 4 more picks during the night....granted, a couple were off WRs hands, but that overall QB performance is about as bad as you're ever going to see, at home, with a top set of WRs against an average defensive team.

I was very glad to see Cleveland win....generally think the Steeler fan base has a lot of self important, smug "look at me, I'm elite knowledgeable superior football fan" air about it.

It's official, Urban Meyer is coming to Jacksonville. There is a rumor that Charlie Strong has already agreed to join his staff.

Wonder who takes over in four years when he suddenly has health issues

Jax has what you want on paper to start to be good. Generational QB prospect, a ton of other draft picks, the most cap in the NFL, and a competent coach.

I'd still bet heavily against them being good in the next 5 years though.

Reactions: MWHeels
the urban hire reminds me about a piece being written about jimmy johnson years ago; “i don’t want jimmy to be my dad, grandad, son, brother, nephew, cousin, or neighbor...but he can be my football coach.”

Reactions: Heelicious
Jax has what you want on paper to start to be good. Generational QB prospect, a ton of other draft picks, the most cap in the NFL, and a competent coach.

I'd still bet heavily against them being good in the next 5 years though.

I love how Meyer said "it's the right time to be the coach in Jacksonville", In other words - 1st overall pick, Lawrence coming out.

Reactions: gteeitup
OSU doesn't have a history of QBs succeeding in the NFL do they?
Not really

Of the more recent guys...

Dwayne Haskins - bust (so far), cut by WFT but sad to say the Panthers are showing interest
Cardale Jones - out of the league after one season; was playing in xfl before it shut down
Braxton Miller - switched to WR; currently not signed
Terrelle Pryor - had a good season or two as a WR; currently not signed
Troy Smith - pretty much sucked for the Ravens and was gone after a few seasons
Craig Krenzel - lasted one season with da Bears

Reactions: MWHeels
Mahomes is already at that point in his career where routine hits induce concussions. That’s not good.

read a prominent sports columnist's opinion this morning that actually said "just because mahomes was woozy doesn't mean he was concussed"

this opinion is exactly why the nfl actually has a protocol in place...there is no more "just had my bell rung" medical diagnosis anymore.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Mahomes is already at that point in his career where routine hits induce concussions. That’s not good.

It actually wasn't a concussion. I was confused because his head did not get hit on that play but he was still woozy. As @gteeitup said above, apparently that can happen on a hit to the neck, which is what happened to Mahomes. I've never seen it before though.

It actually wasn't a concussion. I was confused because his head did not get hit on that play but he was still woozy. As @gteeitup said above, apparently that can happen on a hit to the neck, which is what happened to Mahomes. I've never seen it before though.

i read on monday he was in the protocol and then this morning “he wasn’t”...hope this is legit for his sake.

we already had team medical personnel puncture a lung trying inject pain meds.

Interesting, I know from karate that a strike to the carotid artery can temporarily disrupt blood flow to the brain and short circuit the brain for a few seconds. Very possible.

Interesting, I know from karate that a strike to the carotid artery can temporarily disrupt blood flow to the brain and short circuit the brain for a few seconds. Very possible.
We are binge watching Cobra Kai with the kids now. Mostly through season 2. C+ grade on acting, dialogue, etc, at best - but we are too far in to give up on it now. Some of the stuff with the 80's dude (Krees - LaRusso's enemy from original Karate Kid) is sort of humorous.

The karate concussion comment above made me think of commenting on the show in a related way, but will refrain

Reactions: heelmanwilm
large part of me hopes the eagles are unable to unload that contract to anyone so it further crushes that franchise.

I heard a hypothetical l trade yesterday of Dak for Watson. I think Watson going to the Jets is more likely.

Last edited:
Reactions: gteeitup
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT