ADVERTISEMENT

NFL 2022 - 23

Amazon Prime streaming only.

The production could use a little work - the analysts they got for the pre/post shows actually seemed pretty good and knowledgeable though (Tony Gonzalez, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Richard Sherman).
How much advertising was there during the game? Was it about the same? Even if it was the same, I wouldn't think they could charge a normal rate since it's behind a pay wall. I'm trying to figure out how amazon makes their money back and I just don't see how it could do that.

How much advertising was there during the game? Was it about the same? Even if it was the same, I wouldn't think they could charge a normal rate since it's behind a pay wall. I'm trying to figure out how amazon makes their money back and I just don't see how it could do that.
I didn't notice any real difference in amount of advertising so I imagine it was the same as any other network. I imagine what they can charge for advertising would be based off viewers, regardless of what the viewers need to have or pay to be able to access.

It could be a loss leader for them: i.e. they lose money on the NFL deal, but it gets everyone aware of Prime Video, and serves as its own advertising. Or, maybe they think that it'll lead enough people to sign up for Prime that wouldn't have signed up otherwise to make up for some of the costs.

I didn't notice any real difference in amount of advertising so I imagine it was the same as any other network. I imagine what they can charge for advertising would be based off viewers, regardless of what the viewers need to have or pay to be able to access.

It could be a loss leader for them: i.e. they lose money on the NFL deal, but it gets everyone aware of Prime Video, and serves as its own advertising. Or, maybe they think that it'll lead enough people to sign up for Prime that wouldn't have signed up otherwise to make up for some of the costs.
Yeah, my thought was that since it was behind a paywall, viewership numbers would be down. I'm guessing they would have to have a shit load of people sign up long term to turn any kind of profit. But, they might just be using it as a loss leader like you said.

Yeah, my thought was that since it was behind a paywall, viewership numbers would be down. I'm guessing they would have to have a shit load of people sign up long term to turn any kind of profit. But, they might just be using it as a loss leader like you said.
Honestly, who doesn't have prime these days? If you order 2 or 3 packages, it pays for itself. Plus people can get the other subscriptions thru them. Works well in this cut the cord generation

Reactions: gteeitup
Honestly, who doesn't have prime these days? If you order 2 or 3 packages, it pays for itself. Plus people can get the other subscriptions thru them. Works well in this cut the cord generation
I don't and most of the people I know don't. Pretty much all of the companies I buy something from don't charge for shipping anymore, so prime doesn't have value for me. You do make a good point though. If they are already past their growth point, it makes it even harder to get new subscribers.

I don't and most of the people I know don't. Pretty much all of the companies I buy something from don't charge for shipping anymore, so prime doesn't have value for me. You do make a good point though. If they are already past their growth point, it makes it even harder to get new subscribers.
So how are you watching the LOTR prequel series?

Prime is worth it just in shipping alone, not counting video streaming and music

So how are you watching the LOTR prequel series?

Prime is worth it just in shipping alone, not counting video streaming and music
I pay appropriately zero dollars for shipping every year without prime. Free shipping isn't just an Amazon thing. I've got five other streaming services, so I don't need the one with the worst interface ever. YouTube, Pandora, etc all offer music. Prime was great when it first came out. It's repetitive now.

As for the LOTR show, I have zero interest in it. Calling the movies trash, would be an insult to trash. I want nothing to do with that world.

I pay appropriately zero dollars for shipping every year without prime. Free shipping isn't just an Amazon thing. I've got five other streaming services, so I don't need the one with the worst interface ever. YouTube, Pandora, etc all offer music. Prime was great when it first came out. It's repetitive now.

As for the LOTR show, I have zero interest in it. Calling the movies trash, would be an insult to trash. I want nothing to do with that world.
Little snippy today aren't we? Be happy, the football team will make it thru the weekend undefeated!!!

It’s so ****ed up and I loved
Favre back in the day. But this is deplorable. A poor state that can’t afford clean drinking water gets scammed for a volleyball court for rich kids to play on.
Apparently nobody cares about it, because I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Haven't seen anything mentioned in the media. I don't watch ESPN, so maybe it's been mentioned on air.

Last edited:
Apparently nobody cares about it, because I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Haven't seen anything mentioned in the media.
You're about to, the guy who was the welfare director that made it all happen just pled guilty this morning.

Reactions: gteeitup
i’ll probably get shit for this, most definitely on the fb board, but mitch is not a good qb…his line isn’t great, but damn it’s slow developing.

you people seem non-biased so maybe your thoughts?

i’ll probably get shit for this, most definitely on the fb board, but mitch is not a good qb…his line isn’t great, but damn it’s slow developing.

You’re right. Mitch is a great QB. You saw that throw to Pickens, no?

I think people would consider him a better QB if he had been picked in the second round. Between being the second pick and playing under Nagy, he never had a chance to be really good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT