ADVERTISEMENT

Nice to have a early tier one win

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
Last year the selection committee decided that even if you win 20 games a more important variable was how many tier one victories did you have. This win over a top 10 team should look good come March

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
We don't really know until later in the season. Tier 1 is:

Top 30 wins at home
Top 50 on a neutral court
Top 75 on the road

I'd say both games are likely tier 1, but all it takes is e.g., a major injury for Knecht or Mark and either team could have a string of losses.

We don't really know until later in the season. Tier 1 is:

Top 30 wins at home
Top 50 on a neutral court
Top 75 on the road

I'd say both games are likely tier 1, but all it takes is e.g., a major injury for Knecht or Mark and either team could have a string of losses.
Very true, but both of those do seem likely to qualify. If R - Kansas can knock off the Dookies tonight, double bonus!

Arkansas is playing without Mark tonight, who scored 34 points before getting injured late in our game.

If they pull off this win tonight without him that will be mighty impressive.

FWIW, it wouldn't surprise me if we came out flat or didn't play particularly well on Saturday. Probably an emotional high against Tennessee. Then a noon local time tip sandwiched before the massive trip to UConn (the biggest game for the program since March 2022). It's a weird spot despite it being the start of conference play.

I don't think I'll hold it too much against them either if that turns out to be the case.

Reactions: Heelicious
FWIW, it wouldn't surprise me if we came out flat or didn't play particularly well on Saturday. Probably an emotional high against Tennessee. Then a noon local time tip sandwiched before the massive trip to UConn (the biggest game for the program since March 2022). It's a weird spot despite it being the start of conference play.

I don't think I'll hold it too much against them either if that turns out to be the case.

It wouldn’t surprise me if we took FSU to the woodshed like we did Tennessee. It’s just as likely that we’ve figured something out & we continue to build on it. I would think the guys couldn’t wait to get back on the court after Wednesday night.

You know, it’s the old optimist/ pessimist thing.

• Love
It wouldn’t surprise me if we took FSU to the woodshed like we did Tennessee. It’s just as likely that we’ve figured something out & we continue to build on it. I would think the guys couldn’t wait to get back on the court after Wednesday night.

I'm extremely optimistic about UNC. I placed a bet on them to win the National Championship. Doesn't get more optimistic than that.

I may be wrong, but being that this is the first conference game and is also a home game on a Saturday, I expect a good crowd and a team that plays really well against fsu. I’d be surprised if the Heels aren’t fired up for this one.

Tip is at 2PM local time so that's a little better

Mostly depends on #2 starting at PG.

Wednesday was a momentous night, mark it down! Somewhere, late in that first half, this team allowed one Carolina fan to rediscover that feeling of grandness provided by all those blue banner boys. Elliott is like a new day Kendall Marshall with a little better handle. I could have overstated it, but maybe not.

Expecting HD to make the move this Saturday to start RJ, Bacot, Ingram, Ryan, and EC . Its at home and
UConn and Kentucky are looming. RJ and Ingram are playing elite. Cormac will raise his consistency. If Bacot decides to go full throttle, EC is the one to provide the gas. Bacot has proven he can be dominate, it is that TIME...

Wednesday was a momentous night, mark it down! Somewhere, late in that first half, this team allowed one Carolina fan to rediscover that feeling of grandness provided by all those blue banner boys. Elliott is like a new day Kendall Marshall with a little better handle. I could have overstated it, but maybe not.

Expecting HD to make the move this Saturday to start RJ, Bacot, Ingram, Ryan, and EC . Its at home and
UConn and Kentucky are looming. RJ and Ingram are playing elite. Cormac will raise his consistency. If Bacot decides to go full throttle, EC is the one to provide the gas. Bacot has proven he can be dominate, it is that TIME...
This post warms my soul.

Mostly depends on #2 starting at PG.
Doing anything different at this point would justify getting Hubs fired and frog marched out on the spot. Right out of DES. Honestly, I doubt there is anything in a couple days of practice that could justify this.

They literally have nobody else who could start in his place. Withers? GTFO. Trimble? I like him....but we need to start EC and bum rush them right from the tip.

Doing anything different at this point would justify getting Hubs fired and frog marched out on the spot. Right out of DES. Honestly, I doubt there is anything in a couple days of practice that could justify this.

They literally have nobody else who could start in his place. Withers? GTFO. Trimble? I like him....but we need to start EC and bum rush them right from the tip.
Look, let's not go that far. Yes, the starting lineup SHOULD be obvious, but I get what the staff was trying to do early on --- I disagree with it, but I get it.

With that said, it has now become the ultimate no-brainer.

Reactions: thompsjj
Why would any fan say something like that? So, when Roy refused to call timeouts even though it was "obvious" to all of us non-HOF armchair coaches, UNC should have fired him??? If this was never the case, why would one coaching decision be the standard for firing Hubs??? Sounds like some are still harboring the same agenda they had before he was hired! Who starts is far less important than who wins so I think winning and doing it the Carolina Way are my standard! FTR I think EC has proven he will be the engine that takes us as far as we go, but I trust in our coaches to determine when he receives the keys! (and spanking UT brings me joy untempered by our coaches having the gall to decide who to play!)

Why would any fan say something like that? So, when Roy refused to call timeouts even though it was "obvious" to all of us non-HOF armchair coaches, UNC should have fired him??? If this was never the case, why would one coaching decision be the standard for firing Hubs??? Sounds like some are still harboring the same agenda they had before he was hired! Who starts is far less important than who wins so I think winning and doing it the Carolina Way are my standard! FTR I think EC has proven he will be the engine that takes us as far as we go, but I trust in our coaches to determine when he receives the keys! (and spanking UT brings me joy untempered by our coaches having the gall to decide who to play!)
I actually like the way Hubert has handled Cadeau so far. It is a solid teaching method, ease the kid in against lesser competition but give him ample minutes so that he is not stuck on the bench, allowed him to first be able to see some of the game before getting in. Hubert had Cadeau in there strictly as our PG for all the minutes he has played for us, he has now eased the kid in to a starting role.

When I watch him from 1 game to the next, kid learns at an impressive rate, you can see him progress every game, mistakes he may have made in the last game he does not make in the next. I strongly suspect that is in large part due to how Hubert has brought him along and I VERY highly suspect this was with a good helping of Marcus Paige input! Marcus Paige is a HUGE addition to this staff, more so than I think folks may realize. It will not in my opinion be long before Marcus is looked at as head coach material and other programs start coming to him with offers, dare I say maybe UNC's head coach one day?

I actually like the way Hubert has handled Cadeau so far. It is a solid teaching method, ease the kid in against lesser competition but give him ample minutes so that he is not stuck on the bench, allowed him to first be able to see some of the game before getting in. Hubert had Cadeau in there strictly as our PG for all the minutes he has played for us, he has now eased the kid in to a starting role.

When I watch him from 1 game to the next, kid learns at an impressive rate, you can see him progress every game, mistakes he may have made in the last game he does not make in the next. I strongly suspect that is in large part due to how Hubert has brought him along and I VERY highly suspect this was with a good helping of Marcus Paige input! Marcus Paige is a HUGE addition to this staff, more so than I think folks may realize. It will not in my opinion be long before Marcus is looked at as head coach material and other programs start coming to him with offers, dare I say maybe UNC's head coach one day?
Agreed, he looks very coachable.

you are so right, IMO. If you stick a rookie in too much too soon when it isn't completely necessary and saddle him with massive responsibility, and allow him to become frustrated and discombobulated, it isn't always easily undone. Better to introduce him without all the weight of a teams success riding on his performance, and allow him to improve and excel naturally.

And he doesn't seem to be rebelling against it, which is major to me. Now I see the kind of player he really is.

LOLOLOL.

I just saw this and just have to laugh. IF HUBERT DOES SOMETHING I DISAGREE WITH HE SHOULD NOT ONLY GET FIRED BUT GET FIRED SHAMEFULLY!!!! Lol, get over yourself man.

And fwiw, I don’t put too much into today’s sleepy start. It wasn’t overly surprising. Nice comeback. Learn from it, improve from it, get Ryan healthier.

It’s a long season. Build brick by brick.

Looking at Villanova losing to St. Joe's and Drexel they may not end up as a quality neutral win anyway if we had got it, the Arkansas dub may be worth more? Nova almost certainly won't qualify as a negative though. But whoa, those two are awful loses.

I agree….I seldom make predictions but I will here.
I predicted Harrison Barnes would commit to Unc
I predicted Hubert Davis would replace Roy as head coach when he left ESPN
I predict Marcus Paige will be Unc Head coach one day

Reactions: Heelicious
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT