ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL UNC VS. Michigan State THREAD

Are you going to ask this in every game thread lol? I don't think anybody knows.

At this point it's part of my gameday routine.

I kinda think his shooting from the field so far is fools gold because of how bad he's been from the line (and because FT shooting is the best indicator of shooting ability), but I figured I'd pick my spots, lol.

William's a blown layup leads to a Spartan three 33-17....So far the team looks overmatched by a more balanced and physical team. Not sure as Walton said the team is playing intimidated but it is pretty ugly....

Hmmm. This one is ugly so far. We aren’t shooting well and they are playing great. Our poor shooting has a lot to do with their defensive intensity. They are in our shit and we don’t like it/can’t handle it. Freshman bigs and hell everybody really are getting pushed off the block and can’t even get to the rim for a rebound. We have to be much better physically. Also, Maye has been our best player so far this year but has that deer in headlights look that he had for the better part of 2 years. His free throws are brutal. Come on Luke. And hell their best player hasn’t played much with 2 fouls. We need a lot of Theo and Joel’s leadership tonight.

We also have a bunch of guys who come off the bench and pass the ball around like
Hot potato hoping they aren’t asked to make a play. Seventh, BRob, etc.

Also agree with various posters who’ve noted we are tying not to get blocked at the rim vs trying to finish.

This has been rough to watch. The length of MSU inside is just absolutely taking away EVERYTHING at the rim.

Nobody can finish through any contact for us tonight. We have missed 2 wide open lay ups and 5 contested layups that weren’t blocked.

Berry can't create of the dribble against good teams. Sorry if that's heresy.

E: I know this statement is an overly-strong mid-game overreaction. But the core idea - that Berry is not great at creating offense himself - it absolutely valid.

Down 14 is winnable. Gotta play like an entirely different team, but that's hardly an insurmountable margin.

Michigan St is pretty good and we shot 21% in the 1st half.... I promise though things will be okay this year

I mean, a bad outside shooting half is one thing. We've missed at least 4-5 bunnies though, and the turnovers the last two games have been ridiculous. We just have to be smart and efficient with the ball with this team, because we aren't dominating anyone on the interior.

The defense has looked very good, I'll give them that. If we just finished a few times this would be a close game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT