ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL UNC VS. Michigan State THREAD

Just saying Sparty was a projected favorite to win the title since Bridges amp ounces he was coming back for a reason..... It’s not that bad as it looks if you take it with a grain of salt

Berry is really hurting himself in this game. No leadership. No offense. Marginal defense. He can't afford this. Even if we lose, he needs to be seen to carry the team and give them their best chance.

Berry's defense has been solid, I think.

On offense, he is what he is. Great player, but he scores in the flow of things. He's not going to turn a bad offense good.

If we don't hit a respectable amount of threes we will never win. Kenny Williams needs to go earn his money. He has got to take threes rather he hitting or not.

Freshman bigs are okay and will become really good, but against a quality front line they just aren't ready for that. So we have to be hitting jumpers to beat good teams.

If we don't hit a respectable amount of threes we will never win. Kenny Williams needs to go earn his money. He has got to take threes rather he hitting or not.

Freshman bigs are okay and will become really good, but against a quality front line they just aren't ready for that. So we have to be hitting jumpers to beat good teams.

Our problem hasn't been shooting. We've struggled to get open looks from 3. We've missed tough shots.

Berry is really hurting himself in this game. No leadership. No offense. Marginal defense. He can't afford this. Even if we lose, he needs to be seen to carry the team and give them their best chance.
Struggling in many games this season on offense. 1-11 against Bucknell, 3-12 against Arkansas, and 2-9 so far today.

Not sure I understand what happened tonight, but I suspect this is just one of those nights where we can't do much of anything right. Can't hit inside, outside, from the FR line, or even make a decent pass. Just one of those you tip your hat to Izzo and MSU and move on. Learn and hopefully come out ready to play next game up.

With that said, that forearm to Pinson's head was weird. Broadcasters seem to think it wasn't as bad as Theo seemed to make out, but it seemed like it was legit based on how Theo stayed down. He has never "flopped" like Trippy McWhiplash, so I have to believe it was legit. Flagrant 1 is about right, IMHO. Didn't seem to be intentional and Theo doesn't flop.

Our problem hasn't been shooting. We've struggled to get open looks from 3. We've missed tough shots.
Not sure I agree with that. I think we've missed at least 6 open threes (and only made 1 total), and also 4-5 layups.

On a positive note, we have played pretty good D. Haven’t rebounded well and given up some second chance points but overall not a bad defensive night. Offensively this is as bad as it gets.

On a positive note, we have played pretty good D. Haven’t rebounded well and given up some second chance points but overall not a bad defensive night. Offensively this is as bad as it gets.

Our "first shot" defense has been awesome. We've given up too many offensive boards, but other than that we've defended very well.

Reactions: gauchoheel
Kenny Williams has had daylight a few times tonight and not even remotely looked st the rim vs most games this year he’s put up the shot. Surely he isn’t reverting back to his old
Self.

They have 23 turns and we are down 14. That in itself shows our offensive woes tonight. Most nights we are up 14 with those turn numbers.

I feel like Platek comes out too far to catch passes. If he hugged closer to the 3-pt line he could shoot some of these, they give him space.

Maye is awful from the floor tonight..pinson 2 more fts 55-43 under 5 minutes to go. Still just one three hit so far tonight for the Heels.

If our offense weren't complete garbage, we'd be looking at a big early-season win. This team can defend.

Smh at both teams in this game. Neither deserves to win, but we deserve to win even less lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT