ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL UNC VS. Stanford THREAD

Really wish we'd give Felton more burn. I have trouble seeing us being a top team without him making a big impact, so I'd like to give him as many reps as possible.

Reactions: HeelBilly50
Jalek finishes it with a poster with the shot clock off. Roy might not love that, but the fans sure did.

Man I hope the Palo Alto police don't arrest jalek for that double homicide on the rim and whoever jumped with him... Two drt right there man

On a serious note coach is gonna run him to death for showboating at the end of the game. You know coach wants you to dribble out the clock

Yeah Roy might have something to say about not dribbling it out but I love that and most fans do. Need some kids with his kind of attitude.

Wow Jalek. He didn’t forget what Travis Reid did. Btw, should’ve been ejected. Did he not clearly throw a fist to the fade of Manley??

But, just wow Jalek. Kids going to be special.

Berry? We talkin about 29 points tonight coming off an injury. Can you imagine how good this team will be when Cam gets back?

Perhaps not?

Still a concern for me, though he had a few nice plays off the dribble tonight. He's a great player - best UNC PG since Lawson. But he's "only" good creating off the dribble. He scores primarily in the flow of things - which is great when things are flowing. But I don't think he has the juice to be the offense by himself when a team is stopping us, like a Kemba Walker. And I think we'll need him to do that at points this year. Not saying he definitively can't - but I'm not convinced he can. It'll be less of a concern if Felton steps up.

Still a concern for me, though he had a few nice plays off the dribble tonight. He's a great player - best UNC PG since Lawson. But he's "only" good creating off the dribble. He scores primarily in the flow of things - which is great when things are flowing. But I don't think he has the juice to be the offense by himself when a team is stopping us, like a Kemba Walker. And I think we'll need him to do that at points this year. Not saying he definitively can't - but I'm not convinced he can. It'll be less of a concern if Felton steps up.
You're easily one of my favorite posters here and I appreciate the thoughtful takes, but sometimes I have to agree with others that you focus too much on the negative. We just won by 24 on the road against a decent power conference team with two rotation players out. You can't ask for much more than that.

And I don't think that means everything was perfect, but you focus mostly on the flaws, and on some of them I think you're reaching. Berry has never been a dominant finisher; he shot 47% last year from two.

You claim he will be exposed with less talented teammates, but I don't know what offense you're watching. Our spacing is and will be MUCH better this year, so it should be easier for Berry to finish. Jackson was the only guy on the floor who could shoot (other than Berry) 95% of the time last year. Now we have Maye as a huge spacing upgrade over Hicks, Cam is a better shooter than anyone on the team last year, Kenny will shoot better than our SG's last year, and Felton/Woods should be better shooters than Britt. Our offensive output has been great so far, and we've yet to play with a full team.

And you criticize Maye for getting beat by bigger, athletic guys. It's certainly true he got outplayed today, but how many guys are built like Reid that we play? I'm sure you can count them on one hand, he's a tank. He's also a Wooden Award watch list guy, or one of the better players in the country. It's not really very hard to believe that Maye would have a difficult time guarding him.

When we're up by 25 and many/most of your comments are that our PG can't finish, our PF is athletically limited, Kenny needs to prove himself, wish we still had Bradley.... enjoy the big win man.

I “checked the score” at 2:22 and was thrilled. Solid road win.

I watched it if we shoot 11-26 from 3 in most games this year we will be a tough out but we all know how that goes.

I really was worried about this game this was just a game in the past that we would have played sloppy and lost by 8.

It also helps that it was like Dook playing in New Jersey as far as the crowd goes at least 50% Heel fans. You could hear the "Luuuuuukkkkeee" chats and the "Taaaaaaarrrrrr" "Heeeeelllllssss" chant with no trouble at all making out what was being said.

All and all good win I like it when they surprise me!!!!

Reactions: Archer2
I noticed Brandon Robinson didn't play last night. Any word on when he's coming back?

Anyone elsek
Wow Jalek. He didn’t forget what Travis Reid did. Btw, should’ve been ejected. Did he not clearly throw a fist to the fade of Manley??

But, just wow Jalek. Kids going to be special.
No he did.not he just kinda shoved him a little. Definitely deserved the tech. But he was doing look at me antics most of the night even though they were losing big

I watched it if we shoot 11-26 from 3 in most games this year we will be a tough out but we all know how that goes.

I really was worried about this game this was just a game in the past that we would have played sloppy and lost by 8.

It also helps that it was like Dook playing in New Jersey as far as the crowd goes at least 50% Heel fans. You could hear the "Luuuuuukkkkeee" chats and the "Taaaaaaarrrrrr" "Heeeeelllllssss" chant with no trouble at all making out what was being said.

All and all good win I like it when they surprise me!!!!
Was in street clothes behind the bench

Excellent win against a solid team on the road!

(well worth all my co-workers asking if I'm sick all day!)

JB & KW both showed up and showed out! Freshman Bigs continue to contribute as a group.

The scary part is: We have really good players who are not 100% AND we are ahead of schedule!
NEXT!

Excellent win against a solid team on the road!

(well worth all my co-workers asking if I'm sick all day!)

JB & KW both showed up and showed out! Freshman Bigs continue to contribute as a group.

The scary part is: We have really good players who are not 100% AND we are ahead of schedule!
NEXT!

I was never sold on Stanford being solid but nevertheless this was a big statement win. Showed we can play anywhere, any time-WITH THE SAME ENERGY (for now) ...I think Theo and Joel have a lot to do with our game preparation, they've seen it all, give insight back to the young guys on how to play through adversity and it worked last night.

He was guarding him the entire first half. Go to bed Gramps

You didn't watch the game then did you.....Maye was not guarding him....Maye was on the big and we had our freshman on Travis....that is why our freshman got in foul trouble and Travis was at the line a hundred times.....you may want to check yourself before this gramps continues to won your ass!!!!!

Berry has led us to back-back final 4s, NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP, deserves better than this crap.

But then............... it's you.

Berry has led us to back-back final 4s, NCAA CHAMPIONSHIP, deserves better than this crap.

But then............... it's you.

Back-to-back FFs and a championship don't preclude anyone from having imperfections in his game. What "crap" am I giving him? I said he's our best PG since Lawson. He's one of the best to play for us.

I'm thinking about how we can win another championship this year. That's my primary focus when evaluating how we're playing, both good and bad. I think Berry will have to play at an NPOY level for us to win again. That will mean creating a ton of offense himself. And I'm not convinced he'll be able to reach that level of play, great as he is.

I can assure you that the guys on this team, as well as our pro alums, would laugh with derision at that statement. SMDH (and joining in that aforementioned laughter).

I certainly hope so! But time will tell.

Time will tell? Did you actually watch the game Monday? o_O

Yes? I didn't see Berry dominating off the dribble. He played very well, but most of his offense was in the flow of things. My concern is about what happens when things stop flowing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT