ADVERTISEMENT

OFFICIAL UNC VS. Stanford THREAD

The what in the heck are u talking about bud? Either Maye can handle Travis or travis can handle Maye. I agree that Travis is the better palyer, but u act like Travis is only gonna do it against Maye and no one else. Maye is off tonight. Not just in the post. hes missing shots hes made plenty of times. It happens

1) Travis is really good, and Maye is not the first player he'll make look bad this year.

2) Maye is likely to struggle on defense against a number of bigs this year. His lack of length is a huge weakness on that end.

Those ideas can coexist.

But Maye hasn't really been a big mismatch for Travis on the other end.

Reactions: alabamaheel
1) Travis is really good, and Maye is not the first player he'll make look bad this year.

2) Maye is likely to struggle on defense against a number of bigs this year. His lack of length is a huge weakness on that end.

Those ideas can coexist.
I agree

Maye really can't get his hook shot off against bigger / longer / more athletic defenders. At least when they expect it.

We are better than I thought. Nice to see the bigs all able to contribute something substantial depending on the game and the matchup.

Woods and Felton MIA tonight.

Berry should average 10 3pt attempts per game. Should be one of our biggest sources of offense.

Brooks is having a rough game.....I'll give him that......but I really REALLY like what Sterling Manley is bringing the last couple of games....like the entirety of his college career so far.

The only reason Brooks starts is because he’s the better post/perimeter defender 5. Manley is better and has always been better.

Ps: Some people were concerned about Stanford earlier in the week lol......

Reactions: Tru Blu Tar Heel
Nice take by Maye. I think his best offense will come from quick, decisive moves. Multiple dribbles with his back to the basket probably won't work, but quick shots and pump fakes should serve him well.

The only reason Brooks starts is because he’s the better post/perimeter defender 5. Manley is better and has always been better.

Ps: Some people were concerned about Stanford earlier in the week lol......

Count me as one of those concerned with Stanford. Only Berry's second game back with an unproven front court. I still have my concerns, but I'm MUCH more comfortable with the interior rotation with since they've been somewhat tested, at least by Travis.

Woods a nice jumper 89-66 under 4 minutes to go. Stanford just too many turnovers and missed shots from the line. Stanford has been to the line more than Carolina in this game.

Vegas had us as a 7 point favorite IIRC. They're usually pretty spot on and we are a fairly public team which means our lines tend to be a little inflated. We are better than the professionals thought we'd be at this point.

Gotta say im pretty impressed. Brand new team and gonna put 100 on the road against a Power 5 team in November. Not an easy task

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT