ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina football discussion thread

you guys see shane beamer’s new contract?…whoa!!

get ready carolina if this is the going rate.
I saw it and my jaw dropped. It's obscene to be shelling out that kind of bucks to have a shot at a decent college football (or BB) program. I want one for us, but if we get that stupid, I'll just start pulling for the field hockey team exclusively.

Reactions: Archer2
Since when does Carolina care about the going rate?
true…my hope is that’s another reason why mack is still here.

mack: “i’m retiring with sally…off to the beach”

admin: “now what do we do?”

mack: “it’s gonna take +$5 mill to compete, chancellor”

now, whether that wrinkles noses or gets attention, i can’t answer haha.

true…my hope is that’s another reason why mack is still here.

mack: “i’m retiring with sally…off to the beach”

admin: “now what do we do?”

mack: “it’s gonna take +$5 mill to compete, chancellor”

now, whether that wrinkles noses or gets attention, i can’t answer haha.
Mack is probably the only person who could convince them to spend money, but I think even he would have trouble doing it.

kid he’s going against is a top 10 edge guy, so…

so... another front-line player who is part of an underwhelming unit at UNC, but apparently is big enough, strong enough, and good enough to get paid professionally.

Ezeudu is starting this, McKethan was second-string. If Asim on on a team next yr, then that means the 2022 squad had three NFL'rs on the OL that were true junior or older. And next to them was a 5th yr guy. I know Center was dinged up, but still, WTF.

Reactions: randman1
so... another front-line player who is part of an underwhelming unit at UNC, but apparently is big enough, strong enough, and good enough to get paid professionally.

Ezeudu is starting this, McKethan was second-string. If Asim on on a team next yr, then that means the 2022 squad had three NFL'rs on the OL that were true junior or older. And next to them was a 5th yr guy. I know Center was dinged up, but still, WTF.
I think it's more proof that our S&C staff sucks. Need a change in philosophy or staff.

It hasn't been that long since our bowl though... is that enough time for Asim to transform himself?
Not a complete transformation, but there has been enough time to make some changes. Although, that was just a practice. Could look completely different in the game.

scout‘s grade is average, most likely undrafted free agent…he only gave up 2 sacks and had 14 qb hurries…70% win rate in pass and 49% in run.

based on his starts, he got better from 2020 to 2022…imo, it’s the toughest position to evaluate.

asim graded out okay in the senior bowl fwiw…he looked very physical on some drives.

remember this name, gaye from lsu…whoa

Doing a great job bringing in all these three star recruits. We have a staff that is bad at player development who is going to be forced to develop players. Sounds like a fun future.

Reactions: bluetoe
Doing a great job bringing in all these three star recruits. We have a staff that is bad at player development who is going to be forced to develop players. Sounds like a fun future.
Is this due to 6-7 seasons and 4 game losing streaks, or lack of NIL or what? Also I understand the state of NC isn't flush this yr.

Is this due to 6-7 seasons and 4 game losing streaks, or lack of NIL or what? Also I understand the state of NC isn't flush this yr.
The official line is that they are changing their recruiting philosophy. The real reason is probably money and most of our high level recruits being a bust. It's going to be ugly when Maye leaves.

• Wow
Reactions: blazers
epic stuff here…i’ve seen close-up what scarolina is doing and this is better…carolina, scarolina and clemson are competing for the same athlete…it’s better than scarolina, but clemson is still getting them, obviously.

i was in the gamecock locker room last year and it’s okay, but it’s not as professional looking if that makes sense…there’s a billiards table, TV’s, and wood lockers, but the color schemes and uniform areas aren’t as eye catching…carolina’s color scheme in the locker room and stadium are really cool…it’s pretty unique to college football and sports.

The official line is that they are changing their recruiting philosophy. The real reason is probably money and most of our high level recruits being a bust. It's going to be ugly when Maye leaves.
this is what chagrins me more than anything else. If you're going to underperform as a team, at least strive to succeed at maximizing the development of individual players.

Reactions: Archer2
this is what chagrins me more than anything else. If you're going to underperform as a team, at least strive to succeed at maximizing the development of individual players.
I don't know if we have anyone on the staff that knows how to do that. I think Warren and Chiz can probably do that. We'll definitely be able to tell if they can this year, because any development should be easy to see when you're coming off the bottom. I don't know anything about the new people, so maybe they can. One of the most overlooked moves we made in the offseason was hiring all of these analyst. A lot of big time experience with those guys.

Reactions: Archer2 and bluetoe
Dang I was just starting to like the guys flexing after a late big hit for a personal foul when down by 23.
I don't think that's limited to higher rated recruits. Same stuff happened under Fedora. That started in the NFL and college kids started copying them.

nothing's changed, same ride he would have gotten before. Except before, he would show up at the dealership occasionally to work the drink and snack machines. Now he works the crowd occasionally. Being legit with high-dollar recruiting must feel weird to the sandlappers.

I wonder if Rattler feels gypped, what with those recent reports of a million dollars being offered to a transfer.

No cheating, no ruining it. I think there is miswording of the question though, at least for 1.

No cheating, no ruining it. I think there is miswording of the question though, at least for 1.

Where do we find the answers?

I'm thinking Baylor, Vanderbilt, Northwestern, Rutgers. Wake Forest is not IN Wake Forest, anymore. But, I'm going with Duke. Brigham Young? Hell, I don't even know who is in what conference anymore.

Looks like Oregon and Washington are going to the Big 10. ACC, like usual, missed an opportunity to increase revenue. Adding Oregon, Washington, Stanford and Cal would have allowed the ACC to renegotiate the TV contract. Big 10 isn't giving a full share to Oregon and Washington, so we might have been able to match.

The only reason the ACC should add anyone is as a big brain move to end the GoR. Because then we'd have to renegotiate TV contracts and that would be our out. The ACC is deader than dead. There is no path to survival.

The only reason the ACC should add anyone is as a big brain move to end the GoR. Because then we'd have to renegotiate TV contracts and that would be our out. The ACC is deader than dead. There is no path to survival.
I agree it's dead, but getting another 15-20 million a year until it's dead would be helpful.

That kind of dreaming is why the ACC is going to die out. I'd prefer an ACC that is all over the map vs an ACC that only exists in a history book.
While I agree completely and want the ACC to still exist and be relevant, the sailing with the Pilot is happening regardless of our "wants".

Reactions: tarheel0910
Not specifically talking about you dreaming , was referring to the person tweeting. Or is it x-ing?
ftr, it was probably the best logo of any conference, ever.

for the life of me i cannot figure out how to photoshop and then post, but if i could, i would have a blast on a new logo with stanford & cal if the acc added them.

Oregon and Washington only getting $30 million from the Big. The current ACC contract pays more than that, so obviously a renegotiated contract would pay a lot more. This means either the ACC didn't reach out, which is a huge fail, or they see the ACC as a complete joke.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT