ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina football discussion thread

wonder how notre dame feels right now…
Going to be interesting to see what NBC is willing to pay them. I don't think they'll do anything soon. They would have to join the ACC under the current ACC contract and I don't think anyone wants to be a part of this shit show.

wonder how notre dame feels right now…
Excuse me for being stupid, but what does this mean? ND is perfectly happy. Still sailing along as a FB independent, which they love and will continue. All their other teams are taken care of by the wet nurse known as the ACC. They still have a contract with NBC and they'll get even richer when the new one comes along. They're already in the expanded playoff format. What's not to like? If and when the BIG and SEC control everything such that they begin to do their own thing, they will accommodate ND somehow because they add that much value/$$$. Whether that means joining the BIG finally or some other scenario is yet to play out, but they are one of the few schools not associated with the real Power 2 that aren't hyperventilating.

Reactions: Archer2
Excuse me for being stupid, but what does this mean? ND is perfectly happy. Still sailing along as a FB independent, which they love and will continue. All their other teams are taken care of by the wet nurse known as the ACC. They still have a contract with NBC and they'll get even richer when the new one comes along. They're already in the expanded playoff format. What's not to like? If and when the BIG and SEC control everything such that they begin to do their own thing, they will accommodate ND somehow because they add that much value/$$$. Whether that means joining the BIG finally or some other scenario is yet to play out, but they are one of the few schools not associated with the real Power 2 that aren't hyperventilating.
only thinking is if the cfp doesn’t allow nd to have a bye because they aren’t in a league…i believe one talking head or twitter head said they’d be 5th at best.

ND will be forced to join a conference at some point. They'll have too many scheduling issues and the money difference will eventually be too much. Don't know when that will happen, though. My guess would be 15-20 years.

only thinking is if the cfp doesn’t allow nd to have a bye because they aren’t in a league…i believe one talking head or twitter head said they’d be 5th at best.
ND will be forced to join a conference at some point. They'll have too many scheduling issues and the money difference will eventually be too much. Don't know when that will happen, though. My guess would be 15-20 years.
They love being independent and will ride that train as long as they can. One should not discount why ND is popular either. While they got into the playoff in 20-21 and 18-19, they lost both times and there are arguments to be made that they should not have gotten there and are perennially over ranked. The last championship was all the way back in 1988 and the one before that was 1977. In terms of national noise, they are not really relevant except for their enduring popularity. Because? There are still a ton of Catholics across the country. Non CFB fans watch just because they are Catholic and it's ND. And then you have the families of generation after generation of ND fans. Which is all fine, I am not making a political statement. They are hugely popular which gives them national prominence even if they don't earn it on the field against top league competition. But they play us five games a year and have schools like Navy to beat up on. As long as they are part of the equation for the CFP and can make the other leagues/schools $$$, they are in play.

Reactions: blazers
Didn’t know Howell won the starting job in Washington til I saw social media posts bitching about it. Why the hate? Anyway good luck. I might have to adopt them as team B

I’m thinking there’ll eventually be two super conferences each picking a champ with their own tourneys to meet the other for the title. Those unable to get in will have to form their own association and choose their own champion.

I’m thinking there’ll eventually be two super conferences each picking a champ with their own tourneys to meet the other for the title. Those unable to get in will have to form their own association and choose their own champion.
I think once the ACC collapses, the NCAA is going to allow the P3 to have complete autonomy. The NCAA would still exist for everyone else and all the non football sports.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Didn’t know Howell won the starting job in Washington til I saw social media posts bitching about it. Why the hate? Anyway good luck. I might have to adopt them as team B
IMO, which means even less in this case than usual, there was a hitch in his development in school which caused him to be drafted much lower in the draft than his abilities should have dictated. His low draft coupled with 1) his lack of experience and 2) the recent non-progressing history of the club, would give any fan pause.

I fear he's going to follow the Trubisky model of being thrown into the fire too soon with extra pressure to perform to boot. But what I saw of him in the games I watched with him under center makes me think he just might pull it off. I can't wait to see.

Who's bitching about it? The media? The fans seemed to be pretty excited about it from what I've read in the offseason.

It would give me reason to stay with the team from my youth. It would be amazing to see Sam do what he did in Chapel Hill... and,know that I pulled for him like a boss when he was at my favorite college. And, now that the franchise has exorcised the demon owner... who knows! A 5th round bad-ass who set college records becomes a guy who is talked about on the same level as Sonny Jurgensen (a dookie, by the way)... that would be cool as hell.

I think there's skepticism in the Washington fanbase because of the 27 years of misery they've endured. They haven't had a consistently good QB since Joe Theismann lost his leg in that LT accident. Doug Williams and Mark Rypien were very good... Rypien definitely was... but, they didn't do it for years and years like Theismann. Theismann also had a great team, coaching staff and GM. And, an owner who knew what NOT to do.

BiodegradableGoodAngelwingmussel-max-1mb.gif

going along with that shoe ^^^, according to 247, unc is rated 14th in brand recognition, which is pretty good considering the football situation.

what’s odd is miss st and maryland are also in the top 25, albeit at the end.

carolina is capitalizing on this with recruiting, but they have to win.

going along with that shoe ^^^, according to 247, unc is rated 14th in brand recognition, which is pretty good considering the football situation.

what’s odd is miss st and maryland are also in the top 25, albeit at the end.

carolina is capitalizing on this with recruiting, but they have to win.
I'm not familiar with the brand recognition rating. Is that for football specifically or is that all sports or is it just in general? Because if the latter, 14th seems very low.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Honestly not a fan of that. Blue pants don't do it for me and the white helmet is superior. I'm guessing lil carolina will be wearing red?
I really don't like all blue, but I far prefer the blue helmet. White pants, blue jersey, classic Tar Heel football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT