ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina football discussion thread

So is this the thread where we talk about football and everything else? If so, how do we determine if the "everything else" should go in this thread or the basketball one?

Our early recruiting momentum has come to a screeching halt. Also, I've followed UNC Football and UNC Basketball on Bleacher Report TeamStream app for a few years, but my recemt decision to add "CFB Recruiting" to my stream was a bad one lol. Almost daily, it send me updates that read like this:

"4-star LB FirstName LastName commits to Tennessee over Alabama, Ole Miss, Ohio State, and others."

All these great recruits are hitching their horses to different wagons other than Carolina. Need some new commits soon!

Just a hunch but are we possibly being more selective with the lesser amount of schollies available?

More TDs, Hood or Mitch?
Mitch. Hood will be splitting carries with the other running backs, so he won’t be on the field as much as Mitch. I think both of them will have big years though. If Hood can at least match what he did last year in terms of production and we have another 10+ win season he might go pro after this year.

Yes...this magnifies the need to sign another couple of RB's for 2017. Hopefully this will encourage Lemons to stick with his commit and not succumb to UF's advances. Ross Martin at 247 says we are in good shape with several RB's this cycle.

Any word as to why? Not sure how many carries he would have gotten anyway. I would think Hood Logan and Francis would get most, if not all of the carries.
We didn't get a real opportunity to see what he could do last year. He was banged up a lot. I don't think he should've burned his redshirt.

I have no idea as to why the transfer. I would guess it was for playing time reasons though.

Reactions: UNC '92
Also, because this seems like the best place to poast it, I watched an episode of Family Guy yesterday that spoofs the "Kicked in the Nuts" videos. Lo and behold, the guy doing the kicking looks exactly like Larry Fedora (minus the wig of course). It's uncanny.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
Yes...this magnifies the need to sign another couple of RB's for 2017. Hopefully this will encourage Lemons to stick with his commit and not succumb to UF's advances. Ross Martin at 247 says we are in good shape with several RB's this cycle.

Or not clear admissions. We
have a couple at key positions that need to buckle down. I'm hoping he sticks because I haven't heard great things about Laborn and we could really use a solid every down back in this class.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
So, this irked me. I've followed Brooke on Twitter for years and she does a great job, but this is another classic example of taking offense where none was intended. I read this quote as "a woman doesn't understand the specific changes a young man goes through" but of course she made it into some sort of slight.

She did note in a later tweet that Fedora apologized for the comment. Still...

Last edited:
So, this irked me. I've followed Brook on Twitter for years and she does a great job, but this is another classic example of taking offense where none was intended. I read this quote as "a woman doesn't understand the specific changes a young man goes through" but of course she made it into some sort of slight.

She did note in a later tweet that Fedora apologized for the comment. Still...

She can suck a dick. Typical UNC journalist. That's about all I have to say on that.

Oh and BTW, his statement is factually accurate. She doesn't know the changes a *man* goes through.

So I know bashing the DTH is a popular pastime, but check out this gem from The East Carolinian.

ECU has been publicly lobbying to be considered for the Big 12. The AD, the mayor, and now even our two candidates for governor have offered support for what is probably a long shot at best.

And then TEC runs this.

Now please note: It ran on the sports page, not the opinion page, and the online version didn't have the opinion tag on the headline when it was first posted.

One of the local Pirate radio guys about gave himself a heart attack on the air, and the ECU fan Twitter feeds are calling for the student newspaper to be defunded by the university.

So I know bashing the DTH is a popular pastime, but check out this gem from The East Carolinian.

ECU has been publicly lobbying to be considered for the Big 12. The AD, the mayor, and now even our two candidates for governor have offered support for what is probably a long shot at best.

And then TEC runs this.

Now please note: It ran on the sports page, not the opinion page, and the online version didn't have the opinion tag on the headline when it was first posted.

One of the local Pirate radio guys about gave himself a heart attack on the air, and the ECU fan Twitter feeds are calling for the student newspaper to be defunded by the university.
The truth hurts. ECU fans are almost as delusional as moo fans.

And then TEC runs this.

ECU in the Big 12 makes no sense. The travel would be brutal.

I want to beat UGA so badly. So, so badly.

Also, I think it's funny that three OOTB regulars, including myself, spent time at UGA but didn't finish there. Athens is like the book Heart of Darkness. It brings out every bad quality you possess and masks every good quality you possess.

I want to beat UGA so badly. So, so badly.

Also, I think it's funny that three OOTB regulars, including myself, spent time at UGA but didn't finish there. Athens is like the book Heart of Darkness. It brings out every bad quality you possess and masks every good quality you possess.

Who else?

Just be quiet. You have been bitching about Irbys mod skills for a while and now someone finally addresses it and you want to change the subject?
I have nothing to add. Y'all are fighting my battle for me. I'm an instigator. I like to lay it out for others to play it out, like Snoop Dogg in the Starsky & Hutch remake.

ybzwf1.jpg

Wow, so after 111 epic pages, the OOTB basketball discussion thread gets locked.

And why was that? Cuz an argument from Radar came over and hijacked it. That has to be one of the more ironic things I've seen in a long time.

Like that actually gets me pissed off. More pissed off than I should be by a message board, I'll admit - but why the f*ck do people have to get so offended by stuff like that?

Wow, so after 111 epic pages, the OOTB basketball discussion thread gets locked.

And why was that? Cuz an argument from Radar came over and hijacked it. That has to be one of the more ironic things I've seen in a long time.

Like that actually gets me pissed off. More pissed off than I should be by a message board, I'll admit - but why the f*ck do people have to get so offended by stuff like that?
Basically, DSouthr came after the wrong poaster in BillyL. Billy doesn't take shit from anybody and can dish it out with the best of them.

Radar has pissed me off for years. I mean shit, they've permanently turned me against Joel Berry LOL.

Really though, I have no patience for the basketball-only types over there. Basketball-onlies are the absolute worst part about our fanbase, hands down. They are the worst of the worst when it comes to the "holier than thou" fans that so many of our rivals complain about and hate us because of. ABCers exist because of our basketball-only type fans, many of whom didn't even go to school at UNC, yet they obnoxiously brag about "can do no wrong" UNC until everyone is sickened by it, even fellow Carolina fans.

Might have to go back and read it again for old times' sake.

... or maybe not.

And then TEC runs this.

LOLLLL I missed this until now. What's hilarious is that article is 100% true and the fans GO OFF on the writer in the comments.

Truth hurts, bish. Besides, ECU would hate life in the Big 12. Their fans can't afford to travel to Austin, Morgantown, Waco, Lubbock, et al. for away football games. And as the article points out, all the rest of ECU's teams would get the shit beat out of them. ECU's basketball team in the Big 12 would be LOLtastic. Kansas, Baylor, Texas, and Oklahoma would beat them by 75 points. It would look like a women's basketball early-round NCAA Tournament score.

Reactions: tarheel0910
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT