ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina football discussion thread

DO NOT POST CONTENT FROM OUR COMPETITORS
So anyway, you can still gauge the effectiveness of UGA's pass defense without regard for how bad the opposition was or how infrequently they passed. The Dawgs held 10 of 13 teams below their season averages, including 4 teams held more than 100 yards below their season averages.

GA_Pass_Defense_el8k3a.png

I am not optimistic about Carolina football this year. I got the over/under at 8 wins.

So anyway, you can still gauge the effectiveness of UGA's pass defense without regard for how bad the opposition was or how infrequently they passed. The Dawgs held 10 of 13 teams below their season averages, including 4 teams held more than 100 yards below their season averages.

GA_Pass_Defense_el8k3a.png
Bama was a rout by the half , they already had 158 at the half.
Florida ran the ball at will and won in a rout.
As the article stated several teams had QB's who were benched.
Southern needs to be thrown out based on level of competition.

Once you start discounting individual games, you've lost the message.
Stats can be misleading. It's called looking at the whole picture and that was what the author did. You gonna tell me our pass defense was great against Baylor in the bowl game because we held them under their season average when they didn't need to use it?

If we don't get at least 9 wins, then I would consider this season a failure.

We've had high expectations before and been punched in the gut. Regardless of how I try I simply cannot get excited about our prospects of repeating last season's win total. If we find a way to win 10 games I'll be ecstatic. I expect 8, maybe 9 just because we have the talent to compete with the really good teams, and more talent than the rest.

We've had high expectations before and been punched in the gut. Regardless of how I try I simply cannot get excited about our prospects of repeating last season's win total. If we find a way to win 10 games I'll be ecstatic. I expect 8, maybe 9 just because we have the talent to compete with the really good teams, and more talent than the rest.
I don't see us getting to 11 either, but I think that there are nine games on the schedule that we should win. I could understand losing to UGA, FSU and even Miami. Outside of that we shouldn't lose a game. If we can get a W tomorrow I think that will give us the confidence to get to 10 wins.

I think this team still has a bad taste in their mouths after the opener against the other Carolina last year and how they let that one slip away. We're hungry for a statement win for the opener this year. I'm not going to say we're going to win or lose because, honestly, I have no idea, but if we lose, I'll say we're not going down without a fight.

I don't see us getting to 11 either, but I think that there are nine games on the schedule that we should win. I could understand losing to UGA, FSU and even Miami. Outside of that we shouldn't lose a game. If we can get a W tomorrow I think that will give us the confidence to get to 10 wins.

Completely agree. On talent alone, we should win every game on the schedule with the exception of those three. But here's the issue with that - we'll never be anything until we start beating the FSUs and Georgias of the college football world. "Oooohhh, we really gave it to Wake Forest!". Well, who gives a shit?

So really, 9-3 with the three losses being Miami, FSU and Georgia would still not make me feel great about this season. I'd honestly rather beat FSU and lose a stunner to a bad team just to show that we have made it to the point where we can beat the top teams in the nation.

Completely agree. On talent alone, we should win every game on the schedule with the exception of those three. But here's the issue with that - we'll never be anything until we start beating the FSUs and Georgias of the college football world. "Oooohhh, we really gave it to Wake Forest!". Well, who gives a shit?

So really, 9-3 with the three losses being Miami, FSU and Georgia would still not make me feel great about this season. I'd honestly rather beat FSU and lose a stunner to a bad team just to show that we have made it to the point where we can beat the top teams in the nation.
Exactly.

ESPN has been duly noting our lack of success against ranked teams. Until we do any success we have is going to be looked at with skepticism and the Diniches of the world will continue to chuckle at predictions of UNC's rise to prominence.

Reactions: tarheel0910
ESPN has been duly noting out lack of success against ranked teams. Until we do any success we have is going to be looked at with skepticism and the Diniches of the world will continue to chuckle at predictions of UNC's rise to prominence.
Everyone should chuckle at predictions of Carolina challenging for NY6 bowls until we beat somebody of note.

Reactions: UNC71-00
I hope Mitch is just going through some first half jitters. Right now it doesn't look like he can throw it more than five yards. It would be nice if someone would let the staff know that Hood is available to carry the ball.

I love how, in football, you may not have have actually caught the football after you caught the football. It will never make sense to me.

Hood with just 10 carries isn't going to cut it. I know it was the first game against a really good team, but I didn't see much from Mitch to make me excited. Dumb mistakes and zero accuracy on everything but short throws. Hopefully it was just nerves.

Reactions: coolwaterunc
as I said on the blitz board we simply played poorly and were coached poorly as well. I cannot recall a COACH getting flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct ...but Fed got it.
Our rush defense is as bad as last year... just awful and I really do not get it. Is it just lousy personnel or scheme??

Mitch??? Man he looked lost at times and clearly is nowhere near as mobile or athletic as MW.

Refs did us no favors but clearly we made so many mistakes... penalties etc and the play calling was subpar at best.

Overall a very poor performance in a game we clearly could have won.

This team is just not ready for the national spotlight. On the road (neutral game, my ass) against an SEC team loaded with NFL talent...if you want to compete with the big boys, you rise to this occasion.

I hope we aren't forever relegated to clawing our way to six wins by getting excited to beat Ga Tech and Wake. At some point, we have to truly compete with the big boys.

Tell me more about Trubisky, who missed several deep throws as well as open receivers.
Yep. His performance worries me. That throw in the end zone and the last throw out of bounds was jut flat out bad. He has been around long enough to know not to do that. His medium distance throws didn't look great either. Can't give him all the blame though. The coaches have to get Hood the ball more. He should get at least 20 touches a game.

Some good and bad but pretty frustrating on a lot of fronts. A lot of people are going to get run over by Chubb but it wasn't just him. They basically ran anyone they wanted successfully. We could have as well but just didn't.

It is hard to blame Fedora for the unsportsmanlike flag considering that call but the coach still can't do that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT