ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina football discussion thread

I'm not saying better than avg P4, just better than UNC avg given the circumstance. I know, high bar!
Seriously doubt that. The money was being put into the program towards the end of his regime. The indoor facility started under him. Maybe if he was a good fundraiser then there would have been more money, but part of the job as a coach is to raise money. And from what I have heard, he did his best to piss off NC high school coaches so he didn't do himself any favors in recruiting.

Reactions: bluetoe
Not sure if this is an early April fools tweet or a late one.
Don't make fun, I get all my breaking teams-leaving-the-ACC news from Swaim Show. In this latest news flash, we learn that other conferences covet ACC teams. I suppose you already knew that though. SMDH.

nothing to see here. Refs felt inconsistent and a little blind a few times, but that's how the ball bounces.

We had elite talent doing elite things with elite coaching. It’s time to go back to that formula. It worked for us, it works for others it will take us back er take us forward to where we deserve to be. It’s simple

Cheat
It's not called cheating anymore. It's called "team collectives" and MJ needs to open his wallet. He gets his logo on the football and basketball uniforms. Now it's time for him to help UNC out.

Reactions: uncboy10
It's not called cheating anymore. It's called "team collectives" and MJ needs to open his wallet. He gets his logo on the football and basketball uniforms. Now it's time for him to help UNC out.
Yes Yes Yes GIF

Heels 2.5 FAVORITES at Cow College tomorrow. i do not understand that.
Why? It's not like moo is a juggernaut. They're an average team with a bad offense. We're an average team with a bad defense. The biggest difference is our ceiling is a lot higher than their ceiling. We just haven't played to that ceiling in 4-5 games. That's why it's a toss up.

Why? It's not like moo is a juggernaut. They're an average team with a bad offense. We're an average team with a bad defense. The biggest difference is our ceiling is a lot higher than their ceiling. We just haven't played to that ceiling in 4-5 games. That's why it's a toss up.
why? they're at home, they've won 5 of the last 7 ... it's a night game (that's worth a few points in any home stadium) ... UNC is 1-2 on the road, Moo is 4-2 at home ... Moo has a better record against the spread this season ... Brennan Armstrong has hammered the Heels every time he sees them.

they're basically saying UNC would be favored by 5.5 to 6 points if this game was in Kenan - no way.

obviously i hope the Heels cover (and i hope the total goes over 55 points). but i would expect Moooo to be favored or worst case close to even on the spread.

why? they're at home, they've won 5 of the last 7 ... it's a night game (that's worth a few points in any home stadium) ... UNC is 1-2 on the road, Moo is 4-2 at home ... Moo has a better record against the spread this season ... Brennan Armstrong has hammered the Heels every time he sees them.

they're basically saying UNC would be favored by 5.5 to 6 points if this game was in Kenan - no way.

obviously i hope the Heels cover (and i hope the total goes over 55 points). but i would expect Moooo to be favored or worst case close to even on the spread.
As is always the case for moo, look a little closer to that W/L record to see why it's good.

Local man beats Vegas.
been following (and betting) UNC FB and BB for 25 years ... heavy on data and trends. i've historically won close to 70% of those bets. Moooo as an underdog saturday night was about as easy as it gets.

unfortunately i do not stay in my wagering lane as often as i should 🥴

If Bama beats Georgia today FSU is going to get ****ed in the playoffs to get Bama in no matter of they win or not.

bowers is so freakin dominant and he can’t even run right now…i’d take six of those guys and sprinkle them on carolina.

eta: georgia is in no matter what

Reactions: Heelicious
bowers is so freakin dominant and he can’t even run right now…i’d take six of those guys and sprinkle them on carolina.

SEC was down this year. It wouldn't be surprising to see them at #5.

Can I place this here? ROLL TIDE!

In a just world they have a playoff slot. We’ll see. For sure there should be 8 teams in the playoffs this year. I spose I should tag @gary-7 - how Auburn found a way to lose last week. Tigers doing Tiger things. Hilarious af. Alabama is auburns daddy for about 19 of 20 of last years. So you can’t call it a rivalry.

My son is about to graduate law school in Alabama. That’s why I’m a big bama fan.

What a game! How can you keep out the team that just bumped the team that’s been #1 for last 2-3 years.

ROLL TIDE!!!

We’ll agree to disagree. If they just lose to somebody “in the ranking neighborhood” no way could they select UGA over bama. They both have one loss and bama just beat them head to head.

Michigan, Washington and Texas for sure. Last spot goes to FSU or Alabama. If FSU wins and looks decent, then they get in. If they lose or win ugly, Alabama will jump them.

SEC was down this year. It wouldn't be surprising to see them at #5.
Maybe top to bottom sec was down but teams like fsu would’ve had at least two losses if in sec and would’ve gotten bounced in the sec title game imo if they even got that far. Same for the pac 12 maybe.

And I know Texas beat Bama in Tuscaloosa but Texas only having to beat weak osu, and Michigan only needs to beat ZERO OFFENSE Iowa for a slot in CFP is a freaking joke. Expanded playoffs can’t come soon enough. But I think 8 vs 12 is a better number. If you can’t make top 8 you have no business competing for a title.

They sucked OOC. That hurts the whole conference.
everyone’s ooc sucks now…they are top 6 good, still, and they don’t change much with the top four…keep in mind florida is way down…the league is still there…lsu might have the best qb in the country right now and nobody knew this prior to week one.

eta: florida or mizzou vs carolina would be an interesting matchup for many reasons.

Last edited:
Michigan, Washington and Texas for sure. Last spot goes to FSU or Alabama. If FSU wins and looks decent, then they get in. If they lose or win ugly, Alabama will jump them.

I disagree I'm calling

1 Michigan
2 Washington
3 Bama
4 Georgia

And this is depending on Michigan winning and it doesn't matter what the FSU outcome is.

Texas and FSU gets the shaft!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT