ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Carolina football discussion thread

I used to lol at people criticizing the movie for being “stupid”. Of course it’s stupid. It was meant to be stupid. And it’s hilariously so and made the creators millionaires.
give me a well-done low-budget flick any day over the celeb-loaded blockbuster CG bullcrap. I am not disparaging great movies like 'Shawshank', etc., at all but I love the movie in question and others like 'Blue Velvet'. I also like the off-center kind of thing like M. Shamalama's stuff like 'The Village'.

I just watched a doc on Val Lewton who specialized in producing (often spooky) low-budget stuff like 'Cat People' and 'I walked with a Zombie'. Can't get enough of those.

• Love
Reactions: heelmanwilm
give me a well-done low-budget flick any day over the celeb-loaded blockbuster CG bullcrap. I am not disparaging great movies like 'Shawshank', etc., at all but I love the movie in question and others like 'Blue Velvet'. I also like the off-center kind of thing like M. Shamalama's stuff like 'The Village'.

I just watched a doc on Val Lewton who specialized in producing (often spooky) low-budget stuff like 'Cat People' and 'I walked with a Zombie'. Can't get enough of those.
Oh yes love all those! Have you seen the flick by shamalama’s daughter? “The watchers”. Real good. Blue velvet was nuts.

Reactions: bluetoe
at some point florida is going to be in the conversation for biggest wtf happened to that program…there is absolutely no reason for them to be this bad, they have everything.

Reactions: blazers
at some point florida is going to be in the conversation for biggest wtf happened to that program…there is absolutely no reason for them to be this bad, they have everything.
That's why I was hesitant to believe Miami was as good as everyone was saying.

Yep give the reins to Criswell.

I wanted to see Conner get a chance to get comfortable running the offense but #12 just looks way better.

Reactions: gteeitup
I never understood any optimism for the Heels this year in football. From what I can tell, you NEED a decent QB. UNC has had the best 2 quarterbacks in program history and the coaching staff only managed to get 8 wins (or 9, whatever).

Whatever Max Johnson might have had, we'll never know. They have NO quarterback now! When this team has to start playing against conference teams... it's going to be really bad. I just wonder who they hire after Mack Brown finally lays a big turd.

I didn't expect them to beat Minnesota.

they have a qb.

i don’t even know wtf florida is doing, and we’re going on some years now…in the sec, they don’t recruit poorly and they have massive money…i don’t get it.
But do they have money… According to Jaden Rashada his NIL deal fell through and why he left to go to Arizona St..

Also rumors swirling that Napier might be out as early as Monday!!!!

Reactions: gteeitup
I heard two interesting coaching comments on sports talk radio yesterday that are being speculated about which I found interesting because of the geography involved:

Free Shoes is gonna be calling Deion.

Fla will be reaching out to Bill O'Brien.

Now, if I want to add to that oddity, I'll just wait for the inevitable Miami implosion and that'll be all three of them down there.

The BOB rumor would make a lot of sense but I think the shine has worn off Deion. I don’t see him getting any calls from major programs. Norvell isn’t going anywhere anyways. Massive buyout + being one year removed from an undefeated regular season just makes zero sense.

Reactions: tarheel0910
The BOB rumor would make a lot of sense but I think the shine has worn off Deion. I don’t see him getting any calls from major programs. Norvell isn’t going anywhere anyways. Massive buyout + being one year removed from an undefeated regular season just makes zero sense.
Yeah, that buyout is ridiculous. They can't afford that and a settlement with the ACC. FSU isn't far away from being a good team. With a decent QB, they probably would have won the conference again.

Reactions: uncboy10
Maybe Florida will try to bring back Urban to reload the roster and get things back on track. He was able to get some real killers

Maybe Florida will try to bring back Urban to reload the roster and get things back on track. He was able to get some real killers
i-see-what-you-did-there-steve-carell.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT