ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Celebrity Death Pool

If the glove don't fit - we must acquit!

But back to trying to actually get this thing to happen here: are we waiting for Bleed to post his picks tonight - and then hopefully the rest of the board follows suit and we can get a few rounds in, or should we pick a draft time and anyone who can't what are we thinking here?

I figure even at that point we'll have someone in the list who isn't available and we'll end up just waiting on them - which is why I thought people sending me their "big boards" would hurry this process along.

Drop Bleed- he already said he's in Haiti. He can get in after my 3rd round pick kicks the bucket this weekend.

Drum Roll please.... and the order is:

1 tarheel0910
2 Bleed
3 gteeitup
4 plm
5 GSD
6 Hark
7 UNC71-00
8 jcolucci
9 THN11
10 CoryFly
11 Raising Heel
12 UNC '92
13 coolwaterunc
14 Heelmanwilm

If anyone is out (Bleed may be?) and could let us know now, that'd be great so we're not waiting around for their pick. We agreed on $10 per poster. I don't know if we can have a strict time limit on picks, because I'm assuming it's going to end up going into tomorrow, so just try to get your picks in at a reasonable rate. I guess if there is consensus someone is taking much longer than they should we can begin to skip them (and they can jump back in and make a pick as soon as they can after that). We'll do 5 picks each, snake style (so it goes in reverse order for the 2nd and 4th rounds), with the last round (4th) being a double pick round.

As mentioned ad nauseum earlier in the thread, eligible picks need to be celebrities, and have a reasonable chance at being alive in a couple months. That's pretty much it.

@tarheel0910 - you're on the clock.

Next page bump

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
I'm shutting her down early tonight- tomorrow is going to be a big big day. However, I am considerate of my fellow OOTBers and PMd Hark my pick

Last edited:
Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
Up to this point, I hadn't really understood the "going to hell" comments.

Now that people are posting actual names, this is pretty damned disturbing. We are all horrible, horrible people. We're going straight to hell.

Well, a few are going to hell. The rest of us should be fine thanks to GSD who wont make a damn pick.

Zsa Zsa Gabor

I see plm has done his research. That was clearly my top pick as well. Threw me for a loop. plm is the odds on favorite right now for any of you lurkers that might want to make a side bet.

Sorry for the delay. My pick:

billy-graham.jpg

Ok, Im shuttin her down.

My top pick is Cher. If Hark takes her, then I gotta go with Hef.

Up to this point, I hadn't really understood the "going to hell" comments.

Now that people are posting actual names, this is pretty damned disturbing. We are all horrible, horrible people. We're going straight to hell.
As much as I wanted to do this, I couldn't get past the actual picking of names and hoping for them to die. So, I'll just lurk and laugh.

Reactions: Raising Heel
Technically I'm not really sad when people die unless I know them. I don't want them to die or anything. I wouldn't ever wish for or celebrate anyone dying. I think it is sad for those that knew them or whatever but I never understood being sad when celebrities pass away.

If you weren't sad when Dean Smith passed, then we can't be friends anymore.

Actually, as I was typing what I wrote I knew I was kind of being dishonest on that front but I literally think he is the only exception for me. So I didn't think it made sense to mention it. Still, the passing wasn't as sad as what he went through IMO. Death isn't really sad when I don't know the person. We all die. Knowing people are going through something difficult is more upsetting to me.

Reactions: Raising Heel
Actually, as I was typing what I wrote I knew I was kind of being dishonest on that front but I literally think he is the only exception for me. So I didn't think it made sense to mention it. Still, the passing wasn't as sad as what he went through IMO. Death isn't really sad when I don't know the person. We all die. Knowing people are going through something difficult is more upsetting to me.
Well put. Of course I was just busting your chops, and Dean is probably my only exception, so I pretty much agree with you word for word here.

I see plm has done his research. That was clearly my top pick as well. Threw me for a loop. plm is the odds on favorite right now for any of you lurkers that might want to make a side bet.

Sorry for the delay. My pick:

billy-graham.jpg

I wanted to pick him, but this idea is already horrible enough. I didn't want the blood of a man of god on my hands.

Yeah this is rough.

I have an idea for @Hark_The_Sound_2010. You could start a new thread just for the draft, and change the title of the thread based on whoever is currently on the clock. I know that doesn't help when people aren't logging in at all, but it might help when someone isn't reading through this thread or misses a notification flag that they've been tagged.

Reactions: TarHeelNation11
Yeah this is rough.

I have an idea for @Hark_The_Sound_2010. You could start a new thread just for the draft, and change the title of the thread based on whoever is currently on the clock. I know that doesn't help when people aren't logging in at all, but it might help when someone isn't reading through this thread or misses a notification flag that they've been tagged.

That's a good idea, and we can take 71's suggestion of a 1pm limit for him. I'll make the Death Pool Draft thread now, and input everyone that has been picked there, and hopefully it moves along faster - at this rate I'm considering drafting myself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT