ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Chain Restaurants Tourney: John Bunting Region, Round of 32

So I think many people must have interpreted this contest as a voting of which shitty NC based place we get a warm fuzzy feeling from even though it sucks.

WKkNdge.gif.cf.gif

Ok, I think I'm starting to wrap my head around what's going on here.

I've looked back through the original thread, and nowhere was it stated that we were voting for the "Best" or even a "Good" chain restaurant. So I think many people must have interpreted this contest as a voting of which shitty NC based place we get a warm fuzzy feeling from even though it sucks.

Only rational explanation for what's going on in this 1v8 matchup right now.
You're from the north so...

you-lost-the-argument-shut-up-and-gtfo.jpg

I've looked back through the original thread, and nowhere was it stated that we were voting for the "Best" or even a "Good" chain restaurant. So I think many people must have interpreted this contest as a voting of which shitty NC based place we get a warm fuzzy feeling from even though it sucks.

I'm starting to see it that way too. I'm also starting to believe that some of you people are going to die soon because of your eating habits. .

You're from the north so...

See, me being from the North actually is useful in this instance. I'm the impartial judge without any sentimental ties to these southeast regional places. I feel it's my duty to point out that the reason everyone likes Bojangles is because they're NC based and have a catchy jingle. It makes people feel good about the place even though they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between it and KFC in a blind taste test.

...Denny's, IHOP, Bob Evans (@gunslingerdick), Perkins, etc. all of which are comparable or better quality than Cracker Barrel.

WTF? You've lost this thread. You should be ashamed.
Please tell me specifically how Cracker Barrel's quality is superior to any of the restaurants I mentioned.

If you are asking me to choose from the list you provided I would say CB is better than IHOP and Denny's. Neither one are terrible, but they just don't move the needle for me.

So because they serve filet mignon that makes them better? Yeah, that's sound logic. I didn't even know people actually went to TCF for a bland filet.
I'm not asking who moves the needle for you. That's a matter of personal preference. I'm talking about the quality of the food that's served and again, I need someone to explain to me what makes CB's food any better than the restaurants I've mentioned.

Also, congratulations on completely missing the point about the filet mignon. It's not that TCF is a good place to get one. It's that you can actually get one if you want, because TCF at least attempts to serve food of a decent quality. The filet is but one example. CB, on the other hand, dips a piece of substandard meat in batter, then fries it and pours gravy on top of it. Do I like chicken fried chicken? Absolutely. But no sane person would argue that staple of the CB menu is comparable to the quality of food you'll get at TCF.

Let's just agree that you prefer crappy food when given a choice.

WTH is wrong with you? You used to seem so reasonable. This is just ... Please seek help.
Please see above.

So I think many people must have interpreted this contest as a voting of which shitty NC based place we get a warm fuzzy feeling from even though it sucks.
Damn skippy.

Umm, I agree with RH in that Perkins and especially Bob Evans are far superior to Cracker Barrel. Maybe not Denny's though.
Thank you. And I'm not even arguing that they're "far superior," just comparable to the point where declaring CB "above average" is absurd.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
wouldn't be able to tell the difference between it and KFC in a blind taste test.
I'm not saying this is the dumbest thing I've ever read on this site, but it's the dumbest thing I've read on this board.

I'm not asking who moves the needle for you. That's a matter of personal preference. I'm talking about the quality of the food that's served and again, I need someone to explain to me what makes CB's food any better than the restaurants I've mentioned.
Good lord man, because it taste better. That's what makes it better. What the hell else do you want? CB uses .75 mg more of pepper, so the taste of the food is increased by 2% over other resturants. Is that satisfactory?

Also, congratulations on completely missing the point about the filet mignon. It's not that TCF is a good place to get one. It's that you can actually get one if you want, because TCF at least attempts to serve food of a decent quality.
Congrats on missing my point that just because a restaurant serves it doesn't mean that they should. I mean, a restaurant could serve a pile of shit, but that doesn't make them better just because they give you that option. TCF should be nothing more than a desert store. That's the only thing that they do that is better than others.

Let's just agree that you prefer crappy food when given a choice.
This coming from a guy who nominated McDonald's.

Good lord man, because it taste better. That's what makes it better. What the hell else do you want?
Oooh, I'm so sorry. The answer we were looking for is that you can actually get fresh steamed vegetables at TCF, unlike the vegetables at CB that are cooked in lard until all nutrients are completely removed. We would have also accepted: salads that aren't just iceberg lettuce with some week-old shredded cheese and mealy tomatoes. Or, quality cuts of meat instead of the roadkill Jeb scraped up on the way to his shift. Or....

Oooh, I'm so sorry. The answer we were looking for is that you can actually get fresh steamed vegetables at TCF, unlike the vegetables at CB that are cooked in lard until all nutrients are completely removed. We would have also accepted: salads that aren't just iceberg lettuce with some week-old shredded cheese and mealy tomatoes. Or, quality cuts of meat instead of the roadkill Jeb scraped up on the way to his shift. Or....

I nominated about 80 restaurants. Difference is I didn't vote for the shitty ones, genius.
Trying to defend that lame sh*thole is making you really grumpy.

Wait, I thought we were talking steak? Now we are talking vegetables? CB gives you the option of vegetables, so that means they are a good restaurant. That is apparently your standard.

I nominated about 80 restaurants. Difference is I didn't vote for the shitty ones, genius.
You voted for it by nominating it. You could have named different restaurants, but you voted that McDonald's was good enough to be in the contest. By nominating it you said that it is, at worst, the 64th best restaurant. There are at least 5 million restaurants that are better.

Wait, I thought we were talking steak? Now we are talking vegetables? CB gives you the option of vegetables, so that means they are a good restaurant. That is apparently your standard.
It was merely one of many examples you could have given to defend your position. I keep waiting for a counterpoint that has yet to come.
You voted for it by nominating it. You could have named different restaurants, but you voted that McDonald's was good enough to be in the contest. By nominating it you said that it is, at worst, the 64th best restaurant. There are at least 5 million restaurants that are better.
Your poasts just keep getting more and more stupid. First of all, a nomination is not the same thing as a vote. Secondly, if I nominated more than 64 restaurants (which I did), then I wasn't saying it was at worst the 64th best restaurant, because math. Finally, this is a contest of chain restaurants. If you actually believe there are even 5 million chain restaurants in existence, not only is that another math failure on your part but a failure of basic logic. Kind of like your voting, so at least you're consistent.

No, having people continually try to tell me CB's food is better than TCF's food is making me grumpy. If you want to concede you prefer eating greasy overcooked food, then just say that.
Cracker Barrel is eleventy billion times cooler than the Cheesecake Factory and nothing you say will convince me otherwise.

Also, you voted against Bojangles so your judgment is hereby deemed suspect until further notice.

giphy.gif

Reactions: tarheel0910
It was merely one of many examples you could have given to defend your position. I keep waiting for a counterpoint that has yet to come.
I've given you counterpoints. Either you don't understand them or you are ignoring them. Either way I'm tired of repeating myself.

Secondly, if I nominated more than 64 restaurants (which I did), then I wasn't saying it was at worst the 64th best restaurant, because math.
I apologize for not searching your post history and counting the number of restaurants beforehand. I forgot that you copied and pasted a list from another website and it was more than 64.

Finally, this is a contest of chain restaurants. If you actually believe there are even 5 million chain restaurants in existence, not only is that another math failure on your part but a failure of basic logic.
So, I guess you have been hanging out on radar a lot lately. That was obviously sarcasm.

I'd like to note that, despite the fact I voted against Bojangle's, it is not because I do not think Bojangle's is amazing. Bojangle's is a fast food joint sent down from the heavens created by Jesus Christ, our Lord and our Savior, himself. It's just that Mellow Mushroom is a pizza joint sent down from the heavens created by Jesus Christ, our Lord and our Savior, himself, and I just really like pizza.

I'd like to note that, despite the fact I voted against Bojangle's, it is not because I do not think Bojangle's is amazing. Bojangle's is a fast food joint sent down from the heavens created by Jesus Christ, our Lord and our Savior, himself. It's just that Mellow Mushroom is a pizza joint sent down from the heavens created by Jesus Christ, our Lord and our Savior, himself, and I just really like pizza.
So in this scenario you're Judas?

Cracker Barrel is eleventy billion times cooler than the Cheesecake Factory and nothing you say will convince me otherwise.

Also, you voted against Bojangles so your judgment is hereby deemed suspect until further notice.
See, I can actually respect that position. And you stated the reasons for this position which is cool.

As far as Bojangles, it's the exact same argument as CB. Their food is of inferior quality compared to Mellow Mushroom. I'm being consistent.

Last edited:
@tarheel0910 - You fool. You've fallen victim to one of the classic blunders - the most famous of which is "never get involved in a land war in Asia" - but only slightly less well known is this; "never go up against @Raising Heel when message board logic is on the line". Hahahahaha.
Dammit I keep wanting to give you likes. It's a shame.

Reactions: Raising Heel
The problem is neither one of them serve steak. They could if they wanted to, but they don't. Not sure how you could be a good restaurant without serving steak.

Reactions: coolwaterunc
You voted for it by nominating it. You could have named different restaurants, but you voted that McDonald's was good enough to be in the contest.
It was in the original instructions from the coordinator of the contest to nominate places even if we weren't a fan of them or wouldn't vote for them, because we needed to fill out the early round gimme games.

That's what I thought Bojangles was, a parody vote. Until I watched with horror as people have put it in prime position to oust an actually palatable restaurant in Mellow Mushroom.

I've given you counterpoints. Either you don't understand them or you are ignoring them. Either way I'm tired of repeating myself.

I apologize for not searching your post history and counting the number of restaurants beforehand. I forgot that you copied and pasted a list from another website and it was more than 64.

So, I guess you have been hanging out on radar a lot lately. That was obviously sarcasm.
Your counterpoint was that CB has "above average" food and you can't remember anything you ever ate at TCF. I've repeatedly shown the former to be a dubious claim and the latter is probably just a sign of your early onset dementia.

FFS. I just told you that -- quoted you in the response, actually -- about 10 poasts ago that I nominated 80+ restaurants. Your reading comprehension sucks today.

Radar sucks. Buncha damn poors over there.

See, I can actually respect that position. And you stated as much which is cool.

As far as Bojangles, it's the exact same argument as CB. Their food is of inferior quality compared to Mellow Mushroom. I'm being consistent.
Value is a factor as well. I can afford to eat delicious chicken supremes or a cajun filet sandwich pretty much any time I don't have leftovers from home. I'd estimate it's at least 3x more to feed myself at Mellow Mushroom and it ain't 3x better. Don't judge me from your uppity Bentley Continental, some of us have to make do with an old Lexus.

Your counterpoint was that CB has "above average" food and you can't remember anything you ever ate at TCF. I've repeatedly shown the former to be a dubious claim and the latter is probably just a sign of your early onset dementia.
No, what you have shown is that you prefer TCF, because you think it taste better. Unless there is some kind of scientific study out there to show that's a fact, then it is just your opinion.

FFS. I just told you that -- quoted you in the response, actually -- about 10 poasts ago that I nominated 80+ restaurants. Your reading comprehension sucks today.
Sorry, all of your stupidity is blending together today. I guess I just missed it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT