ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB Chain Restaurants Tourney: John Bunting Region, Round of 32

Value is a factor as well. I can afford to eat delicious chicken supremes or a cajun filet sandwich pretty much any time I don't have leftovers from home. I'd estimate it's at least 3x more to feed myself at Mellow Mushroom and it ain't 3x better. Don't judge me from your uppity Bentley Continental, some of us have to make do with an old Lexus.
I am also completely on board with this argument. See how simple it is?

To recap: Cast a vote for whatever reason, any reason, you think makes one restaurant better than another. However, if you want to argue on the basis of quality, be prepared to defend your position with more than just an opinion.

It was in the original instructions from the coordinator of the contest to nominate places even if we weren't a fan of them or wouldn't vote for them, because we needed to fill out the early round gimme games.
I missed the part where it said McDonald's had to be nominated. Pretty easy to fill out the early rounds without them.

giphy.gif

Reactions: tarheel0910
I am also completely on board with this argument. See how simple it is?

To recap: Cast a vote for whatever reason, any reason, you think makes one restaurant better than another. However, if you want to argue on the basis of quality, be prepared to defend your position with more than just an opinion.
I don't have to defend anything, you're the one who voted against Bojangles AND Cracker Barrel.

giphy.gif

Where did anyone say McDonald's had to be nominated?

They just happened to be a couple poasters' choice for crappy fodder for the early rounds.
My point was that there were plenty of other restaurants to choose from. McDonald's didn't have to be selected. A choice was made by those posters when they could have made a choice that actually made sense.

No, what you have shown is that you prefer TCF, because you think it taste better. Unless there is some kind of scientific study out there to show that's a fact, then it is just your opinion.
What's up with you telling me what I think today? I never said it tastes better, because of course that actually is a matter of opinion. Oh, is that your argument? That you think CB tastes better than TCF? Whew! So glad we already came to an agreement about that opinion. Have a great evening.

What's up with you telling me what I think today? I never said it tastes better, because of course that actually is a matter of opinion. Oh, is that your argument? That you think CB tastes better than TCF? Whew! So glad we already came to an agreement about that opinion. Have a great evening.
I feel like I'm arguing with someone on radar. That's how bad this is.

Reactions: coolwaterunc
[Insert remedial reading joke here] What did you have that was mediocre? I've tried dozens of different dishes there and they were all excellent.

Chicken Bellagio, Steak Diane, Fried Macaroni and Cheese, Hibachi Steak, Louisiana Chicken Pasta .... oh, and over 30 different flavors of cheesecake. Your move.

At Cheesecake Factory, I can have a beer or a cocktail. Next.

Yeah, agree on all fronts. Everything I've had there is great. Cracker Barrel has some good stuff. CF has a lot more good stuff. Plus, great drinks. The first time I ever went was with my current wife and our bill was ridiculous because we just stayed for awhile drinking different things. I finally had to stop so I could chill out before the drive back from Nashville.

Reactions: Raising Heel
I don't really get the whole big menu thing. I mean, when I go to Edwin Watts I don't get pissed because they have a ton of awesome golf clubs. I enjoy the experience then settle on one I want, which ends up being pretty awesome. You aren't required to read the whole menu. Just seems like something to whine about for the sake of whining. If you are in a hurry go to Wendy's.

Reactions: Raising Heel
So, judging by the responses in this thread, the best chain restaurants need to fit the following criteria:
  • It has to serve steak.
  • Vegetables need to be available and they must be steamed.
  • The menu needs to be at least 30 pages long.
  • No fried chicken.
  • Cannot be known for southern cuisine.
It is a sad day for OOTB, indeed.
Imma give you half credit for the effort. Here's what you should have learned about the two ways to judge chain restaurants:

1) It doesn't matter if it came out of a dumpster as long as you think it tastes good. This is how poors judge restaurants.

OR

2) You recognize that the menu options, food quality, and price are strong indicators of whether the food actually is good. This is obviously a more sophisticated approach to judging restaurants that might go unappreciated by mere commoners, to the point that they will respond with sarcasm and tears.

Country fried steak with hash brown casserole (best thing on the menu), mashed potatoes & gravy and whatever you want your last side to be. Go now.
This is a good recommendation.

Or I could just get a gravy biscuit with a piece of chicken at Bojangles, the #1 seed.
Apparently you missed the part about hash brown casserole.

Reactions: coolwaterunc
#1 Bojangles' Famous Chicken 'n Biscuits

#4 Hardee's

#6 Outback Steakhouse

#7 The Cheesecake Factory

I don't really get the whole big menu thing. I mean, when I go to Edwin Watts I don't get pissed because they have a ton of awesome golf clubs. I enjoy the experience then settle on one I want, which ends up being pretty awesome. You aren't required to read the whole menu. Just seems like something to whine about for the sake of whining. If you are in a hurry go to Wendy's.
Joke's gonna be on you when Wendy's wins this damn thing.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT