ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

I know you're worried about keeping your village idiot title, but I can assure you that it's in the bag. You've been measured and weighed.
giphy.gif

not sure what you might be referring
Special Counsel Hur's testimony before Congress.

When the report came out from the DOJ, the Biden contingent breathed a collective sigh of relief because the conclusion was that they would not be bringing charges against our president (despite the rather extensive evidence of numerous violations and the precedent being set that simply being president doesn't protect one from the wrath of the DOJ). It was short lived when it became clear in the report that the decision was not because Biden was in the clear from a conduct standpoint. Rather, the president demonstrated and Mr. Hur stated in the report that the likelihood of obtaining an actual conviction from a DC jury would be very low because Joe came across as a nice, but rambling, mentally challenged elderly man (unable to be convicted of the willful part of the crimes). As such, it would be a complete waste of everyone's time and energy. Despite claims to the contrary, it was not an exoneration that Joe was not being charged because he did not commit the acts alleged.

This was followed-up by the hastily called and disastrous press conference that night when Joe, amongst other things, flat out mischaracterized what happened during his interviews with DOJ (we now have the transcript to show it). That's when the polls all started coming back with the widely held opinion that the man is no longer all there and the big push started for a replacement D candidate. The narrative from the Bidenites (like always) was an assault on Mr. Hur claiming he should have never referenced the issues about Joe's mental state and they started pumping out all this crap about his crazy, big dick energy and output in private, behind the scenes meetings, etc.

Yesterday, Mr. Hur testified before Congress about his findings and the content of the report.

Last edited:
Everyone wants to believe Sleepy Joe is senile and demented, cuz he has a speech impediment and looks like Lo Pan, but he didn't seem demented or senile during SOTU, and he didn't come off that way once inspector Hur was grilled and full transcripts were reviewed.
Keep lying to yourself and seeing what you want because you can only look through orange tinted glasses. Yes, he was able to stand there for more than ten minutes and read a teleprompter. He only screwed up when he went off script. The coach of the real USC football team is wondering why he was mentioned.

And, I hadn't followed up on this, but his demanding schedule the next day that included the crazy schedule of going to a middle school for a 5:00 PM campaign speech and then off to Delaware for the weekend included such zingers as this one where he forgets he is president:

This docs thing has crashed and burned, the issues with Hunter & Burisma being a means for impeachment have crashed and burned. They were dry, brittle straws. Now dust and historical record of the weakest "gop" congress ever.
OK, but when you sweep those things away, you're left with Joe Biden, right? Need I say more?

Special Counsel Hur's testimony before Congress.

When the report came out from the DOJ, the Biden contingent breathed a collective sigh of relief because the conclusion was that they would not be bringing charges against our president (despite the rather extensive evidence of numerous violations and the precedent being set that simply being president doesn't protect one from the wrath of the DOJ). It was short lived when it became clear in the report that the decision was not because Biden was in the clear from a conduct standpoint. Rather, the president demonstrated and Mr. Hur stated in the report that the likelihood of obtaining an actual conviction from a DC jury would be very low because Joe came across as a nice, but rambling, mentally challenged elderly man (unable to be convicted of the willful part of the crimes). As such, it would be a complete waste of everyone's time and energy. Despite claims to the contrary, it was not an exoneration that Joe was not being charged because he did not commit the acts alleged.

This was followed-up by the hastily called and disastrous press conference that night when Joe, amongst other things, flat out mischaracterized what happened during his interviews with DOJ (we now have the transcript to show it). That's when the polls all started coming back with the widely held opinion that the man is no longer all there and the big push started for a replacement D candidate. The narrative from the Bidenites (like always) was an assault on Mr. Hur claiming he should have never referenced the issues about Joe's mental state and they started pumping out all this crap about his crazy, big dick energy and output in private, behind the scenes meetings, etc.

Yesterday, Mr. Hur testified before Congress about his findings and the content of the report.
gosh, your response is quite different than @blazers'. The Hur thing is especially hard to figure. Maybe blaze can shed more light on this for me.

I'll be asking for clarification on the actual interview transcript, and how it salvaged the perception of Joe's persona and his physical (mental) condition. We'll let you know how it all has resulted in a continuation of his slipping approval rating.

the Biden lovers / Trump haters that i know are getting extremely nervous. this is not going the way they expected 8 months before the election. many of them had hoped that Papaw would have been replaced by a different candidate by now, but it's looking like the Dems are committed to him.

This docs thing has crashed and burned
The "docs thing" that found that at a minimum he kept secret documents in multiple different unsecured locations that he should never have removed from the SCIF as a Senator or VP and shared them with a third party as part of an $8 million book advance. But, he is so far gone that they aren't gonna bother prosecuting him?

Yours is a slightly different take from what one normally argues is crashing and burning.

OK, but when you sweep those things away, you're left with Joe Biden, right? Need I say more?
And everyone else is left with Trump and his issues. He should really moderate himself for the next eight months and turn over a new leaf. I think it would do wonders to anyone who is actually left on the fence and serve to tamper down the haters rhetoric.

The thing is, Trump can technically control himself and act more like a decent human being if he so choses. They ain't fixing Joe no matter how many times they shoot him up. Anyone see the Elvis movie? Remember how the Colonel said something like "the only thing that matters is him going out on that stage" to the handlers and doctor? Sounds like debate prep to me.

Reactions: Archer2
the Biden lovers / Trump haters that i know are getting extremely nervous. this is not going the way they expected 8 months before the election. many of them had hoped that Papaw would have been replaced by a different candidate by now, but it's looking like the Dems are committed to him.
I have zero faith in the DNC playing the game in an organized and calculated manner. Not sure why anyone would.

And everyone else is left with Trump and his issues. He should really moderate himself for the next eight months and turn over a new leaf. I think it would do wonders to anyone who is actually left on the fence and serve to tamper down the haters rhetoric.

The thing is, Trump can technically control himself and act more like a decent human being if he so choses. They ain't fixing Joe no matter how many times they shoot him up. Anyone see the Elvis movie? Remember how the Colonel said something like "the only thing that matters is him going out on that stage" to the handlers and doctor? Sounds like debate prep to me.
100%

(Though i love the opinions now that miracle drugs are what made Biden seem energetic and lucid instead of senile and demented. Why aren't Soros and Bill Gates sharing those drugs with the rest of the world and making more coin?)

Last edited:
gosh, your response is quite different than @blazers'. The Hur thing is especially hard to figure. Maybe blaze can shed more light on this for me.

I'll be asking for clarification on the actual interview transcript, and how it salvaged the perception of Joe's persona and his physical (mental) condition. We'll let you know how it all has resulted in a continuation of his slipping approval rating.
The report's first 6 pages list why Hur couldn’t find enough evidence that Biden kept docs with willfull intent or corrupt intent. "in the absence of other, more direct evidence”...

And then on page 6 there are THREE sentences about a jury likely having trouble with "reasonable doubt" on "willful intent" because Biden would present as an elderly man with a poor memory. Media picked up on those three sentences and made them national talking points (instead of the interesting contrasts of Trump docs vs Biden docs that the same report made).

His reports states several reasons why he felt Biden's memory was poor (including being off by a year on certain events, despite having Day/Month correct).

Regarding transcripts, yesterday they found that in the recorded transcript of Hur's interviews he says to Biden "you appear to have a photographic understanding and recall." BUT he leaves this out of his report. Why?

In my opinion the report seems political to include the "elderly" word or memory part given that a) he didn't have enough evidence regardless, b) All pols have memory probs while getting grilled about potential criming. All of them "misremember". Him leaving out the "photographic understanding and recall" words from his official report is certainly interesting.

The report's first 6 pages list why Hur couldn’t find enough evidence that Biden kept docs with willfull intent or corrupt intent. "in the absence of other, more direct evidence”...

And then on page 6 there are THREE sentences about a jury likely having trouble with "reasonable doubt" on "willful intent" because Biden would present as an elderly man with a poor memory. Media picked up on those three sentences and made them national talking points (instead of the interesting contrasts of Trump docs vs Biden docs that the same report made).

His reports states several reasons why he felt Biden's memory was poor (including being off by a year on certain events, despite having Day/Month correct).

Regarding transcripts, yesterday they found that in the recorded transcript of Hur's interviews he says to Biden "you appear to have a photographic understanding and recall." BUT he leaves this out of his report. Why?

In my opinion the report seems political to include the "elderly" word or memory part given that a) he didn't have enough evidence regardless, b) All pols have memory probs while getting grilled about potential criming. All of them "misremember". Him leaving out the "photographic understanding and recall" words from his official report is certainly interesting.
wouldn't he have to be a mind reader to uncover willful or corrupt intent unless he was caught red-handed using them in that manner? Not sure that's much of a revelation. And to begin with, does that really matter? The issue was improperly removing them from where they were supposed to be and relocating them illegally.

Three sentences describing why Biden wouldn't be prosecuted seems like plenty of fodder for the media, and if that was the basis or a substantial part of the basis for dropping the case, why wouldn't the media pick up on it?

You might enlighten me (save me the trouble of researching) as to the differences in the two cases of Trump and Biden as to how the media played them up.

Did it occur to you that Biden was using diminished capacity as a means of playing innocent? In that context, a remark about him having a photographic memory might have been a bit of a cynical dig. Maybe that's why it was left out. Unless I see something to convince me otherwise, it seems to me that the politics was in letting Biden off scot free while considering the other case differently.

It actually smacks more to me of another case where someone avoided prosecution, regarding basically the same type of offense, on the basis of lack of confidence in a conviction...which I still consider to be a detestably rigged deal.

Reactions: Archer2

After eight years of being an ass, I doubt being nice for eight months will change anything. No one is going to believe he's all of a sudden changed. People already have their opinion of both candidates' personality. They're both well known at this point. Trump (or Biden) would be wasting time if they're worried about that.

This docs thing has crashed and burned, the issues with Hunter & Burisma being a means for impeachment have crashed and burned. They were dry, brittle straws. Now dust and historical record of the weakest "gop" congress ever.
Just explain to us, since you're obviously a legal scholar, what law allows senators or VP's to declassify documents. I'll be waiting for your thoughtful response.

After eight years of being an ass, I doubt being nice for eight months will change anything. No one is going to believe he's all of a sudden changed. People already have their opinion of both candidates' personality. They're both well known at this point. Trump (or Biden) would be wasting time if they're worried about that.
Well, it's longer than eight years, many just weren't paying attention. But, I specifically limited it to the likely three or four people who were on the fence. Kidding aside, there are swing voters out there who have the attention span of a squirrel. If he isn't an ass for a hot minute and doesn't mean tweet for awhile, they may actually soften. If nothing else, the person who votes pissed off may be a little less engaged and stay on the couch.

100%

(Though i love the opinions now that miracle drugs are what made Biden seem energetic and lucid instead of senile and demented. Why aren't Soros and Bill Gates sharing those drugs with the rest of the world and making more coin?)

"Biden got through his hour-long speech, with a few stumbles and mumbles. Yes, Biden can handle reading a speech from a teleprompter. It’s when he has to think on his feet – like at a news conference – where he struggles most."

this is how I see it and I imagine it's how any others see it who aren't idiotically devoted to maintaining the path he has us on.

And I'm going to warn again, his campaign is a ruse. If he's elected, Kamala Harris is who is actually going to end up being president. I hope pubs are smart enough to hammer this home, because that prospect should scare even your average dem if that reality can be driven through their thick skulls.

In succession we would have two incompetents, one who snowed his way to that position and one that 'blowed' her way there.

"Biden got through his hour-long speech, with a few stumbles and mumbles. Yes, Biden can handle reading a speech from a teleprompter. It’s when he has to think on his feet – like at a news conference – where he struggles most."

this is how I see it and I imagine it's how any others see it who aren't idiotically devoted to maintaining the path he has us on.

And I'm going to warn again, his campaign is a ruse. If he's elected, Kamala Harris is who is actually going to end up being president. I hope pubs are smart enough to hammer this home, because that prospect should scare even your average dem if that reality can be driven through their thick skulls.

In succession we would have two incompetents, one who snowed his way to that position and one that 'blowed' her way there.

Time to bash the court again, @blazers. They clearly made the wrong decision in the Colorado case. I know this because a random federal judge said so.

Just one rather than many? If so, why are you worried?

Multiple people including tv crew knew about the alleged drug habit and the bowel issues since the 90's but we are just now hearing about it???

Your social media feed and search parameters must turn up some hilarious stuff. Here's to having a fabulous weekend. I'll help you out: Piss Tapes and Russia, Russia, Russia. Don't say I never did anything for you.

• Haha
Reactions: bluetoe
Your social media feed and search parameters must turn up some hilarious stuff.
For sure.

I randomly came across this YouTube short and thought it might compliment the comparatively harmless posts about Trump's competition that you so often like to share. Like the bush-league tweet above. I would rather be accused of not being transparent one afternoon than regularly crapping myself.

For sure.

I randomly came across this YouTube short and thought it might compliment the comparatively harmless posts about Trump's competition that you so often like to share. Like the bush-league tweet above. I would rather be accused of not being transparent one afternoon than regularly crapping myself.
Two things:

First, "randomly" coming across the YT short is not actually so random as you'd like to think. That's the whole point of the problem with the algorithms and the slanting of things from a particular perspective. YT is owned by google. Given what has come out over the association of social media with the current administration and the entire censoring of anything that was deemed to be misinformation, etc., you are kidding yourself if you think that what we all receive in searches, etc. is anything near neutral and without agenda. Even if it was 1000% fair and totally down the middle, your own prior browsing will come into play. YMMV and I'm not saying you specifically went looking for it, but don't kid yourself into thinking that it was actually random.

Secondly, there is a big difference between the two posts. Yours showed an individual making a claim without any evidence, support, documentation, etc. Just what he says happened and is happening (we have no way of knowing one way or the other and it may be complete fiction or it might be 100% true). The one I posted actually showed Biden and the video of his handlers. Yours is some guy no one's heard of making a claim. The other is a video of actual events. I'll go with the actual video if that's ok with you.

Furthermore, if Noel Casler and others were making this stuff up Donald Trump would have brought together his attorneys and sued them for defamation a long time ago.

Thought some of you might like this.

Reactions: Archer2 and bluetoe
Thought some of you might like this.

I guess according to one board contributor here, they must be scared....or is it just sanity trying to break through the cloud of wokeness we are enveloped in?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT