ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

Her demands are to be seated and for there to be notes used. And, maybe they've never had someone this dumb as a candidate.
I'm asking generally. Do we know if a presidential debate has allowed candidates to have notes? I mean, don't get me wrong, seems like they should be capable without them, they are running for the most important job in the world after all. Heck, it might help DJT to focus on important things and not go off on tangents as he is apt to do. I just wonder if this was ever permitted before.

I'm asking generally. Do we know if a presidential debate has allowed candidates to have notes? I mean, don't get me wrong, seems like they should be capable without them, they are running for the most important job in the world after all. Heck, it might help DJT to focus on important things and not go off on tangents as he is apt to do. I just wonder if this was ever permitted before.
I've seen them write notes during discussions but never bring them with them.

So, the Dept of Homeland Security (DHS) released its Information Technology Strategic Plan for FY 2024-2028. Here's the first goal listed. Is this really the number one thing that should be their strategic plan??? Please note, this bold emphasis is in the original. From page 5:

DHS IT Strategic Goals and Descriptions

Goal 1: Invest in the DHS IT Workforce

The DHS IT community is made up of thousands of talented, dedicated, and mission-driven
technology professionals. They are our greatest asset, but they are also too few. DHS will attract,
hire, develop, and retain diverse technology talent to meet expanding needs. We will invest in
developmental and training opportunities to help employees develop new skills in emerging
technical fields. Through these efforts, we will make DHS a place where IT professionals can do
meaningful work, grow their careers, and bring their authentic selves to work every day.

Objectives
1.1. Build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace: DHS strives to attract individuals across
all levels of the DHS IT workforce, including senior leadership positions, that represent the
diversity of the populations we serve. We will expand partnerships with diverse academic
institutions, professional organizations, and communities and strengthen internship, rotation, and
developmental programs that promote equitable access to career advancement for all employees.
We will also expand our distributed and remote hiring to reach more diverse qualified candidates
across the country.

https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/f...-28-information-technology-strategic-plan.pdf

• Angry
Reactions: Archer2
So, the Dept of Homeland Security (DHS) released its Information Technology Strategic Plan for FY 2024-2028. Here's the first goal listed. Is this really the number one thing that should be their strategic plan??? Please note, this bold emphasis is in the original. From page 5:

DHS IT Strategic Goals and Descriptions

Goal 1: Invest in the DHS IT Workforce

The DHS IT community is made up of thousands of talented, dedicated, and mission-driven
technology professionals. They are our greatest asset, but they are also too few. DHS will attract,
hire, develop, and retain diverse technology talent to meet expanding needs. We will invest in
developmental and training opportunities to help employees develop new skills in emerging
technical fields. Through these efforts, we will make DHS a place where IT professionals can do
meaningful work, grow their careers, and bring their authentic selves to work every day.

Objectives
1.1. Build a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace: DHS strives to attract individuals across
all levels of the DHS IT workforce, including senior leadership positions, that represent the
diversity of the populations we serve. We will expand partnerships with diverse academic
institutions, professional organizations, and communities and strengthen internship, rotation, and
developmental programs that promote equitable access to career advancement for all employees.
We will also expand our distributed and remote hiring to reach more diverse qualified candidates
across the country.

https://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/f...-28-information-technology-strategic-plan.pdf
More race and class warfare.

Why is Kamala trying to change debate rules in the 11th hour?
I'm guessing that this is part of a series of "objections" so that she can back out. At the very least, it plays as an attack on Trump. I mean, no one is gonna remember, or mention if they do, that it was Joe's camp who insisted on the mic's being turned off when time was up.

You, all those in your circle, the media, sm, agencies, the D Party, and especially Kamala Harris have lied to us for months and months, if not years and years.

pinocchio-donald-trump-0902221.jpg

If this is true, I'd love to read that interview.
Can't you read? There was no interview. Kamala didn't even give RFK Jr. the time of day much less an interview.

Trump campaign casts fresh doubt on September debate with Harris over microphone dispute​

“Our understanding is that Trump’s handlers prefer the muted microphone because they don’t think their candidate can act presidential for 90 minutes on his own. We suspect Trump’s team has not even told their boss about this dispute because it would be too embarrassing to admit they don’t think he can handle himself against Vice President Harris without the benefit of a mute button,” he said.
🤣 🐓🐓🐓🐓

pinocchio-donald-trump-0902221.jpg

Can't you read? There was no interview. Kamala didn't even give RFK Jr. the time of day much less an interview.
Nice photoshop. I was gonna make a joke about you wanting to sit on it, but I'll just point out that any whataboutism doesn't justify the entire system at all levels and all associations, public and private, lying to us about the mental status of the person who supposedly is running our country.

I know the hate runs deep, but there is no covering for this being done to all us. Indeed, one could argue that you, firmly entrenched as one of his most ardent supporters, should be more pissed off than anyone. If Trump is such a threat to democracy, why on earth would they have run a mental patient against him? A credible, vetted person who survived the primary wars would be crushing him right now if they were at all moderate.

Can I read? Well, yes, I read at a rather high level, thank you. The same cannot be said for yourself. My response was to the post below that specifically refers to RFK making statements, not Kackula. No one would begin to suggest she gave an interview on RFK or anything else because it's now

DAY 36 with crickets except for the teleprompter reading.

Rfk himself said he approached Harris campaign in the same manner he approached trumps after suspending his campaign

Quack or serious, you can't deny the rejection and what they did. He's had to sue them.
Nobody is denying the DNC laughing at him, he's a nutjob without any qualifications. His only family is rejecting him!
It was all part of the carefully orchestrated runup to ensuring that Joe had no opposition that might expose some, ahem, dirty little secrets and eventually that led to the bloodline ascension of the queen to her current status (that blood being green of course).
Jim Carrey Ok GIF

Nobody is denying the DNC laughing at him, he's a nutjob without any qualifications. His only family is rejecting him!

Jim Carrey Ok GIF
I'm being serious and asking for your thoughts and insight. Was there a reason the debate was set so exceedingly early? I mean, they moved their entire primary process to lineup SC which was in Joe's wheelhouse. It just doesn't add up.

I suppose that something could have happened that severely accelerated Joe's decline and they never told us about it. TIA's and mini-strokes can absolutely present that way over time. I still haven't seen anyone adequately address the whole he came up positive on a covid test so let's shut down a hospital ER for him because it's a freaking emergency health problem for the president only to have them redirect to AF1 halfway into transport simply to go back home to Delaware. And now he's in week two of his vacation going from Cali to Delaware. They are certainly keeping him laying low.

I'm being serious and asking for your thoughts and insight. Was there a reason the debate was set so exceedingly early? I mean, they moved their entire primary process to lineup SC which was in Joe's wheelhouse. It just doesn't add up.

I suppose that something could have happened that severely accelerated Joe's decline and they never told us about it. TIA's and mini-strokes can absolutely present that way over time. I still haven't seen anyone adequately address the whole he came up positive on a covid test so let's shut down a hospital ER for him because it's a freaking emergency health problem for the president only to have them redirect to AF1 halfway into transport simply to go back home to Delaware. And now he's in week two of his vacation going from Cali to Delaware. They are certainly keeping him laying low.
They will answer this in the same poasts as they discuss Kackle's policies.

Reactions: Archer2 and bluetoe

Trump campaign casts fresh doubt on September debate with Harris over microphone dispute​

“Our understanding is that Trump’s handlers prefer the muted microphone because they don’t think their candidate can act presidential for 90 minutes on his own. We suspect Trump’s team has not even told their boss about this dispute because it would be too embarrassing to admit they don’t think he can handle himself against Vice President Harris without the benefit of a mute button,” he said.
🤣 🐓🐓🐓🐓

Wait...you're making fun of Trump because he wants to stick to the original rules of the debate while Kamala is attempting to change them? That's some take.

They didn't just laugh at him. They literally closed and locked the door to him. The all inclusive, anything goes rules of the party blocked him out because he dared to run and oppose Team Biden who had already been picked and anointed for re-election. As to his family, they are still part of the "company" even if it means an uncle or cousin gets "fired" for not following company policies.

Wait...you're making fun of Trump because he wants to stick to the original rules of the debate while Kamala is attempting to change them? That's some take.
It's worse than that. They are the original rules that the D's wanted. You know, kinda like when Trump was talking about skipping the debate on ABC and wanted Fox because he had committed to a debate with Joe, not Kamala. She came out all tough and full of rhetoric (I posted an X with her talking smack to Donald). After he agreed to keep the previous schedule, she won't do Fox. Now, she wants to change the rules and act like he's the wuss. It's all bluster from the campaign people. She'll do anything to not be exposed.

I know I'll eventually end up watching that whole thing, but boom, she took less than two and half minutes to get to the real problem.
don't tell strum, but 2-1/2 minutes is about as far as I got also. It was nuff said.

I've been too busy today to catch up on the latest news cycles. The only issues I'm aware of are the hot mic disagreement and Trump's tweet where he questioned the fairness of ABC and hinted he might pull out. I'm reading here, including in your post, that Kamala is attempting to change the "original rules" that I assume were previously agreed upon.

Can you tell me what the original rules that she is now balking at are? Thanks in advance.

I've been too busy today to catch up on the latest news cycles. The only issues I'm aware of are the hot mic disagreement and Trump's tweet where he questioned the fairness of ABC and hinted he might pull out. I'm reading here, including in your post, that Kamala is attempting to change the "original rules" that I assume were previously agreed upon.

Can you tell me what the original rules that she is now balking at are? Thanks in advance.

"Can you tell me what the original rules that she is now balking at are? "

This almost seems like a pointed question, especially since you could find that on your own without concern over accuracy of the source. Are you trying to make a point? If so, may I ask what that is?

"Can you tell me what the original rules that she is now balking at are? "

This almost seems like a pointed question, especially since you could find that on your own without concern over accuracy of the source. Are you trying to make a point? If so, may I ask what that is?
I've done a minimal amount of research on my laptop as time has allowed (since I am working today) and all I can find is the open mic-closed mic disagreement. I figured with the uproar here there must be more to it than that. That's why I'm asking.

I have found that the main discrepancies are the live mic issue and Harris's request for the two of them to be seated and have notes during the debate. Unless I'm missing something, these sound like minor details that can easily be worked out. There should be no reason why one of the candidates is suddenly threatening to pull out of the debate altogether. Unless he's skeered.

I have found that the main discrepancies are the live mic issue and Harris's request for the two of them to be seated and have notes during the debate. Unless I'm missing something, these sound like minor details that can easily be worked out. There should be no reason why one of the candidates is suddenly threatening to pull out of the debate altogether. Unless he's skeered.
Notes? Are you kidding? And if she's not "skeered" I guess she'll agree to a Fox debate.

Reactions: Archer2 and bluetoe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT