ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

I have found that the main discrepancies are the 1. live mic issue and 2. Harris's request for the two of them to be seated and 3. have notes during the debate. Unless I'm missing something, these sound like minor details that can easily be worked out. There should be no reason why one of the candidates is suddenly threatening to pull out of the debate altogether. Unless he's skeered.
I think those are the issues. Remember, the existing rules are the ones that your team demanded for the CNN debate with Joe and are referred to as the CNN rules. The ABC debate was agreed to using those same rules. I'm not certain that the Fox debate had the same setup, but would not be surprised.

After Joe withdrew and she was anointed, Kamala whined and talked smack when Trump said he was considering not doing the debates. He recommitted and she withdrew from Fox commitment. In regard to specifics:

1. It was the D's who required this rule including that there be no live audience. They didn't want Trump talking over and running rough all over Joe at the time.

2. This is a debate, not a gathering for tea. Why on earth would they not stand? Is she incapable of doing so for 90 minutes? Are they covering a health issue for her as well?

3. No one brings notes to these things. It's not a competition to see who has the best writers on their campaign. Why does she need a cheat sheet? Perhaps she's more like Joe than everyone thought. We know she really only wants to read canned speeches off a teleprompter, but that's kind of the opposite of what a debate is supposed to be.

So, why the new rules? Is she skeered?

ETA: Forgot, she also apparently wants to add opening statements.

Last edited:
Reactions: Archer2
I’m shocked as to who wants an open mic and who doesn’t. I woulda figured it the other way around. Anyway I think Harris thinks she has some leverage and is trying to put the squeeze on trump.

I’m shocked as to who wants an open mic and who doesn’t. I woulda figured it the other way around. Anyway I think Harris thinks she has some leverage and is trying to put the squeeze on trump.
Can't argue any of that. I said before that I think this is the beginning of a bunch of bluster for either super favorable terms or to justify her withdrawal. They don't really want a debate.

Day 36

You gotta marvel at American political theater. One candidate got kicked off the ticket by his party. The other one is awaiting a sentencing in a felony conviction.

And, the two that are finally still running are nit-picking a debate that's just going to be more theater.

da02056b-2811-48ec-b793-984f518174bc_text.gif

And if she's not "skeered" I guess she'll agree to a Fox debate.
Maybe she will. So far, the only one who is threatening to pull out is Donald Trump for a myriad of reasons:
"ABC is fake news,"
"Kamala didn't agree to the CNN rules,"
"Kamala wants to have open mics when we debate,"
"Kamala wants to be seated when we debate,"
"Kamala wants to have notes when we debate,"
"Kamala wants us to make opening statements before we debate."

He goes on to make such ridiculous claims as “She’s not a good debater," "She’s not a smart person," "She doesn’t want to debate me.”

Sounds like it's the Donald who is too chickenshit to debate.

Maybe she will. So far, the only one who is threatening to pull out is Donald Trump for a myriad of reasons:
"ABC is fake news,"

He goes on to make such ridiculous claims as “She’s not a good debater," "She’s not a smart person," "She doesn’t want to debate me.”

If you really believe they should have notes it says a lot. She wants to be seated because he's 6'4" and she's 5'4".
And ask Tulsi Gabbard if she's a good debater. How many primary votes did she get in the last 2 votes again?

You gotta marvel at American political theater. One candidate got kicked off the ticket by his party. The other one is awaiting a sentencing in a felony conviction.

And, the two that are finally still running are nit-picking a debate that's just going to be more theater.

da02056b-2811-48ec-b793-984f518174bc_text.gif
Is that MeMaw?

Bragg's team filed a letter with Judge Merchan that came out today wherein they admit that the postponement of sentencing from Sept 18 would be "prudent". They had little choice. The bottom line is that it would be immediately appealable and they'd get bitch slapped due to the immunity ruling. By delaying, they can at least keep using the convicted felon line rather than having to grant a new trial before the election. The fact is that the Judge let in evidence that should have been excluded as it was objected to and the prosecutors even argued during closing to the jury that it was significant. Evidence that should never have even been whispered. But they had to rush to trial before the supremes could rule. Now, the conviction will be vacated, and he will get a new trial if they again decide to pursue this. But they got their "win" for purposes of the election, they just aren't going to be able to add "who's going to jail" to the "convicted felon" tagline.

If you really believe they should have notes it says a lot.
Her notes would probably consist of a fact sheet to enable her to call out his lies in real time.

Again, what is so puzzling about two candidates not agreeing on all the conditions of a debate still more than two weeks away? There's plenty of time to iron out the details. Why is Donald Trump taking this opportunity to suggest he's considering pulling out?

I've been too busy today to catch up on the latest news cycles. The only issues I'm aware of are the hot mic disagreement and Trump's tweet where he questioned the fairness of ABC and hinted he might pull out. I'm reading here, including in your post, that Kamala is attempting to change the "original rules" that I assume were previously agreed upon.

Can you tell me what the original rules that she is now balking at are? Thanks in advance.

Certainly.

She wants mics left on and as you've acknowledged, that would be a change from the originally agreed upon terms. She also wants to be sitting instead of standing, which wasn't the agreed upon terms and she wants to have notes. Lol. Obviously that wasn't the originally agreed upon terms.

Her notes would probably consist of a fact sheet to enable her to call out his lies in real time.
If she can't do this in a debate with Trump without notes, how on earth could anyone vote for her? Is she that challenged?
Again, what is so puzzling about two candidates not agreeing on all the conditions of a debate still more than two weeks away?
They ALREADY AGREED. She now wants to change them after the fact.
There's plenty of time to iron out the details. Why is Donald Trump taking this opportunity to suggest he's thinking about pulling out?
It's like you want to create your own reality.

I have found that the main discrepancies are the live mic issue and Harris's request for the two of them to be seated and have notes during the debate. Unless I'm missing something, these sound like minor details that can easily be worked out. There should be no reason why one of the candidates is suddenly threatening to pull out of the debate altogether. Unless he's skeered.

Why would Trump's team agree to change the already agreed upon terms? Your answer may be "well, Kamala and her team never agreed to those terms." That's true. It's also too f*cking bad. See, this is what happens when your team kicks their guy off the team and replaces him with someone else. The burden is on them to accommodate the originally agreed upon terms. Trump is under no obligation whatsoever to accommodate the one who stepped in late.

So let's get it straight. Kamala would be the one that is scared if she refuses to go through with the originally agreed upon terms.

Is that MeMaw?

Bragg's team filed a letter with Judge Merchan that came out today wherein they admit that the postponement of sentencing from Sept 18 would be "prudent". They had little choice. The bottom line is that it would be immediately appealable and they'd get bitch slapped due to the immunity ruling. By delaying, they can at least keep using the convicted felon line rather than having to grant a new trial before the election. The fact is that the Judge let in evidence that should have been excluded as it was objected to and the prosecutors even argued during closing to the jury that it was significant. Evidence that should never have even been whispered. But they had to rush to trial before the supremes could rule. Now, the conviction will be vacated, and he will get a new trial if they again decide to pursue this. But they got their "win" for purposes of the election, they just aren't going to be able to add "who's going to jail" to the "convicted felon" tagline.
Merchan really screwed the pooch when he instructed jurors they didn't have to have a unanimous verdict on any of the counts.

Is that MeMaw?

Is that what the fact is? Really? Wow! A PhD in juris-dear-prudence! Riiight... he's totally innocent. Tremendously innocent. Even when he's been found guilty, he's still innocent.

Totally not a cult.

c30a94afd3ee548ea1182a5f5b2cc3c3.jpg

BTW: I don't know "Mee-maw"

The only leverage she has is her mind control over her idiot followers that will attempt to paint Trump as the one that's scared when he was planning to do exactly what was agreed upon when the deal was made. And of course, the idiot media talking heads will all pile on acting like Trump is the one backing out when the reality clearly shows Kamala is the one not comfortable.

"ABC is fake news,"

^
The only leverage she has is her mind control over her idiot followers that will attempt to paint Trump as the one that's scared when he was planning to do exactly what was agreed upon when the deal was made. And of course, the idiot media talking heads will all pile on acting like Trump is the one backing out when the reality clearly shows Kamala is the one not comfortable.

Again, what is so puzzling about two candidates not agreeing on all the conditions of a debate still more than two weeks away? There's plenty of time to iron out the details. Why is Donald Trump taking this opportunity to suggest he's considering pulling out?

The details were ironed out. Weeks ago. People who are late to the party don't get to decide the menu or the evening's playlist.

I think they should both be leaning slightly when they debate. Not sitting or standing. Maybe a crouched position? Or, they could play Twister as they debate!

So let's get it straight. Kamala would be the one that is scared if she refuses to go through with the originally agreed upon terms.
That's my point. So far she's merely listed her requests for the debate. She hasn't threatened to pull out if her requests aren't met. Only Trump is currently doing that.

Is that what the fact is? Really? Wow! A PhD in juris-dear-prudence! Riiight... he's totally innocent. Tremendously innocent. Even when he's been found guilty, he's still innocent.
Actually, people who are experts in that area have what is known as a Juris Doctor, not a PhD in juris-dear-prudence. But you're right that it's a doctorate level degree. And no one said he's totally or tremendously innocent. But he will certainly not end up being found guilty, at least from that trial. There's a big difference in someone being an ahole jerk and being guilty of crimes. You're the expert on political theater, that's all this trial was. And he's only been found temporarily guilty. Are you going to "take back" all those comments when Merchon gets his fingers soundly smacked with a ruler on appeal? People on here are always talking about bets, you name the terms. I say that Trump's conviction gets overturned on appeal (if Merchon doesn't have to do it himself or some other political intervention takes place). What do you say?
Totally not a cult.

c30a94afd3ee548ea1182a5f5b2cc3c3.jpg

BTW: I don't know "Mee-maw"
She's Sheldon's grandmother on BBT and Young Sheldon.

That's my point. So far she's merely listed her requests for the debate. She hasn't threatened to pull out if her requests aren't met. Only Trump is currently doing that.

I don't know about any threats. Trump should simply say, "No. No changes. F*ck off. We do it the way it was originally set up or you're chickenshit."

End of story.

I think they should both be leaning slightly when they debate. Not sitting or standing. Maybe a crouched position? Or, they could play Twister as they debate!
When I first read this board around midmorning and noticed the Trump campers and their hair on fire, I thought maybe Kamala was demanding the debate be done underwater and in Swahili.

• Love
Reactions: strummingram
I don't know about any threats. Trump should simply say, "No. No changes. F*ck off. We do it the way it was originally set up or you're chickenshit."

End of story.
His campaign person has basically said this already.

“Enough with the games. We accepted the ABC debate under the exact same terms as the CNN debate. The Harris camp, after having already agreed to the CNN rules, asked for a seated debate, with notes, and opening statements. We said no changes to the agreed upon rules,” said Jason Miller, senior adviser to President Trump. “If Kamala Harris isn’t smart enough to repeat the messaging points her handlers want her to memorize, that’s their problem,” Miller continued. “This seems to be a pattern for the Harris campaign. They won’t allow Harris to do interviews, they won’t allow her to do press conferences, and now they want to give her a cheat-sheet for the debate. My guess is that they’re looking for a way to get out of any debate with President Trump,” he concluded.

Check out this link to this map. It shows up to date sanctuary cities and states.

https://cis.org/Full-Screen-Map-Sanctuary-Cities
That's really interesting. Thanks.

Some things pop out ...

None in Texas, whereas even Idaho and Wyoming have a couple.

Compare neighbors Arizona and New Mexico, Or North and South Dakota. Why the huge difference?

For the most part "sanctuary" doesn't quite mean what a lot of us probably think it means. If you click on individual states or municipalities, you'll see differences, but what "sanctuary" seems to mean is just that those states or municipalities won't automatically hand over anyone ICE wants. Which doesn't mean they won't ever hand over anyone ICE wants.

California spells it out better than most, for those who want to see nuance.

Reactions: pooponduke
Actually, people who are experts in that area have what is known as a Juris Doctor, not a PhD in juris-dear-prudence. But you're right that it's a doctorate level degree. And no one said he's totally or tremendously innocent. But he will certainly not end up being found guilty, at least from that trial. There's a big difference in someone being an ahole jerk and being guilty of crimes. You're the expert on political theater, that's all this trial was. And he's only been found temporarily guilty. Are you going to "take back" all those comments when Merchon gets his fingers soundly smacked with a ruler on appeal? People on here are always talking about bets, you name the terms. I say that Trump's conviction gets overturned on appeal (if Merchon doesn't have to do it himself or some other political intervention takes place). What do you say?

She's Sheldon's grandmother on BBT and Young Sheldon.
Sooo... he has not been found guilty of 34 counts and awaiting sentencing?

Yes he’s has been and yes he’s awaiting g sentencing.

When it’s overturned by appeal, are you going to stop using this line?
Stop using the line? Well, if it's overturned, then yeah. But, it hasn't been overturned and I go back to my original comment:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT