ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

fk-ours-fk.gif
and then laughing about it? No doubt.

Someone told me that he was "only" an Assistant Coach. Anyone know the validity of this? I mean, it would at least be consistent with the role he's serving.
He was the defensive coach at Mankato West High School in Minnesota. After he came aboard he implemented a 4-4 scheme that helped turn around the program, taking it from a 27-game losing streak to an eventual state title.

Last edited:
Why was he lying when he said he knew nothing about it but not lying when he said they’re doing a good job with it? You seem to be very attentive to his lies so maybe you can tell me how to spot when he’s telling the truth and when he’s lying. Thanks.
When Trump is telling the truth? Are you kidding me?

• Haha
Reactions: Heels Noir
Agree with this (not the lying part, but the idea that he doesn't know about it). Of course he knows about it, at least by the time he was making these comments. But you have to take the good/stupid with the rest of it and he has addressed it by saying that there are some parts with which he agrees and some that are crazy (my words, not his). It's just misleading to only take the parts that serve your goal without the others that provide context.

But this is what people who hate him do. They focus on particular phrases and words rather than taking a step back to ask what he was really saying. It's like how he constantly says he had the greatest economy ever. It grates on my nerves because it wasn't. Just say you had a good economy and move on without the extreme salesman statement. But it's how he speaks.

The best example I can give is the word "bloodbath". When making that statement, he was talking specifically about what was going to happen to the auto industry and resulting economic consequences if he was not elected. But leave it to the Biden/Harris campaign, DNC, the media, sm, and parrots like Blaze to take a comment about one of our most important industries and turn it into Trump arming people for a real life version of The Purge.
So you are asking the world to not take what the man says but take your word about what he "really meant"? Good luck with that.

Someone told me that he was "only" an Assistant Coach. Anyone know the validity of this? I mean, it would at least be consistent with the role he's serving.
By the way, poop, since we're nitpicking with grammar today, I must inform you that you improperly used upper case when you typed "Assistant Coach." Lower case would have been the correct method since you were merely using the term as a common noun rather than a proper noun. You're welcome.

Last edited:
Let's do a survey of men who were responsible for unintended pregnancies and see how many of them want to ban abortion.
Because that's really the people we want setting our policies, irresponsible as they are.
That you would use this imbecile as an example tells me everything I need to know about your intelligence.
By the way, poop, since we're nitpicking with grammar today, I must inform you that you improperly used upper case when you typed "Assistant Coach." Lower case would have been the correct method since you were merely using the term as a common noun rather than a proper noun. You're welcome.
Oh, it's panties are in a wad.

Well, I'm not gonna quibble with you and why you're wrong, but you completely missed the point of how annoying you are when you do this regarding posts. No one wants to hear from you on this front. Maybe you should just start a new thread called The Grammar Police and see if it takes off. Good luck with that.

That you would use this imbecile as an example tells me everything I need to know about your intelligence.
Did Al Pacino hurt your feelings? Or, is it Lt. Col. Frank Slade that bothers you? That role won Pacino the Oscar. Either way, it doesn't take much to tell you everything you need to know. No charge!

Reactions: heelmanwilm
When Trump is telling the truth? Are you kidding me?
I used to work with a guy who I would describe to people as always telling stories that used the 80/20 rule. Literally, every story or thing he'd tell you, they were about 80% true and about 20% embellishment (or false if you prefer). The trick, I would tell people, was trying to figure out the part that was the 20. He told a good story, so it was never easy. Trump comes across that way much of the time.

So you are asking the world to not take what the man says but take your word about what he "really meant"? Good luck with that.
No. I am asking the world to actually take what the man says, in total, not take the media's word or his opponents' word about what he "really meant" or they claim he said. If you limit or clip what he says because you hate him, you can make him say almost anything to serve your agenda.

For example, if Trump said something like "The Carolina basketball team performed very poorly initially and Dook was great, but Hubert made adjustments so the Tar Heels crushed them. The fans at Cameron didn't act very crazy then." The haters would claim that he actually said "Carolina basketball performed poorly and Dook was great. The fans at Cameron act very crazy."

Technically, those were all words he used, but it isn't anywhere near accurate as to what he actually said.

Reactions: Archer2
Well, I'm not gonna quibble with you and why you're wrong, but you completely missed the point of how annoying you are when you do this regarding posts. No one wants to hear from you on this front. Maybe you should just start a new thread called The Grammar Police and see if it takes off. Good luck with that.
First, you started the grammar patrol earlier today and I just thought it would be funny to throw it back in your face. Second, tell me how I'm wrong. Coming from such a scholarly know-nothing, this should be fascinating. By all means, quibble away!

I didn't see it and not just because I was watching the game. I knew it would nauseate me because IMO there is no way it wasn't a setup...CNN more than likely in some degree prompted her as to what would be asked and she had plenty of time to rehearse the answers.

And so I would like your opinion on exactly that. Having seen it and being the astute observer that you are otherwise, do you believe it was on the up and up or do you think it was to some extent a sham interview.
I would say sham.

Reactions: bluetoe
No. I am asking the world to actually take what the man says, in total, not take the media's word or his opponents' word about what he "really meant" or they claim he said. If you limit or clip what he says because you hate him, you can make him say almost anything to serve your agenda.

For example, if Trump said something like "The Carolina basketball team performed very poorly initially and Dook was great, but Hubert made adjustments so the Tar Heels crushed them. The fans at Cameron didn't act very crazy then." The haters would claim that he actually said "Carolina basketball performed poorly and Dook was great. The fans at Cameron act very crazy."

Technically, those were all words he used, but it isn't anywhere near accurate as to what he actually said.
No to be accurate trump would say “I didn’t see the game, don’t know anything about it, but we played terrible”

Reactions: prlyles
No to be accurate trump would say “I didn’t see the game, don’t know anything about it, but we played terrible”
And you've just proven the point because you have left out all the stuff he said about the game itself. It's what they (you?) do. If five things are said about something, you don't get to smear someone on just one of the things without including the other four that completely undercut the intended smear. It's lying by omission. Worse, it's doing so on purpose and with intent.

Reactions: bluetoe and Archer2
Did Al Pacino hurt your feelings? Or, is it Lt. Col. Frank Slade that bothers you? That role won Pacino the Oscar. Either way, it doesn't take much to tell you everything you need to know. No charge!
Well he’s an imbecile cause you know, he’s a dem supporter. That’s how the world looks to a hypocritical religious bigot like archer. Dem bad, repub good. I’m righteous and you’re going to hell. Lol.

I would say sham.
Well, the biggest SHAM was the entire pretense that this was a full form interview. CNN even gave her some multiple choice questions and there was no follow-up questions when they (both of them) simply failed to answer by redirecting to some canned response. But, I have no doubt this was part of the script that was worked out ahead of time. The most incredible part of the sham is this:

THIS WAS A 41 MINUTE "INTERVIEW". CNN AIRED 18 MINUTES. That tells us everything we need to know.

And you've just proven the point because you have left out all the stuff he said about the game itself. It's what they (you?) do. If five things are said about something, you don't get to smear someone on just one of the things without including the other four that completely undercut the intended smear. It's lying by omission. Worse, it's doing so on purpose and with intent.
All the stuff he said about the game he didn’t see and knows nothing about? Lol. Yea there’s a point getting proven about lying there alright.

First, you started the grammar patrol earlier today and I just thought it would be funny to throw it back in your face. Second, tell me how I'm wrong. Coming from such a scholarly know-nothing, this should be fascinating. By all means, quibble away!
You've repeatedly had your knuckles whacked about what you think is funny. Humor is not everyone's gift, so take a hint. Second, I very plainly told you that I wasn't playing your silly game as well as why, so have fun by yourself. Everyone occasionally has to deal with the feeling of being left "wanting", this is one of those moments for you. At least now you can empathize with how your wife feels all the time.

All the stuff he said about the game he didn’t see and knows nothing about? Lol. Yea there’s a point getting proven about lying there alright.
But you are being too literal about ONE statement. When he says he's not familiar with it or hasn't read it (whatever his exact words were), it's a statement of something like he hasn't taken the time to sit down, read through all 900 pages or whatever, study every aspect, and compare the elements against what his policies and agenda are to determine how they align or how they differ. He is not literally saying that he has no idea what P25 is and what all the references are from the endless smearing from the D's and the media. Of course, he is aware of that since he immediately went on to say that it had some good stuff in it and some really bad stuff in it.

Your purpose serving literal interpretation that's out of context is 180 degrees inconsistent with what he says immediately after that. That's all about serving an agenda and justifying your position on orange versus being honest about what was actually said. It's like the idiots (and they know who they are) who keep claiming that he said there were "very fine people" that are white supremists when in the very same speech he said he "totally condemned" white supremists. You can't have it both ways, so clearly that's not who he was talking about and the P25 stuff is no different.

This act is so old and you don't have to do it. It's like the cop who makes up a reason to stop a car at 2:30 in the morning to catch the guy that he just knows is a drunk driver. If the cop would just follow the driver for another minute or two, the drunk will surely do something that justifies a stop and it's all on the up and up. Trump is the same. He says enough stupid things that you don't have to die on this hill.

Actually in further thought this would be more accurate

“So what did you think of the game?”

“I didn’t see it and know nothing about it but they played terribly”

“But you were seen at the game”

“Maybe I was I don’t know, people say that but I know nothing about the game”

“But Your best friend is the coach, your son played and you spoke to the players at half time”

“Nasty question from a nasty reporter, We used to be friends he invited me in the locker room but it was a set up maybe the players parents are saying that, his play calling was terrible but I don’t know anything about the game.”

“There’s video of you at the game posted by your campaign”

“I don’t know anything about that. There’s lots of video, who knows what’s real, the games I go to are much bigger, huge, noones seen games as big as the ones I go to”

“So are you disappointed they lost”

“they actually won, everyone knows that, the refs were horrible, im calling for an investigation into how the officiating was weaponized by the other team”

“What evidence do you have?”

“We have evidence, lots of evidence, we’ve already won the case, when I’m elected the loss will be changed to a win”

Actually in further thought this would be more accurate

“So what did you think of the game?”

“I didn’t see it and know nothing about it but they played terribly”

“But you were seen at the game”

“Maybe I was I don’t know, people say that but I know nothing about the game”

“But Your best friend is the coach, your son played and you spoke to the players at half time”

“Nasty question from a nasty reporter, We used to be friends he invited me in the locker room but it was a set up maybe the players parents are saying that, his play calling was terrible but I don’t know anything about the game.”

“There’s video of you at the game posted by your campaign”

“I don’t know anything about that. There’s lots of video, who knows what’s real, the games I go to are much bigger, huge, noones seen games as big as the ones I go to”

“So are you disappointed they lost”

“they actually won, everyone knows that, the refs were horrible, im calling for an investigation into how the officiating was weaponized by the other team”

“What evidence do you have?”

“We have evidence, lots of evidence, we’ve already won the case, when I’m elected the loss will be changed to a win”
So, I'm done with the topic because you're gonna just keep going back to this well due to your feelings about him. But, besides probably spending way too much time on that:

Well done my man. I was laughing out loud and the wife wanted to know what was so funny. You know how you read stuff and the voice comes through as the person? Really good job. Spot on.

Reactions: heelmanwilm
I supposed the answer to my dilemma is actually both.
Both? So you're still going to engage with me but you're going to feel sorry for me as I continually point out your shortcomings? I'm good with that.

By the way, there's a past tense-present tense incongruity in "supposed" and "is."

P2025 yawnnnnnnn.
Why the yawn?

Despite Trumps transparently disingenuous efforts to distance himself from P2025, most on both left and right understand that P2025 is a very good approximation and blueprint for the next Trump administration.

That worries lefties like me, because it's full of dangerously nutty stuff.

Well he’s an imbecile cause you know, he’s a dem supporter. That’s how the world looks to a hypocritical religious bigot like archer. Dem bad, repub good. I’m righteous and you’re going to hell. Lol.
Forgive me... I don't keep track of every celebrity's political affiliation. I chose the gif because I like the film and the quote was ideal.

Why the yawn?

Despite Trumps transparently disingenuous efforts to distance himself from P2025, most on both left and right understand that P2025 is a very good approximation and blueprint for the next Trump administration.

That worries lefties like me, because it's full of dangerously nutty stuff.
Trump is not going to keep you from marrying your ghey lover nor keep you from getting anbortion. So relax Nancy.

• Love
Why the yawn?

Despite Trumps [transparently] apparently disingenuous efforts to distance himself from P2025, most on [both] the left and some on the right [understand] have been led to believe that P2025 is a very good approximation and blueprint for the next Trump administration.

That worries lefties like me, because [it's full of dangerously nutty stuff] like most leftists, I am of course highly susceptible to leftist propaganda.
Sorry, had to make it real for you.

• Haha
PawPaw and Kamala on their way to the situation room! Sorry Joe had to cut his 3 week vacation short but I guess he feels like Americans being killed is enough to pull him back in to the office.

• Angry
Reactions: nctransplant
More DEI bullshit that will cost lives.

“United Airlines CEO Scott Kirby faced backlash after a resurfaced video showed him boasting about the company's diversity initiatives, which require higher numbers of women and minority workers. He said the company has committed to ensuring 50% of their graduating pilot classes will be women or people of color, up from 19% in 2023.

PawPaw and Kamala on their way to the situation room! Sorry Joe had to cut his 3 week vacation short but I guess he feels like Americans being killed is enough to pull him back in to the office.
Why? Why?

I'll ask a third time, why on earth would SHE be there? I got repeatedly scolded for claiming that she was anything more than an insurance policy in case the old man kicked it.

Doesn't she have a teleprompter to read somewhere?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT