ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

The trump administration is now calling co2 “freedom molecules.”

Idiocracy 2019

The trump administration is now calling co2 “freedom molecules.”

Idiocracy 2019

It was actually given to cleaner burning natural gas. It sounds a little silly, but it's just a marketing ploy that was made up by some European guy. Do you have a problem with natural gas? I know the article says that it emits methane, but it sounds better than coal.

I also know that Trump has been pushing Europe to buy its natural gas from the US instead of Russia, which would completely eff the Ruskies.

It was actually given to cleaner burning natural gas. It sounds a little silly, but it's just a marketing ploy that was made up by some European guy. Do you have a problem with natural gas? I know the article says that it emits methane, but it sounds better than coal.

I also know that Trump has been pushing Europe to buy its natural gas from the US instead of Russia, which would completely eff the Ruskies.

LOL. The spin you put on that is actually hilarious.

Being better than coal is the lowest bar you could possibly set. Methane emissions are extremely problematic (worse than CO2), and hydraulic fracking to get natural gas (the cheaper option that energy companies will almost always choose) is an environmental disaster.

This kind of "marketing" is designed for stupid people.

LOL. The spin you put on that is actually hilarious.

Being better than coal is the lowest bar you could possibly set. Methane emissions are extremely problematic (worse than CO2), and hydraulic fracking to get natural gas (the cheaper option that energy companies will almost always choose) is an environmental disaster.

This kind of "marketing" is designed for stupid people.

All marketing is designed for stupid people. So, what should people use for energy? I know you're a proponent of "nucular" energy, and I could get on board with that, but "green" energy isn't efficient enough to do the job.

"Molecules of Freedom!"

Whitewash the language, conceal your crimes, pretend it's actually a good thing.

Alternative Facts... Fake News...

All marketing is designed for stupid people. So, what should people use for energy? I know you're a proponent of "nucular" energy, and I could get on board with that, but "green" energy isn't efficient enough to do the job.

Nuclear energy is obviously the answer.

Lol all marketing is not designed for stupid people. That's an absurdly stupid comment to make...

Nuclear energy is obviously the answer.

Lol all marketing is not designed for stupid people. That's an absurdly stupid comment to make...

You can add "uninformed" to that if you wish, but smart, informed people aren't swayed by marketing. They research the product instead. I can understand getting your name out there, but marketing doesn't end there. They attempt to obfuscate and draw in impulse buyers. They play on consumer's fears, not unlike politicians.

You can add "uninformed" to that if you wish, but smart, informed people aren't swayed by marketing. They research the product instead. I can understand getting your name out there, but marketing doesn't end there. They attempt to obfuscate and draw in impulse buyers. They play on consumer's fears, not unlike politicians.

Good marketing provides information about why a particular good or service is valuable to a consumer. It only needs to be cynical for a firm that wants to convince people to buy a bad good/service. If the product provides a value add to the consumer, then obfuscation would be a ridiculously stupid marketing strategy.

Good marketing provides information about why a particular good or service is valuable to a consumer. It only needs to be cynical for a firm that wants to convince people to buy a bad good/service. If the product provides a value add to the consumer, then obfuscation would be a ridiculously stupid marketing strategy.

If the product is good, smart, informed people will buy it anyway, due to it being superior. I've bought plenty of items where I've never seen a commercial of theirs.

If the product is good, smart, informed people will buy it anyway, due to it being superior. I've bought plenty of items where I've never seen a commercial of theirs.

Smart informed people can’t know about every good product in the market. Rational ignorance prevents that. Nobody said that people don’t buy products that aren’t marketed. What I said was that all marketing is not designed for stupid people. At least try to stay on point if you’re going to spout a bunch of horseshit.

Smart informed people can’t know about every good product in the market. Rational ignorance prevents that. Nobody said that people don’t buy products that aren’t marketed. What I said was that all marketing is not designed for stupid people. At least try to stay on point if you’re going to spout a bunch of horseshit.

That's why you research products.

That's why you research products.

It isn’t possible to research every product, there are too many of them. Maybe you research that term rational ignorance.

It’s also kinda hard to reseaarch a prodcut that you’ve never even heard of.

You really need to stop talking about things that you don’t know anything about.

It isn’t possible to research every product, there are too many of them. Maybe you research that term rational ignorance.

It’s also kinda hard to reseaarch a prodcut that you’ve never even heard of.

You really need to stop talking about things that you don’t know anything about.

Sure it is. When I want to buy a product, I immediately go on the interwebz and start researching said product. There is a ton of information out there that can help you make your decision. Your job is to sift through all that information and make an informed decision.

Sure it is. When I want to buy a product, I immediately go on the interwebz and start researching said product. There is a ton of information out there that can help you make your decision. Your job is to sift through all that information and make an informed decision.

No consumer can ever research every single product, and you might not even know that you want a product if you've never heard of it. How are you going to research something you've never even heard of? Marketing is essential for innovation so that people actually know what's coming out.

Nobody said that doing product research isn't a good thing. But research and good marketing are not mutually exclusive.

You obviously spend way too much time on the "interwebz." Why don't you go research some products instead of plaguing our board with your inane drivel.

No consumer can ever research every single product, and you might not even know that you want a product if you've never heard of it. How are you going to research something you've never even heard of? Marketing is essential for innovation so that people actually know what's coming out.

Nobody said that doing product research isn't a good thing. But research and good marketing are not mutually exclusive.

You obviously spend way too much time on the "interwebz." Why don't you go research some products instead of plaguing our board with your inane drivel.

A consumer doesn't have to research "every single product". A consumer only has to research the product they want to buy. Are you trying to tell us that advertising should "Trump" (LOL!) research?

A consumer doesn't have to research "every single product". A consumer only has to research the product they want to buy. Are you trying to tell us that advertising should "Trump" (LOL!) research?

Nothing I’ve said any of my posts has suggested that is what I’m saying.

Marketing informs consumers about what products are available so that they can research them more, if they choose to.

Saying that all marketing is designed for stupid people, is a spectacularly stupid statement.

I hope no one had any family members who were affected by the mass shooting in Virginia Beach. I feel for the people who did.

My mom texted me about it and a coworker of hers was affected by it.

Nothing I’ve said any of my posts has suggested that is what I’m saying.

Marketing informs consumers about what products are available so that they can research them more, if they choose to.

Saying that all marketing is designed for stupid people, is a spectacularly stupid statement.

I've already stated that "putting your product out there is a "reasonable end game for marketing". What else do you have?

I've already stated that "putting your product out there is a "reasonable end game for marketing". What else do you have?

Your original comment was that all marketing is designed for stupid people. If you’re not ready to walk that back then this conversation is pretty much over.

I hope no one had any family members who were affected by the mass shooting in Virginia Beach. I feel for the people who did.

My mom texted me about it and a coworker of hers was affected by it.

Hard to believe that this has become such a regular occurrence. Hopefully the folks in critical condition will recover. That’s about the only positive thing that can be hoped for in these situations

Your original comment was that all marketing is designed for stupid people. If you’re not ready to walk that back then this conversation is pretty much over.

And the uninformed. I feel that I've defended my position pretty well. It seems that you would rather depend on advertising as opposed to research when buying an item. I don't get that, but hey...you do you, buddy.

Would you like to place a wager on that?

Sorry, I don't have a store to lose.

There are definitely some issues with big tech right now, but I'm not sure anti-trust is the right way to go about fixing them. At some point the government is going to step in, and I don't trust them to fix the situation without causing irreparable damage to our liberties.

Sorry, I don't have a store to lose.

There are definitely some issues with big tech right now, but I'm not sure anti-trust is the right way to go about fixing them. At some point the government is going to step in, and I don't trust them to fix the situation without causing irreparable damage to our liberties.
I don't want a store, but I'm willing to put some money on it. If you don't want to put down some money, we could come up with something else. Maybe an avatar bet or temporary board ban.

And the uninformed. I feel that I've defended my position pretty well. It seems that you would rather depend on advertising as opposed to research when buying an item. I don't get that, but hey...you do you, buddy.

I’ve said repeatedly that researching a product is a good idea. Apparently you’re either not smart enough to comprehend my posts, or this is just how you like to argue.

Smart informed people like marketing too. It informs them about products that they can then go research. Lots of advertising is specifically designed for informed intelligent consumers because that’s who the target demographic is. It isn’t surprising that you wouldn’t be familiar with that concept.

I don't want a store, but I'm willing to put some money on it. If you don't want to put down some money, we could come up with something else. Maybe an avatar bet or temporary board ban.

That’s a safe bet. Our anti-trust laws are pretty much laughable nowadays. None of those companies are going anywhere. Some of them definitely should be regulated more stringently. But the people who think they will be broken up are usually the same quacks that are convinced that the social media companies are leading some kind of internet genocide against conservatives.

Reactions: tarheel0910
Lol trump is giving the presidential medal of freedom to a widely discredited economist who has made no significant contributions to the field.

But he did coauthor a book called “trumponomics.”

We’re basically living through a real life South Park episode at this point.

I’ve said repeatedly that researching a product is a good idea. Apparently you’re either not smart enough to comprehend my posts, or this is just how you like to argue.

Smart informed people like marketing too. It informs them about products that they can then go research. Lots of advertising is specifically designed for informed intelligent consumers because that’s who the target demographic is. It isn’t surprising that you wouldn’t be familiar with that concept.

Marketing is nothing but an attempt to manipulate you. If you know how good the product is, why do you need someone else to tell you how good it is? I'm not saying marketing is useless, it's obviously very useful. However, it's nothing more than a mechanism to manipulate your buying habits. No thanks.

Lol trump is giving the presidential medal of freedom to a widely discredited economist who has made no significant contributions to the field.

But he did coauthor a book called “trumponomics.”

We’re basically living through a real life South Park episode at this point.

Who did Trump give it to, and who has discredited him?

That’s a safe bet. Our anti-trust laws are pretty much laughable nowadays. None of those companies are going anywhere. Some of them definitely should be regulated more stringently. But the people who think they will be broken up are usually the same quacks that are convinced that the social media companies are leading some kind of internet genocide against conservatives.

It's obvious to anyone paying attention that conservative pundits are being targeted by social media. The issue is that companies like Facebook consider themselves a free speech platform for legal reasons, but they're acting like publishers. If they want to be a publisher then fine, but then they are responsible for anything posted on their platform. I don't have as much insight about the accusations against Google, but I refuse to use it. I use Duck Duck Go, as they don't bury or hide articles and they don't spy on me and sell my information to other corporations (this is one area where Obama was better than Trump has been).

Yep. Conservatives are really getting the shaft. That's why people like Jordan Peterson and Dave Rubin are raking in the cash on youtube, and leveraging it into speaking tours that are even more lucrative. Prager University ads are all over pretty much every social media platform...

The majority of the "pundits" who have been banned from social media are obnoxious edge lords that say stupid shit then whine when there's backlash. People like Sargon of Akaad and Milo are immature, arrogant shitposters that love getting themselves banned so that they can drum up a bunch of financial support on Patreon for basically doing nothing. Then a bunch of wannabe pseudo-intellectuals that think being conservative is some kind of counter-culture movement, eat that shit up and regurgitate it all over the internet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT