ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

You do realize the military confirmed the USS McCain deal was fact news?
I do realize that there are numerous sources that confirm the White House staff made specific statements to keep the ship out of sight... just in case it might set him off. The crybaby is easily triggered by adversaries, even dead ones, and inanimate objects named for them.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
"Molecules of Freedom is a go... oh, and make sure that the USS John McCain is not visible when the president is in Japan."

BTW, the word is that the ship was being repaired. That's why it was out of sight. I don't know if that is the truth, but it sounds feasible. I'm not sure what the big deal is either way.

I do realize that there are numerous sources that confirm the White House staff made specific statements to keep the ship out of sight... just in case it might set him off. The crybaby is easily triggered by adversaries, even dead ones, and inanimate objects named for them.

iu

You do realize the military confirmed the USS McCain deal was fact news?
The Navy denied it happened, however, they had to call it off, basically.
https://www.businessinsider.com/white-house-uss-john-mccain-name-before-trump-trip-2019-5

"Sailors reportedly began covering the ship's name with a tarp but were stopped after senior officials caught wind of what was happening. The tarp was removed by the time Trump arrived."

And, then there's more:

His staff knows him too well. His fragile ego is exactly what triggered his presidential candidacy to begin with. Obama dumbass remark was a domino effect.

The Navy denied it happened, however, they had to call it off, basically.
https://www.businessinsider.com/white-house-uss-john-mccain-name-before-trump-trip-2019-5

"Sailors reportedly began covering the ship's name with a tarp but were stopped after senior officials caught wind of what was happening. The tarp was removed by the time Trump arrived."

And, then there's more:

His staff knows him too well. His fragile ego is exactly what triggered his presidential candidacy to begin with. Obama dumbass remark was a domino effect.

What was Obama's remark?

Oh man that is perfect with the hindsight we now have. Way to stick your foot in your mouth, Barry.
Actions have consequences. Trump, easily, has one of the most fragile egos of any public figure of the 20th/21st Century.

Anderson Cooper did a recent extensive interview with Howard Stern, and there is an abundance of wisdom and knowledge of how Donald Trump works, his incentives to run for president, and he's someone who has known him for a long time and had a very unique relationship with him. It's the kind of relationship that you can believe the details of what is revealed about Trump. It's an awesome interview.

Stern's show was the source of my biggest exposure to Trump prior to his campaign. And, to see Trump as he really is, and was clearly displayed in his behavior on that show, prevented me from ever supporting him as a presidential candidate.

Last edited:
BTW, the word is that the ship was being repaired. That's why it was out of sight. I don't know if that is the truth, but it sounds feasible. I'm not sure what the big deal is either way.

Wait....u dont think its a big deal for the president to hide a ship from view cause its named after a dead political rival??!! Smfh

Reactions: uncboy10
Trump’s not worried about impeachment cause in his words “it wont hold up in court”. Lol. Now i’m no constitutional expert but even i know the courts have nothing to do with impeachment. This is the guy sworn to uphold the constitution?

Reactions: uncboy10
You just have TDS. If you didn't have TDS, then it wouldn't be a big deal.

That's the irony of TDS... it's actually a sort of through-the-looking-glass condition.

So many layers here. A level of pettiness, insecurity, and paranoia with trump that rises to mental illness plus his willingness to lie about it. What a shit show.

Obviously #metoo never goes after Democrats. They would never do something like running Al Franken out of Washington over a goofy picture. Because they only go after conservatives.

Oof.

If the roles were reversed and it was a dem hiding things that say Trump then you'd have posted 12 links, 14 dumb pictures, and 5 weird YouTube videos already about it.

Nah. I'm not even a Republican. I'm an independent. There are a lot of things the Dems do/say, that Reps scream about, that aren't a big deal to me. I worry more about the loss of liberty as opposed to how some blowhard politician acts. This Trump deal is just more TDS. People get angry just because it's Trump. I HATED John McCain, but I didn't harp on every single thing he said or did. I rip on him for being a warmonger.

Wait....u dont think its a big deal for the president to hide a ship from view cause its named after a dead political rival??!! Smfh

No. I wouldn't do it, but it doesn't bother me. War bothers me. Corporatism bothers me. People attacking the First and Second Amendment bothers me. Some random ship being hidden from view doesn't bother me.

You just have TDS. If you didn't have TDS, then it wouldn't be a big deal.

That's the irony of TDS... it's actually a sort of through-the-looking-glass condition.

You make fun, but there is some truth in your sarcasm. If this petty stuff bothers you, then you really do have TDS. The media just uses this garbage to keep you from talking about real issues.

No. I wouldn't do it, but it doesn't bother me. War bothers me. Corporatism bothers me. People attacking the First and Second Amendment bothers me. Some random ship being hidden from view doesn't bother me.

You know it isn't random dude, just stop.

No. I wouldn't do it, but it doesn't bother me. Some random ship being hidden from view doesn't bother me.
It doesn't bother people who aren't obsessed with themselves. That's the point. Trump's staff knows how easily-triggered he is and how much it will potentially bother HIM.

Pointing out the absurdities of the POTUS doesn't mean it "bothers" me.

You know it isn't random dude, just stop.

I'll give you a quick example. Remember a few months back when Ilhan Omar made that comment about Jewish lobbyists and was crucified for it? I thought the Reps were crazy for making such a big deal out of that comment. It wasn't anti-Semitic, it was just an observation.

It doesn't bother people who aren't obsessed with themselves. That's the point. Trump's staff knows how easily-triggered he is and how much it will potentially bother HIM.

Pointing out the absurdities of the POTUS doesn't mean it "bothers" me.

You're treating this like some big news story and it just isn't. Besides, the only difference between Trump and Obama is that Trump is open about things that bother him. Obama just had the media go after people. He was no different in that regard.

Last edited:
I'll give you a quick example. Remember a few months back when Ilhan Omar made that comment about Jewish lobbyists and was crucified for it? I thought the Reps were crazy for making such a big deal out of that comment. It wasn't anti-Semitic, it was just an observation.

No, I don't remember that because I don't care that much nor have close to the time to post/read/listen to the amount of political shit that you do.

Anyway, what does this have to do with the argument that this isn't a "Random ship" as you claim it to be?

No, I don't remember that because I don't care that much nor have close to the time to post/read/listen to the amount of political shit that you do.

Anyway, what does this have to do with the argument that this isn't a "Random ship" as you claim it to be?

What? Do you think I never criticize Trump on here? Because you would be wrong about that.

And BTW, it doesn't take long to read a few news articles. At least it doesn't take me very long.

What? Do you think I never criticize Trump on here? Because you would be wrong about that.

And BTW, it doesn't take long to read a few news articles. At least it doesn't take me very long.

A few? Dude, you link shit on here all freaking day.

I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about whether or not it was a random ship that was moved. I'm arguing it was not random, at all.

You're treating this like some big news story and it just isn't. Besides, the only difference between Trump and Obama is that Trump is open about things that bother him. Obama just had the media go after people. He was no different in that regard.
I'm treating it like it's a big news story? No... I'm not. I thought it was funny and exemplary of how easily-triggered Trump is, and has always been. It's not "big news" at all. Trump is not open about what bothers him. Trump is deceptive about virtually everything that can be considered a weakness of his. Obama has nothing to do with the chinks in Trump's armor.

A few? Dude, you link shit on here all freaking day.

I'm not talking about you. I'm talking about whether or not it was a random ship that was moved. I'm arguing it was not random, at all.

Ah, gotcha. That I don't know. I've read that the ship was having repairs done to it, but I wouldn't say that it came from a reliable source. It also wouldn't surprise me if Trump actually ordered it. The reality is that I just don't care.

As for posting news articles. I don't even do that every day, so that accusation is a little bit of a tall tale. Hell, there was a four or five day span last week where I didn't even post at all.

I'm treating it like it's a big news story? No... I'm not. I thought it was funny and exemplary of how easily-triggered Trump is, and has always been. It's not "big news" at all. Trump is not open about what bothers him. Trump is deceptive about virtually everything that can be considered a weakness of his. Obama has nothing to do with the chinks in Trump's armor.

Really? He seems pretty easy to read to me. I think part of his act is a shtick, and that he loves trolling people, but he's obviously a narcissist and a blowhard. That being said, how many politicians don't suffer from the same issues? At least Trump is entertaining.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
Really? He seems pretty easy to read to me. I think part of his act is a shtick, and that he loves trolling people, but he's obviously a narcissist and a blowhard. That being said, how many politicians don't suffer from the same issues? At least Trump is entertaining.
Just because he is easy to read doesn't mean that he is open about his weaknesses. He's absolutely not open about them. He's not self-aware at all. He never makes a mistake... just ask him. His narcissism is on a totally different level. He, and his die-hard base are entertaining for sure.

Just because he is easy to read doesn't mean that he is open about his weaknesses. He's absolutely not open about them. He's not self-aware at all. He never makes a mistake... just ask him. His narcissism is on a totally different level. He, and his die-hard base are entertaining for sure.

Honestly, he's probably on the spectrum. I was working a high school job back in the day, and had a severely autistic kid have a complete meltdown in the store because he couldn't get something he wanted. I don't know how it took me so long to recognize the similarity.

Honestly, he's probably on the spectrum. I was working a high school job back in the day, and had a severely autistic kid have a complete meltdown in the store because he couldn't get something he wanted. I don't know how it took me so long to recognize the similarity.

I've worked with people on the spectrum. He isn't on the spectrum.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT