ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

Sorry, if I had any actual material to go off I would have put forth a better effort. Your babbling lacked anything of value to really troll on.

If you want to hear what babble actually sounds like then just watch that press conference. Or go read trump’s twitter page.

The least surprising thing about this is all of the death threats that drove Mrs. Ford out of her own home. These are probably many of the same morons that harassed the parents of Sandy Hook victims and the owners of a random DC pizza shop.

The American right has become a total laughing stock. Led by the chief clown himself. The same party that impeached Clinton for a blowjob will now openly brag about electing an admitted sexual predator, and shaming a victim of sexual assault so they can put a rapist scumbag on the Supreme Court.

Confirmation bias is a helluva drug

The least surprising thing about this is all of the death threats that drove Mrs. Ford out of her own home. These are probably many of the same morons that harassed the parents of Sandy Hook victims and the owners of a random DC pizza shop.

The American right has become a total laughing stock. Led by the chief clown himself. The same party that impeached Clinton for a blowjob will now openly brag about electing an admitted sexual predator, and shaming a victim of sexual assault so they can put a rapist scumbag on the Supreme Court.

Confirmation bias is a helluva drug

I think you are a rapist.

Prove you aren’t.

The fact that President Trump is taking up so much space in your noggins is hilarious!!!! He has owned you libs every step of the way that you simply have to be getting tired of losing so much. It really is a shame that you guys hate America so much that it pisses you off this much that things in this country are getting so much better! But hey, if you want to support lying, deceitful, pathetic, anti-American politicians and policies, go ahead and keep supporting Clinton, Schumer, Waters, Pelosi, Lee etc....guess you guys just get off on losing!

Reactions: UNC71-00
What a find!!!!!
Saved me from typing it out.

But, since you quoted me:

Frankly, I don't care who the man tried to diddle when he was 18 or 21. It sounds like he lacked respect and discretion, but that's not uncommon. It doesn't affect most people... unless you plan on being a Supreme Court Judge!

However, this circus has provided a very necessary insight to how he cannot be trusted to be impartial, he's incapable of being objective. That was proven TODAY, not 35 years ago. And, if he did what he's being accused of, just own-up to it. You can be humble and apologetic and HONEST. He chose to deny it, and that denial is lying. And, the denial happened this week, not 35 years ago. Now, he's a liar in the present moment. I'd prefer that Supreme Court Judges not be public liars. We have (and have had) enough of those in the legislative and executive branch.

Frankly, I don't care who the man tried to diddle when he was 18 or 21. It sounds like he lacked respect and discretion, but that's not uncommon. It doesn't affect most people... unless you plan on being a Supreme Court Judge!

However, this circus has provided a very necessary insight to how he cannot be trusted to be impartial, he's incapable of being objective. That was proven TODAY, not 35 years ago. And, if he did what he's being accused of, just own-up to it. You can be humble and apologetic and HONEST. He chose to deny it, and that denial is lying. And, the denial happened this week, not 35 years ago. Now, he's a liar in the present moment. I'd prefer that Supreme Court Judges not be public liars. We have (and have had) enough of those in the legislative and executive branch.
Her own best friend denied knowing about it, and she said she was there. Good try

You don’t care? Sounds like ya care ..just a little bit.

You don’t care? Sounds like ya care ..just a little bit.
I care about his lack of objective perspective and his inability to leave his politics outside of the courtroom. Everyone should care about that. I care about who sits on the Supreme Court.

I should clarify about the not caring who he tried to diddle. I totally understand being 18 and wanting to have sex. But, that aspect of his consideration takes a back seat to his obvious lack of ability to be impartial. He's paying for what he did. He should be accountable for it. Everyone should be accountable for that. It just happened to reveal a very important flaw regarding his job, too!

ckkk.jpg

Kava-no-no was having an emotional breakdown on full display in front of a national audience, he acted, looked and sounded like an alcoholic, prolly the real reason he didn't want an FBI investigation that would have likely discovered he has a very serious drinking problem.

Is there a serious shortage of old-white-guy judges who managed to NOT sexually assault a woman in their adolescence and adulthood?

I care about his lack of objective perspective and his inability to leave his politics outside of the courtroom.

You’re going to have a tough time getting a nominee from a Republican president that isn’t a bit miffed with Democrats since they insist on dragging them all through the mud on their way in.

Reactions: prlyles
You’re going to have a tough time getting a nominee from a Republican president that isn’t a bit miffed with Democrats since they insist on dragging them all through the mud on their way in.
Well, I tend to believe that it's even worse than that. Look at what our culture has devolved into- citizens taking pleasure in the misery of their own fellow citizens. It's embarrassing. It's rampant in our society and our government.

Trump is not a Republican president. He has no allegiance to that party. He has no allegiance to this country, from what I can see, except to whatever extent the conditions and circumstances in-play might apply to him and his own personal well being. He has allegiance to one thing- Donald Trump! If anything, he's hijacking that party and redefining "conservatism" in the process. It's coming to mean "fvck people over and brag about it... OR, play the victim when people call you out for being an asshole!" Trump is, and always has been, all about himself, period. What's sad is how Republicans accommodate this guy. They're taking their orders from a self-obsessed asshole. He's not a leader at all. He's not diplomatic, or a statesman, or even polite. He's just a selfish prick. If that appeals to them, fine. It's abundantly clear that the rest of the world sees him for what he is, too. They laughed at him at the UNSC. And, rightfully so... he's totally unaware of his own ridiculousness. They mock him, and he believes they're laughing with him. He's totally detached from reality.

Now, with regard to confirming judges; Look at how the previous president was treated by the opposing party. It was 8 years of non-stop hatred and suspicion. It was unprecedented... until now. I'm not a fan of Obama, never was. But, I can see how he was treated and the motivation for "give them a taste of their own medicine" every 4-8 years. This time, you've got PT Barnum-on-steroids, who never wanted the job, only wanted revenge, and got it, pretending he knows what he's doing. The Democrats are going to be extra critical of his choices, and who can objectively blame them? And, with his own history toward women, he'd better vet any nominee extremely well. If he's partial to guys who have similar life experiences, then, no, he won't get many confirmations if they find out about their indiscretions.

Reactions: HEELS1984
I care about his lack of objective perspective and his inability to leave his politics outside of the courtroom. Everyone should care about that. I care about who sits on the Supreme Court.
I haven't been following this too close, so can you point me to his rulings that show he can't leave politics outside of the courtroom?

I haven't been following this too close, so can you point me to his rulings that show he can't leave politics outside of the courtroom?

He's taken political views on almost every ruling and dissenting opinion he's ever written.

He's cited the dissenting opinion in the original ruling of Roe v Wade multiple times, clearly indicating that he would like that ruling to be overturned by the SC.

He argued that Obamacare mandating the coverage of birth control violated religious liberties.

He's written a dissenting opinion against a ruling that banning semi-automatic assault rifles is not a violation of the 2nd amendment.

He wrote a dissenting opinion on the authority of Tom Perez to issue labor standards in a case of issued regulations against Sea World.

He's written dissenting opinions that call into question the separation of powers, specifically regarding regulatory agencies who make appointments that cannot be removed by the president.

He dissented in a case against Exxon mobile for human rights violations.

He wrote a 2016 opinion saying employers can require workers to waive their right to picket in arbitration agreements.

He's written multiple decisions and opinions for restricting the EPA's right to issue climate regulations, such as clean air standards.

He ruled that the consumer financial protection bureau was unconstitutional. That was eventually overturned.

He has refused to promise to recuse himself in any federal case involving the president who would be responsible for his appointment. Which is a clear conflict of interests, especially considering the fact that Supreme Court justices CAN be impeached. And the likelihood of that happening would be dramatically increased if Trump's administration were delegitimized by a federal investigation and prosecution.

Independent legal analysis has concluded that he holds extraordinary views on presidential power and presidential immunity from subpoena and prosecution. During the hearings, one law professor pointed out that he has gone out of his way on numerous occasions to write politicized dissenting opinions, and make politicized rulings in an attempt to establish a body of precedent to support politicized legal objectives. Dissenting opinions can be cited in future cases where stare decisis could be jeopardized. Those dissenting opinions are often a better reflection of his views than his rulings, which he is usually on a panel of multiple judges since he is a federal judge.

"I am not sure that all legal scholars refer to [Roe v. Wade] as the settled law of the land at the Supreme Court level since Court can always overrule its precedent, and three current Justices on the Court would do so." - Brett Kavanaugh

TL,DR: He's a typical right wing originalist. And a trump loyalist.

Or maybe its because they refused to hold hearings until the next president came into office, effectively stealing a Supreme Court seat?

Reactions: HEELS1984
Look at what our culture has devolved into- citizens taking pleasure in the misery of their own fellow citizens.

True. And I’ll admit that I’m the biggest culprit of this. The main reason I wanted to see Trump elected was to watch those who always got their way to see what it’s like from the other side for once. I watched with glee on election night as the crowd under the glass ceiling slowly realized their white knight was about to get crushed. Those pictures of her supporters bawling their eyes out uncontrollably were in the spankbank for weeks.

Schadenfreude at its finest. And I love it.

He's taken political views on almost every ruling and dissenting opinion he's ever written.

He's cited the dissenting opinion in the original ruling of Roe v Wade multiple times, clearly indicating that he would like that ruling to be overturned by the SC.

He argued that Obamacare mandating the coverage of birth control violated religious liberties.

He's written a dissenting opinion against a ruling that banning semi-automatic assault rifles is not a violation of the 2nd amendment.

He wrote a dissenting opinion on the authority of Tom Perez to issue labor standards in a case of issued regulations against Sea World.

He's written dissenting opinions that call into question the separation of powers, specifically regarding regulatory agencies who make appointments that cannot be removed by the president.

He dissented in a case against Exxon mobile for human rights violations.

He wrote a 2016 opinion saying employers can require workers to waive their right to picket in arbitration agreements.

He's written multiple decisions and opinions for restricting the EPA's right to issue climate regulations, such as clean air standards.

He ruled that the consumer financial protection bureau was unconstitutional. That was eventually overturned.

He has refused to promise to recuse himself in any federal case involving the president who would be responsible for his appointment. Which is a clear conflict of interests, especially considering the fact that Supreme Court justices CAN be impeached. And the likelihood of that happening would be dramatically increased if Trump's administration were delegitimized by a federal investigation and prosecution.

Independent legal analysis has concluded that he holds extraordinary views on presidential power and presidential immunity from subpoena and prosecution. During the hearings, one law professor pointed out that he has gone out of his way on numerous occasions to write politicized dissenting opinions, and make politicized rulings in an attempt to establish a body of precedent to support politicized legal objectives. Dissenting opinions can be cited in future cases where stare decisis could be jeopardized. Those dissenting opinions are often a better reflection of his views than his rulings, which he is usually on a panel of multiple judges since he is a federal judge.

"I am not sure that all legal scholars refer to [Roe v. Wade] as the settled law of the land at the Supreme Court level since Court can always overrule its precedent, and three current Justices on the Court would do so." - Brett Kavanaugh

TL,DR: He's a typical right wing originalist. And a trump loyalist.
I see a lot of rulings you disagree with. Can you point me to the case where his rulings aren't supported by facts and/or the arguments made by the attorneys? Just because you disagree with the ruling doesn't mean it's political. There were experts on both sides saying he was more than qualified for the job based on his past rulings.

True. And I’ll admit that I’m the biggest culprit of this. The main reason I wanted to see Trump elected was to watch those who always got their way to see what it’s like from the other side for once. I watched with glee on election night as the crowd under the glass ceiling slowly realized their white knight was about to get crushed. Those pictures of her supporters bawling their eyes out uncontrollably were in the spankbank for weeks.

Schadenfreude at its finest. And I love it.
Then don't complain about Democrats making it tough for any Republican president to get a justice confirmed.

Reactions: gteeitup
ADVERTISEMENT