ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

This ad hominem attack never gets tiresome. I LOVE that some of you people have to resort to this method.
source.gif

Reactions: NoleSoup4U

I was talking with the COO of my company the other day about this, because neither one of us has seen a spike in pricing due to these tariffs. This has to do with the fact that you just can't jack up your prices in a competitive market. Cavuto is also only looking at the perceived bad side of tariffs while ignoring the good side. That's probably because he couldn't even care a little bit about the working class person in this country.

Edit: He also needs to learn the difference between elastic and inelastic.

Last edited:
I was talking with the COO of my company the other day about this, because neither one of us has seen a spike in pricing due to these tariffs. This has to do with the fact that you just can't jack up your prices in a competitive market. Cavuto is also only looking at the perceived bad side of tariffs while ignoring the good side. That's probably because he couldn't even care a little bit about the working class person in this country.

Are you saying all these companies who are paying these tariffs are taking the loss?

Well, that settles it. If neither you, or your COO have noticed anything, then it must be a globalist lie.

Well, that settles it. If neither you, or your COO have noticed anything, then it must be a globalist lie.

Have you noticed a spike in pricing? Probably not because what we buy from the Chinese are elastic goods, which means that you won't see a price spike because people would just stop buying them. China buys one of the most inelastic goods in the world from us...food. You can't do without it. It's necessary to survive. That's just one reason why China holds no power over us when it comes to a trade war.

Have you noticed a spike in pricing? Probably not because what we buy from the Chinese are elastic goods, which means that you won't see a price spike because people would just stop buying them. China buys one of the most inelastic goods in the world from us...food. You can't do without it. It's necessary to survive. That's just one reason why China holds no power over us when it comes to a trade war.
Have I, personally, noticed an increase? No! Do you have any idea how impossibly stupid it would be to base the status on my personal experience? I represent probably .0001 percent of the population!

You've convinced me. This is just a globalist plot to brainwash the masses into believing that they're paying more than they really are paying.
https://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-tariffs-consumer-price-effect-20190514-story.html

Have I, personally, noticed an increase? No! Do you have any idea how impossibly stupid it would be to base the status on my personal experience? I represent probably .0001 percent of the population!

You've convinced me. This is just a globalist plot to brainwash the masses into believing that they're paying more than they really are paying.
https://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-tariffs-consumer-price-effect-20190514-story.html

Did you even read that article?

I like how when China imposes tariffs on our farmer, you put the cost on the supply side, but when we put tariffs on Chinese goods you put the cost on the demand side. You realize that you can't have it both ways, right?

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010

I like how when China imposes tariffs on our farmer, you put the cost on the supply side, but when we put tariffs on Chinese goods you put the cost on the demand side. You realize that you can't have it both ways, right?
Is that what I did? Did I do all of that? Oopsee-daisy!

This post makes no sense at all. Careful, you’re going stupid again.

Is that what I did? Did I do all of that? Oopsee-daisy!

Yes, yes you did. That's why your argument doesn't make much sense. You're flipping the script depending on what side of the argument you talk about. To you, the tariffs of both countries are mainly hurting US businesses. There's no consistency to this argument.

Yes, yes you did. That's why your argument doesn't make much sense. You're flipping the script depending on what side of the argument you talk about. To you, the tariffs of both countries are mainly hurting US businesses. There's no consistency to this argument.
The globalists lost this one! SCORE!

How does it not make sense? You guys are claiming that US tariffs on China are mainly hurting US businesses. Then you claim that Chinese tariffs on the US...are mainly hurting US businesses. How can that be?
You can’t see how both can be true? Maybe tariffs are bad, period...

Juuuust maybe.
You can’t see how both can be true? Maybe tariffs are bad, period...

This country had tariffs for a couple hundred years and it didn't seem to hurt anything. It's actually a great way to raise tax revenue, and it's much more ethical than the Income Tax. However, that isn't what is being discussed. Until you two can explain why your argument contradicts itself, you're going to be stuck with a very poor argument.

Reactions: Archer2
This country had tariffs for a couple hundred years and it didn't seem to hurt anything. It's actually a great way to raise tax revenue, and it's much more ethical than the Income Tax. However, that isn't what is being discussed. Until you two can explain why your argument contradicts itself, you're going to be stuck with a very poor argument.
I never meant to imply that tariffs are ALWAYS BAD. I'm not even denying that the Chinese are taking advantage of the situation as best they can. Why wouldn't they? I'm simply saying that the way Trump is trying to combat this is not going to end well. You're convinced that the opposite is true because you worship the man. That's fine. Time will tell.

I never meant to imply that tariffs are ALWAYS BAD. I'm not even denying that the Chinese are taking advantage of the situation as best they can. Why wouldn't they? I'm simply saying that the way Trump is trying to combat this is not going to end well. You're convinced that the opposite is true because you worship the man. That's fine. Time will tell.

I don't honestly know how this is all going to go down. What I do know is that it's going to be much harsher for the Chinese the longer this plays out. They are way more dependent on us than we are on them. Hell, we could move shop to Taiwan and they would be done. Taiwan would LOVE to help us out there.

How would I know that? You didn't put it into your hypothetical situation. If you want me to comment "specifically" on a hypothetical situation, you have to be, in fact, specific. This isn't high school, guy. Virtually enunciate your hypothetical.

Again, you are being intentionally obtuse. Then add in your own ad hominem which you will probably claim was not. Then you want a detailed situation when the question is very basic. Even if I do detail the situation you will ask for more details eventually hoping that I will give up and you can feel like you "won". Your London murder rates example was lame. Admit it and move on.

18 or more dead in El Paso, at Wal-Mart. And, the perps were not using knives, apparently.

patrick-crusius.jpg

Again, you are being intentionally obtuse. Then add in your own ad hominem which you will probably claim was not. Then you want a detailed situation when the question is very basic. Even if I do detail the situation you will ask for more details eventually hoping that I will give up and you can feel like you "won". Your London murder rates example was lame. Admit it and move on.

1) Where specifically was the ad hominem?
2) How can a high murder rate be "lame"?

China has been using high tariffs on our goods for decades, all to their advantage. We’re finally pushing back a little and IMO, it’s long overdue. It will hurt some in the short term but benefit us long term. Thanks to Trump, our economy is in much better shape to weather a trade war than their economy is.

If the Dems hadn’t tried to block everything Trump has attempted to do, I believe we would already have reached a trade agreement with China. Now China is most likely going to wait until after our election next year, praying(much like Russia), that Trump doesn’t win re-election. If he does, I think we’ll see a trade agreement fairly soon afterward. If he doesn’t, China will have no reason to change their unfair policies.

BTW, Trump has proposed zero tariffs. You don’t put any tariffs on our goods and we won’t put any on yours. But China doesn’t want a level playing field.

And another 9 dead in Dayton in the 4th mass shooting in the last week. That’s 34 dead total.

I f-ing knew you guys didn’t do enough Ts & Ps last time and you see what happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoleSoup4U
And another 9 dead in Dayton in the 4th mass shooting in the last week. That’s 34 dead total.

I f-ing knew you guys didn’t do enough Ts & Ps last time and you see what happened.
If Texas only had tougher gun laws... like California.

It is mathematically impossible for tariffs to not create a dead weight loss. And the state of our economy has virtually nothing to do with trump. The economy was in a bull run before he ever took office. The idea that trump is some economic genius that is taking care of America is completely false. Tariffs create a dead weight loss and transfer consumer surplus to producer surplus. This is basic economics.

China has been using high tariffs on our goods for decades, all to their advantage. We’re finally pushing back a little and IMO, it’s long overdue. It will hurt some in the short term but benefit us long term. Thanks to Trump, our economy is in much better shape to weather a trade war than their economy is.

If the Dems hadn’t tried to block everything Trump has attempted to do, I believe we would already have reached a trade agreement with China. Now China is most likely going to wait until after our election next year, praying(much like Russia), that Trump doesn’t win re-election. If he does, I think we’ll see a trade agreement fairly soon afterward. If he doesn’t, China will have no reason to change their unfair policies.

BTW, Trump has proposed zero tariffs. You don’t put any tariffs on our goods and we won’t put any on yours. But China doesn’t want a level playing field.
Keep drinking the kool aid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT