ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

and you (like most liberals / anti Trumpers) continue to underestimate Trump's influence on GOP voters. he was / is the perfect candidate at the perfect time. he will walk the dog again in 2020 and after 2 terms go down as one of the most effective and popular President's of all time (and yes, i know he's an arrogant prick much of the time).
You wouldn’t know a real conservative if they walked up to you and slapped you on the head.

Just as a reminder, though, you've already named the stakes: $100 and Trump* must win at least 305 Electoral College votes, one more than he won in 2016.

Yes, I proposed those stakes. Do you accept the wager?

Yes, I proposed those stakes. Do you accept the wager?
You know, I don't usually cave to peer pressure, especially when those peers are such schmucks as you, '92, poopslingerdick, and ol' sissy britches himself, Raising Heel. This once, however, I will entertain you. Yes, I accept the wager.

You know, I don't usually cave to peer pressure, especially when those peers are such schmucks as you, '92, poopslingerdick, and ol' sissy britches himself, Raising Heel. This once, however, I will entertain you. Yes, I accept the wager.
th

Excellent. And how will you be handling payment? Venmo or Paypal? And in the most unlikely event that I lose, how would you like to be paid?

Also, you can start working as @prlyles's apprentice if you wish to prepay this. He needs help with the little trashcan that is in the ladies room that the women use for disposing of their feminine products.

Reactions: UNC '92
Excellent. And how will you be handling payment? Venmo or Paypal? And in the most unlikely event that I lose, how would you like to be paid?
I'm not worried about losing but, God forbid, if that happens I will pay however you wish. I can even drop a crisp $100 bill in an envelope and drop it off at the post office on my way out of the country.

Once Trump* flames out I would appreciate you donating the money to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. It's tax deductible.
https://www.stjude.org/donate/thanks-and-giving.html?sc_icid=home-btn-donate-now

@UNC71-00 would probably forego his winnings if you promised to stay out of the country. And even if he wouldn't let you off the hook, I'll pay your tab if you don't come back.
You'll likely find this hard to believe, poop, as insular as you seem to be, but the Internet is available in other countries and every continent on the planet. Face it, you'll never get rid of me.

@Heels Noir By my reckoning you have 45 weeks until you are to be parted with $100 as well as confirming to everyone here that you are once again a loser. I can't do anything about the loser part but I am feeling sympathetic and a bit guilty that it was so easy to goad you into an obviously terrible wager.

Given the fact that I am an honorable and decent man who doesn't particularly relish in taking advantage of the less fortunate like yourself, I will let you buy out of the bet now for $55. This offer is good until Sunday at 12:01am, when it goes up to $56. That offer will be good for a week, and then it goes to $57 buyout. Rinse and repeat for the next 43 weeks.

I can help you save some money but only you can save yourself. Take the buyout now and you will be able to mitigate 10+ months of pain and embarrassment. Your ego is not your friend here.

@Heels Noir By my reckoning you have 45 weeks until you are to be parted with $100 as well as confirming to everyone here that you are once again a loser. I can't do anything about the loser part but I am feeling sympathetic and a bit guilty that it was so easy to goad you into an obviously terrible wager.

Given the fact that I am an honorable and decent man who doesn't particularly relish in taking advantage of the less fortunate like yourself, I will let you buy out of the bet now for $55. This offer is good until Sunday at 12:01am, when it goes up to $56. That offer will be good for a week, and then it goes to $57 buyout. Rinse and repeat for the next 43 weeks.

I can help you save some money but only you can save yourself. Take the buyout now and you will be able to mitigate 10+ months of pain and embarrassment. Your ego is not your friend here.
No way, Blabbersnot. A deal is a deal and you're not backing out now. By the way, it's 44 weeks from yesterday until the election, not 45, so your math is all screwed up anyway. Go figure.

No way, Blabbersnot. A deal is a deal and you're not backing out now. By the way, it's 44 weeks from yesterday until the election, not 45, so your math is all screwed up anyway. Go figure.

that’s why I double counted this week, you rube.

@prlyles can he work as your apprentice? He’s gonna need the money. Fortunately he’s as stubborn as you, so you two should get on splendidly.

Reactions: UNC '92
No way, Blabbersnot. A deal is a deal and you're not backing out now. By the way, it's 44 weeks from yesterday until the election, not 45, so your bout making math is all screwed up anyway. Go figure.
Don’t paid any attention to him. He’s worried about making payments on that double wide.

Reactions: UNC71-00
What @prlyles is not telling you is @UNC71-00 is paying for that double-wide to keep @prlyles from sleeping at the store. It was a very nice, heartfelt gesture and an upgrade from the old, leaky single-wide @prlyles was forced to abandon.

I would kick his ungrateful ass out but don't want to be accused of elder abuse. Maybe @prlyles can just move in with @Heels Noir ? There has to be room in Noir's mom's basement, right?

Trump just called down the rockets on one of the worst terrorists ever and I can’t wait to read here from the resident libs about how this was a bad move.

Trump just called down the rockets on one of the worst terrorists ever and I can’t wait to read here from the resident libs about how this was a bad move.

I always try to see both sides to politics and I actually get both sides on this one.

On one end, an awful human being who hated America and was coordinating attacks on America is dead. That's great.

On the other end, Trump apparently went pretty rogue on this one and didn't take into account on how this impacts the rest of the region outside of Iran. Iraq has already condemned us killing an Iranian general on their soil, France has condemned the strike, and right now the market is absolutely tanking because investors are concerned that Iran will once again strike oil fields in retaliation.

My overall feeling is I don't trust Trump at all when it comes to this stuff. I don't trust the people he listens to, when he actually does listen to them. He has zero experience and knows nothing about the extremely complex relationship between the US and the Middle East.

If we go to war, he'd be one of the last people I'd want making decisions or deciding who makes decisions.

Reactions: uncboy10
The Dow, S&P500, and Nasdaq are down 0.76%, 0.78%, and 0.84% respectively as of this poast. That's in no way "absolutely tanking".

Dude the markets have been open for an hour...but if that's all you took out of that whole statement then good luck man.

On the other end, Trump apparently went pretty rogue on this one and didn't take into account on how this impacts the rest of the region outside of Iran. Iraq has already condemned us killing an Iranian general on their soil, France has condemned the strike, and right now the market is absolutely tanking because investors are concerned that Iran will once again strike oil fields in retaliation.
Well shit. If France doesn't like it then you know we screwed up. I'm not buying Iraq's reaction though. Not much collateral damage from a bomb means they had a heads up.

Well shit. If France doesn't like it then you know we screwed up. I'm not buying Iraq's reaction though. Not much collateral damage from a bomb means they had a heads up.

As I said, I see both sides.

I'm very curious to see the intel they can release on how real this "imminent" attack was that Soleimani was planning. If it's real - then shit, take his ass out and deal with any repercussions later.

Russia just released a statement condemning it, if France wasn't not-pussy enough for you.

I'm very curious to see the intel they can release on how real this "imminent" attack was that Soleimani was planning. If it's real - then shit, take his ass out and deal with any repercussions later.

Russia just released a statement condemning it, if France wasn't not-pussy enough for you.
No, no, no! DJT is a Russian pawn. Don’t you listen to the news

Russia condemning it is shocking to me. Hell, next you'll be telling me that China and NK are upset.

So you think it's nothing that we killed the man 2nd in command in the entire country of Iran? Interesting.
Where did I say that? I'm saying it's nothing that Russia is upset about it. They will condemn anything we do. We should never consider what they think about this type of thing. If the guy was killing Americans, then take him out. Iran shouldn't make that decision for us.

Where did I say that? I'm saying it's nothing that Russia is upset about it. They will condemn anything we do. We should never consider what they think about this type of thing. If the guy was killing Americans, then take him out. Iran shouldn't make that decision for us.

You'll get no argument from me there, that's obvious.

My concern is that Trump overreacted to some bad intel (wouldn't be out of character at all) and that we just killed an extremely important person to an extremely important country in an extremely important region.

Every person with knowledge about Iran has commented that they will retaliate. Was the death worth the retaliation? We'll see.

Dude the markets have been open for an hour...but if that's all you took out of that whole statement then good luck man.

That's not all I took from that statement. I agreed with a lot of the rest of it. But when you say "the markets are absolutely tanking" when they in fact, are not, I felt the need to mention that in fact, that is not the case at all.

And you made that statement when the markets had been open for even less time that when I poasted, so congrats on playing yourself?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT