ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

Yeah to them, they decided that they'd rather have the stain on his record and take the chance that this just unites the Republican party to a landslide in 2020. To them, it's personal with Trump.

Maybe they realize all their 2020 candidates suck and won't win anyway so this is their "win" against Trump. Actually nah, they're not that smart.

now i gotta watch carolina basketball...dafuq

Reactions: heelmanwilm
Yesterday the evangelical Christian magazine Christianity Today published an article bashing Donald Trump* and his flawed and unethical behavior as our President.

Trump(*) Should Be Removed from Office
"The president of the United States attempted to use his political power to coerce a foreign leader to harass and discredit one of the president’s political opponents. That is not only a violation of the Constitution; more importantly, it is profoundly immoral.

"The reason many are not shocked about this is that this president has dumbed down the idea of morality in his administration. He has hired and fired a number of people who are now convicted criminals. He himself has admitted to immoral actions in business and his relationship with women, about which he remains proud. His Twitter feed alone—with its habitual string of mischaracterizations, lies, and slanders—is a near perfect example of a human being who is morally lost and confused."

So not only has Trump* appeased such evil and murderous leaders as Vladimir Putin, Kim Jong-un, and Recep Tayyip Erdogan; and not only has Trump* insulted and angered the Democrats, Mexicans and other South Americans, Muslims, African Americans, etc., etc.; but now Trump* has gone and pissed off Jesus. And just before his birthday!

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2019/december-web-only/trump-should-be-removed-from-office.html

Yesterday the evangelical Christian magazine Christianity Today published an article bashing Donald Trump* and his flawed and unethical behavior as our President.

"The president of the United States attempted to use his political power to coerce a foreign leader to harass and discredit one of the president’s political opponents. That is not only a violation of the Constitution; more importantly, it is profoundly immoral.

"The reason many are not shocked about this is that this president has dumbed down the idea of morality in his administration. He has hired and fired a number of people who are now convicted criminals. He himself has admitted to immoral actions in business and his relationship with women, about which he remains proud. His Twitter feed alone—with its habitual string of mischaracterizations, lies, and slanders—is a near perfect example of a human being who is morally lost and confused."

So not only has Trump* appeased such evil and murderous leaders as Vladimir Putin, Kim Jong-un, and Recep Tayyip Erdogan; and not only has Trump* insulted and angered the Democrats, Mexicans and other South Americans, Muslims, African Americans, etc., etc.; but now Trump* has gone and pissed off Jesus. And just before his birthday!

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2019/december-web-only/trump-should-be-removed-from-office.html

This is not a small deal. CT.com is the 7,000th largest site in the United States and one of the top 5 news sites geared specifically toward Christians.

This is not a small deal. CT.com is the 7,000th largest site in the United States and one of the top 5 news sites geared specifically toward Christians.
Never heard of them before yesterday. Not sure how big of a deal it is though. Christians were already aware of his actions before the election and I don't see them voting for Biden/Sanders/Warren. Plus, we are assuming that they actually disagree with the president. That's not necessarily the case. Their biggest concerns tend to be abortion and freedom of religion. Trump is in line with those views or at least he pretends to be.

Never heard of them before yesterday. Not sure how big of a deal it is though. Christians were already aware of his actions before the election and I don't see them voting for Biden/Sanders/Warren. Plus, we are assuming that they actually disagree with the president. That's not necessarily the case. Their biggest concerns tend to be abortion and freedom of religion. Trump is in line with those views or at least he pretends to be.
Exhibit 1: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...oes-not-speak-for-most-evangelical-christians

Exhibit 2: https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2019/dec/20/franklin-graham-slams-christianity-today-my-father/

Speaking of Jesus during this sacred season, here's more pushback against one of Trump's* overly zealous disciples:

Georgia Representative Barry Loudermilk: When Jesus was falsely accused of treason, Pontius Pilate gave Jesus the opportunity to face his accusers. During that sham trial, Pontius Pilate afforded more rights to Jesus than the Democrats have afforded this president in this process.

Jesuit priest James Martin, S.J.: Pilate had Jesus beaten and whipped, thrown into jail overnight, marched through the streets carrying his cross, and then nailed to that cross until he died. Comparing the treatment received by the President to what Jesus suffered is absurd. Also, only one of them is sinless.

They may claim those are their concerns but they never learn that you can’t have freedom of religion without freedom FROM religion.

Reactions: Heels Noir
Yep. Trump will win overwhelmingly with the evangelical crowd in 2020.
For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.
- Romans 16:18

His mouth is full of cursing and deceit and fraud: under his tongue is mischief and vanity.
- Psalm 10:7

I hear what you’re saying Reverend, but nonetheless, he’ll win that demo by a landslide in 2020.

Obviously. But if a site that has 1.2M unique visitors per month denounces him I could see him losing a few points on the evangelicals. If the election is tight, it could matter in NC, FL, VA.

Evangelicals are backwards, bible thumping, science denying rubes, until they find one that hates DJT. Hypocrite much?

For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.
- Romans 16:18

His mouth is full of cursing and deceit and fraud: under his tongue is mischief and vanity.
- Psalm 10:7

wait wait ... are we voting for a PASTOR to lead the country or a PRESIDENT ??

Reactions: Heelicious
the christian org denounces trump, yet will show up in droves to vote for him.

as a Christian i've never denounced him as PRESIDENT ... he's a POS dirt bag but i already have a Pastor - not looking for another one. i can very easily separate his personality (sometimes awful) from his ability to do his job (mostly wonderful).

the dude who wrote that is retiring next month and has spoken out against Trump more than once ... yawwwwwwn. he's trying (and received) his 15 minutes of fame before he hits the links 4 days a week.

as a Christian i've never denounced him as PRESIDENT ... he's a POS dirt bag but i already have a Pastor - not looking for another one. i can very easily separate his personality (sometimes awful) from his ability to do his job (mostly wonderful).
What has Trump delivered on that any of the other GOP’s 2016 candidates would not have gotten done also?

Obviously. But if a site that has 1.2M unique visitors per month denounces him I could see him losing a few points on the evangelicals. If the election is tight, it could matter in NC, FL, VA.
You make the mistake of assuming they care or that they won't continue to rationalize it. The magazine didn't uncover anything new. If evangelicals didn't already care, they still won't.

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/475455-evangelical-trump-supporters-bash-christianity-today-for-calling-for?amp#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s

You make the mistake of assuming they care or that they won't continue to rationalize it. The magazine didn't uncover anything new. If evangelicals didn't already care, they still won't.

https://thehill.com/homenews/news/475455-evangelical-trump-supporters-bash-christianity-today-for-calling-for?amp#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From %1$s

Again, you showing me that most evangelicals still support him no matter what the article isn’t something I’m debating.

I’m telling you it could cost him a few of them and in a tight election it matters.

Again, you showing me that most evangelicals still support him no matter what the article isn’t something I’m debating.
Neither am I.

I’m telling you it could cost him a few of them and in a tight election it matters
This is what I'm debating. I don't think any evangelical is going to change their mind based on this. They already knew everything about Trump and chose to rationalize it because he was going to help them with their main goals, or at least they believed he would. That magazine is going to be trashed by evangelical leaders and publications and evangelicals will agree with those people. That magazine hurt themselves, not Trump.

You're pretty funny. You accuse dadika of assuming too much and yet you assert more assumptions here than anyone, and worse, you convey them all as the truth.
Really? I'd like to see the score board showing that I actually do it the most. We'll address the rest of your post after that. TIA.

Neither am I.

This is what I'm debating. I don't think any evangelical is going to change their mind based on this. They already knew everything about Trump and chose to rationalize it because he was going to help them with their main goals, or at least they believed he would. That magazine is going to be trashed by evangelical leaders and publications and evangelicals will agree with those people. That magazine hurt themselves, not Trump.

We disagree there. 1.2M uniques is a very real following and I’d bet a subset of them are loyal to their coverage and the opinions of their writers.

So of those 1.2M, let’s say 90% aren’t influenced. But what if 120,000 are? Trump won Michigan by 11,000 votes. Wisconsin by like 20,000.

What I’m saying is if starts losing any of the evangelical vote, even if it’s 120,000 votes, it matters.

Thanks but I don’t really need you sticking up for me in a debate with @tarheel0910, him and I can disagree on something like civil human beings and move on.
That was just his way of attacking me. He's upset that I've embarrassed him a couple of times on the board, so he goes at me every now and then. He's just not very good at it. It's fun to watch him try though.

That was just his way of attacking me. He's upset that I've embarrassed him a couple of times on the board, so he goes at me every now and then. He's just not very good at it. It's fun to watch him try though.
I'm not attacking you. This is all fun and games so don't be so thin-skinned. And if you ever do embarrass me, I'll be sure to let you know.

IMO all the others would have beaten her in the popular vote as well as the electoral vote.
That's definitely an opinion. None of the other GOP candidates could have ever come close to galvanizing the support base like Trump. He has authored a cultural movement... for good or bad. Make no mistake, he is the consummate bullshit artist who is only thinking of himself. But, he knows how to play to his audience and keep them eating right out of his hand. He's as good as any preacher

IMO all the others would have beaten her in the popular vote as well as the electoral vote.
Maybe the electoral vote, but I'm not sure a republican will ever win the popular vote again. There are just too many people living in big cities and too many big cities in democratic strongholds.

Reactions: bleeduncblue
The election is almost a full year away and Michael Bloomberg is just beginning to dig his heels in.

Here are the facts, a bit understated: Bloomberg is a better businessman than Trump* could ever hope to be. He is more successful and has more honesty and integrity than Trump*. His fortune was earned, not handed to him by his old man and grandmother. He is also a legitimate politician and leader of people unlike the ranting douchebag that Donald Trump* has become since taking office.

Bloomberg-Klobuchar

how am I just now seeing this? See if @prlyles can lend you some money to place a wager- he’s been working lots of overtime recently.

just to make it interesting, I will bet that Trump wins even more EC votes in 2020 than he did in 2016. You got the nuts to back up your yapping? Or are you just full of shit yet again?

We disagree there. 1.2M uniques is a very real following and I’d bet a subset of them are loyal to their coverage and the opinions of their writers.

So of those 1.2M, let’s say 90% aren’t influenced. But what if 120,000 are? Trump won Michigan by 11,000 votes. Wisconsin by like 20,000.

What I’m saying is if starts losing any of the evangelical vote, even if it’s 120,000 votes, it matters.

And it doesn't have to be that those 120K vote Democratic, just staying home on election day could matter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT