ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

Kewl beans
source.gif.cf.gif

Reactions: strummingram
White democrats love them some Mayor Pete. Iowa is like 91% white.

Unless something changes, he'll get destroyed in the bible belt and in states where there are black people.

White democrats love them some Mayor Pete. Iowa is like 91% white.

Unless something changes, he'll get destroyed in the bible belt and in states where there are black people.
I'm not sure why people still care about Iowa. He has absolutely no chance of winning, which has been a theme for Iowa. Minor candidates get a lot of attention that ends with them dropping out a few weeks later.

Reactions: dadika13
I'm not sure why people still care about Iowa. He has absolutely no chance of winning, which has been a theme for Iowa. Minor candidates get a lot of attention that ends with them dropping out a few weeks later.

Yeah - I agree that Iowa means nothing except that it goes first.

But it's got an oddly good % of primary winners recently on the dem side. 55% historically but it's got a winning streak the basketball team would be jealous of in Hillary in 2016, Obama in 2008, Kerry in 2004, and Gore in 2000.

how thick will trump lay it on about how close we were to ww3 with iran?...sets up perfectly for his war during election, but a war avoided is so money.

Reactions: Heels Noir
Judges? WRONG

I said the DNC's hatred of Bernie tells me he is the best candidate. Maybe the Iowa shenanigans are really just an app screwing up. Maybe this is 2016 part 2. Either way its the DNC not wanting him to get the nomination that makes me like him even more, regardless of any app or situation in Iowa.

Honestly didn't think that would be a controversial statement here considering that nobody here likes the DNC, including the few liberals that actually post here.

Oh no she din’t!!!

Pelosi tearing up trumps speech is hilarious. God u know hes pissed as hell. His supporters are certainly in melt down mode. Cant wait to see his response. Should be the trumpiest thing ever. This reminds me of when my kids were young and they fought over toys.

Reactions: Heels Noir
Oh no she din’t!!!

Pelosi tearing up trumps speech is hilarious. God u know hes pissed as hell. His supporters are certainly in melt down mode. Cant wait to see his response. Should be the trumpiest thing ever. This reminds me of when my kids were young and they fought over toys.
When did she tear it up? I didn't watch. I'm kind of tired of all the BS from both sides, so I passed on watching.

I'm just seeing it on Twitter this morning - I watched for 10 minutes then forgot it was just lame clapping every 15 seconds so I watched PSU/MSU.

Yeah I'm curious when did she tear it up also. I saw her like try to do a late handshake when he arrived but he didn't see it and people say he snubbed her.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
I'm just seeing it on Twitter this morning - I watched for 10 minutes then forgot it was just lame clapping every 15 seconds so I watched PSU/MSU.

Yeah I'm curious when did she tear it up also. I saw her like try to do a late handshake when he arrived but he didn't see it and people say he snubbed her.
She started tearing it during his last line of the speech. She was mumbling the entire speech, pretty sure she was drunk.

“Bad look” pretty much sums up the state of us politics presently
Agreed, but why would you do something like that on TV? What does she have to gain from doing that besides looking like a child? It doesn't really make much sense. Maybe I'm missing something.

ETA: The SOTU should be somewhere that you at least pretend to be civil and follow decorum. That's kind of gone out the window with that idiot shouting at Obama, Obama talking crap about the supreme court right in front of them and now this. Grow the f up.

Right, but why would you do something like that on TV? What does she have to gain from doing that besides looking like a child? It doesn't really make much sense. Maybe I'm missing something.

My first thought when I saw it was just that, you look like a spoiled kid who is mad that they didn't get their way.

The fact that it's not a bigger story, at least in the things I look at in the morning, is a pretty big indicator that the right just thinks she's a joke. Big win for them by not even making a big deal about it and basically saying she's meaningless.

Honestly, I thought she was tearing up a copy of the constitution. She is just as big a putz as trump. 12 year old temper tantrum bush league move. I didnt catch all of it, but seems the biggest thing the mediators commented on was his given Rush that commendation. From what I could tell, he was mellow and smooth.

And gimme a bit on proving the total votes ever cast for Trump. I’m gawking at a hot Italian waitress at the moment.
You're on vacation in Italy but spending your time poasting on this message board AND researching vote counts?! While at dinner? You must be traveling alone, Blabbersnot.

ETA: The SOTU should be somewhere that you at least pretend to be civil and follow decorum. That's kind of gone out the window with that idiot shouting at Obama, Obama talking crap about the supreme court right in front of them and now this.
Don't forget about Republicans last night chanting "four more years" as if they were at a Trump rally. Utterly stupid.

agree...just pathetic, both sides.

the medal of freedom to limbaugh is also as pathetic as the one to cosby.
Yeah, that was pretty weird, especially during the speech. Isn't that something they normally have a separate event for? I'm guessing Trump did it just to piss off democrats, which is stupid. That award is supposed to be a big honor. I would say just give it to non controversial people, but in today's world everyone is controversial. Maybe just end the idea of giving it out altogether. I'm sure that will offend someone though.

Reactions: gteeitup
Yeah, that was pretty weird, especially during the speech. Isn't that something they normally have a separate event for? I'm guessing Trump did it just to piss off democrats, which is stupid. That award is supposed to be a big honor. I would say just give it to non controversial people, but in today's world everyone is controversial. Maybe just end the idea of giving it out altogether. I'm sure that will offend someone though.

Someone compared this SOTU to Clinton's when he was in the middle of his impeachment. Clinton choose to give it to Rosa Parks and she (obviously) got a standing ovation from the entire room. Smart, safe choice that everyone respected the hell out of.

Someone compared this SOTU to Clinton's when he was in the middle of his impeachment. Clinton choose to give it to Rosa Parks and she (obviously) got a standing ovation from the entire room. Smart, safe choice that everyone respected the hell out of.
Would have been even better if the Outkast song started playing when Clinton did that.

honest question, are we currently in the top 5 of times when the country has been the most divided?

power rank your divides, if you will.

honest question, are we currently in the top 5 of times when the country has been the most divided?

power rank your divides, if you will.

I mean...nothing, absolutely nothing, will ever compare to 1850-1880. So is that one time period? Do we break it into pre Civil War, during Civil War, and Reconstruction. If so, those are easily my top 3.

Another that comes to mind is the 1960's just in general. Race, family values, counterculture vs. the rise of conservatism, Cold War.

But yeah - this would probably be my #5.

I mean...nothing, absolutely nothing, will ever compare to 1850-1880. So is that one time period? Do we break it into pre Civil War, during Civil War, and Reconstruction. If so, those are easily my top 3.

Another that comes to mind is the 1960's just in general. Race, family values, counterculture vs. the rise of conservatism, Cold War.

you can definitely group 1850-1880 as a period, probably my civil war time period...but yes, that’s the idea.

fox news did a bit from a breakfast spot in carthage nc this morning and they interviewed people for quick takes on the sotu...one lady said when referring to trump; “he deserves a red cape attached to his shoulders and a big s on his chest.”

Are we including Indians in this question? If so, I would think they would feel there was a time period in the top five for them. Maybe sometime around the trail of tears. I don't think we are as divided as the media makes it out to be right now though. Your average person has no problem with others. It's the fringe using social media and the media trying to get clicks that are making the most noise. Turn off the news and stay away from social media and all of a sudden you see that the country is close to normal.

fox news did a bit from a breakfast spot in carthage nc this morning and they interviewed people for quick takes on the sotu...one lady said when referring to trump; “he deserves a red cape attached to his shoulders and a big s on his chest.”

Just doing some reading today and talking to coworkers who are liberals (basically all of them #nyc), they are all pretty unified in saying Pelosi acting like a spoiled brat last night and it's a terrible look for the party. Mind you, I wouldn't consider these coworkers to be the crazy liberals saying Trump is a Nazi...just normal, moderate leaning libs.

I also think, and know other more moderate conservatives who also think, that the SOTU shouldn't be a campaign rally. The chants and the "everything we have done is the best and everything prior was the worst" was just too much.

So yeah - I think most moderates thought last night sucked all around.

Reactions: Heelicious
Are we including Indians in this question? If so, I would think they would feel there was a time period in the top five for them. Maybe sometime around the trail of tears.

Man, if we're including NATIVE AMERICANS (ya racist) in this - then jesus, everything from Andrew Jackson through like...now? And for black people, it's like everything from 1776-1980? It makes my brain hurt to think about it in those terms so I didn't.

I don't think we are as divided as the media makes it out to be right now though. Your average person has no problem with others. It's the fringe using social media and the media trying to get clicks that are making the most noise. Turn off the news and stay away from social media and all of a sudden you see that the country is close to normal.

Agreed. If they had social media in the 60s you'd think the world was literally ending.

No, I voted for Bill Clinton. I didn't vote for Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump. But I will vote for Trump in the next election.

I've never, in my 66 years, seen an American political party try to fix a Presidential Election like the Dems did in 2016. When that didn't succeed, they immediately stage a three year campaign to stage a coup and remove a duly elected POTUS. I will never forgive them for that. Never.

No, I voted for Bill Clinton. I didn't vote for Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump. But I will vote for Trump in the next election.

I've never, in my 66 years, seen an American political party try to fix a Presidential Election like the Dems did in 2016. When that didn't succeed, they immediately stage a three year campaign to stage a coup and remove a duly elected POTUS. I will never forgive them for that. Never.
I'll bite. How did the dems try to fix the election?

Reactions: dadika13
I thought the Pelosi stunt was actually kind of funny (albeit childish). But that's because I also find a lot of the childish things Trump does to be kind of funny. If you liked the Pelosi move, but blast Trump for being childish, then you're a hypocritical POS.

Trump and Pelosi might be my two least favorite people in all of Washington.

Rush Limbaugh spent years downplaying the health risks of smoking. When he said he wanted an award for being a smoker, I doubt lung cancer was what he had in mind.

are you sure?...about all of this?

are you grabbing a maga hat now or are we finally great?

No surprise, Trump acquitted. Romney was the only one to cross the aisle and vote guilty on one of the two counts.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT