ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

The Gulf of Mexico is part of the Atlantic Ocean. It is a Sea of the Atlantic.

Yea and the states that border it are called “gulf coast states”. Not “atlantic coast states” like trump obviously thought ala was.

“In addition to Florida - South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama, will most likely be hit (much) harder than anticipated. Looking like one of the largest hurricanes ever. Already category 5. BE CAREFUL! GOD BLESS EVERYONE!!”

Yea and the states that border it are called “gulf coast states”. Not “atlantic coast states” like trump obviously thought ala was.

“In addition to Florida - South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, and Alabama, will most likely be hit (much) harder than anticipated. Looking like one of the largest hurricanes ever. Already category 5. BE CAREFUL! GOD BLESS EVERYONE!!”
Did it bother you this much when Obama said 57 states or When Biden forgets which state he is in?

Reactions: Archer2
Trump is an unpopular, impeached president who constantly puts his foot in his mouth.

That would true if it weren't almost entirely wrong. The only part you got right was the impeachment thing and that works to his benefit, not against it.

That would true if it weren't almost entirely wrong. The only part you got right was the impeachment thing and that works to his benefit, not against it.

Let's see..

Trump is an unpopular, impeached president

- He's not popular (https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/) (https://apnews.com/0b7f7762f0bdd749242ccb7a952a4e4d)

*AP and 538 both rank as some of the most unbiased sources on the web.

- He's been impeached.
- He is a President.

All 3 things here are factually accurate.

who constantly puts his foot in his mouth.

This is probably the only thing you can actually have rational disagreement with because I'm sure you don't think he does this. This is a matter of how you feel about what Trump says. So sure, here's 1 you could argue with.

It should be an easy win

This is an opinion by 0910 but I'll bet you agree with this opinion so you aren't using this as an example of him being wrong.

So he said 5 things...3 of which are facts, 1 is an opinion that you agree with, and 1 thing you can argue is wrong.

So how is it "almost entirely wrong?"

Let's see..

- He's not popular (https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/trump-approval-ratings/) (https://apnews.com/0b7f7762f0bdd749242ccb7a952a4e4d)

*AP and 538 both rank as some of the most unbiased sources on the web.

- He's been impeached.
- He is a President.

All 3 things here are factually accurate.

This is probably the only thing you can actually have rational disagreement with because I'm sure you don't think he does this. This is a matter of how you feel about what Trump says. So sure, here's 1 you could argue with.

This is an opinion by 0910 but I'll bet you agree with this opinion so you aren't using this as an example of him being wrong.

So he said 5 things...3 of which are facts, 1 is an opinion that you agree with, and 1 thing you can argue is wrong.

So how is it "almost entirely wrong?"

AP and 538 are not even remotely unbiased and they are usually wrong. Use sources which track relative to previous admins. He’s also extremely popular with pubs and, relatively speaking, minorities. How many times are you gullible people going to fall for polls

no one cares a whit about impeachment other that a bunch of crazed libs. Middle of the road libs certainly don’t care.

ETA: did you see that Trump had the highest ever recorded turnout in the Iowa caucuses? Apparently someone forgot to tell Iowa how unpopular he is.

When are you guys going to quit believing the bullshit and start looking at what is instead of what you want?

Last edited:
How many times are you gullible people going to fall for polls
poll: a questioning or canvassing of persons selected at random or by quota to obtain information or opinions to be analyzed
He’s also extremely popular with pubs and, relatively speaking, minorities.
no one cares a whit about impeachment other that a bunch of crazed libs. Middle of the road libs certainly don’t care.
ETA: did you see that Trump had the highest ever recorded turnout in the Iowa caucuses?

Reactions: tarheel0910
You can't make this stuff up, in regards to the disaster that is the Iowa caucus. I knew the DNC didn't want Sanders to win, but to throw the whole election to Trump on the first day is a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them, lol.
qa29GS2.gif

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
AP and 538 are not even remotely unbiased and they are usually wrong. Use sources which track relative to previous admins. He’s also extremely popular with pubs and, relatively speaking, minorities. How many times are you gullible people going to fall for polls
On the day of the 2016 elections, most polls were predicting a landslide victory by "Edmund" Hillary Clinton. Most polls today are intentionally biased and meant to influence elections, not predict them. Polls today are to be taken with a huge grain of salt.

poll: a questioning or canvassing of persons selected at random or by quota to obtain information or opinions to be analyzed

those bottom 3 aren’t based on polls but rather my intuition. You are welcome to bet against it if you like.

ETA; and polls have a lot to do with weighting, which is ultimately based on assumption/intuition. Polls are not raw numbers.

but you know this.

On the day of the 2016 elections, most polls were predicting a landslide victory by "Edmund" Hillary Clinton. Most polls today are intentionally biased and meant to influence elections, not predict them. Polls today are to be taken with a huge grain of salt.

The reason the polls (every poll, even those from media outlets that have a right bias) had Hillary winning big was because a lot of people in exit polls didn’t want to admit they voted for Trump. They interviewed a ton of people after the election and they admitted they lied about voting for Trump. It skewed everything.

But someone calling the AP bias is just not correct.

Ok. But sites that comb hundreds of thousands of their articles in an effort to find bias say there is minimal to no bias. So unless you’ve done that research I’ll take their word for it.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/associated-press/
That's certainly your prerogative. Personally, I trust almost nothing the press is involved with. They have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are agenda driven and unreliable.

That's certainly your prerogative. Personally, I trust almost nothing the press is involved with. They have proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are agenda driven and unreliable.

It isn’t a prerogative. It’s called doing extensive research to formulate a well-founded, accurate assessment. That’s what that site does. What you do is give an opinion based on your own bias.

Again, the former way to do things is correct. This isn’t opinion.

Anything it takes to screw Bernie out of the nomination. The fact that the DNC hates him this much is really just proof that he’s the best candidate.

You gotta be on about 90 different drugs if you think the AP isn’t biased.

It isn’t a prerogative. It’s called doing extensive research to formulate a well-founded, accurate assessment. That’s what that site does. What you do is give an opinion based on your own bias.

Again, the former way to do things is correct. This isn’t opinion.
Dont get offended. I said it was your prerogative to believe whatever you deem to be true, as it’s mine to do likewise.

You gotta be on about 90 different drugs if you think the AP isn’t biased.

Again...am I gonna believe the site that scours hundreds of thousands of articles on the AP or the guy who thinks Donald Trump is the spawn of Ronald Regan, Jefferson Davis, and Jesus Christ?

I'm gonna go with the guys that do the research. Just me though.

Again...am I gonna believe the site that scours hundreds of thousands of articles on the AP or the guy who thinks Donald Trump is the spawn of Ronald Regan, Jefferson Davis, and Jesus Christ?

I'm gonna go with the guys that do the research. Just me though.
Look who’s bias is blatantly showing now. Again, believe whoever or whatever you will.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT