ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

You two are perfect examples of why Democrats keep losing national elections. You're too busy having tantrums because the candidate you like isn't going to win. You're completely missing the point.

To paraphrase the internet meme, You Have One Job. That job is to defeat Trump in November. That's it. Policy differences don't matter. Personalities don't matter. None of it matters.

Talk junk about Republicans if you'd like. Despite their diminishing demographic and often repugnant policies, they know how to circle the wagons. Everyone on that side of the house gets in line because they know that's how they win. They don't waste their time and energy on inane posturing that fragments rather than consolidates their power.

Or, you could quit acting like a pussy, show up at the polls, and vote for whoever has the best chance at defeating Trump. Will your ego let you do that? Or would you rather spend the next four years crying "Look how principled I am!" while bitching about the consequences of forfeiting your vote? There's no award for martyrs, you know.
Good advice

If he picks Kamala Harris, I'm going to vote for Trump out of spite.

That woman laughed about incarcerating people for marijuana while openly admitting that she had indulged in it.

like the majority of the people in this country, literally, she has evolved with her stance on weed...at some point people will have to find parts of policy they align with because clearly no candidates check everyone’s boxes.

like the majority of the people in this country, literally, she has evolved with her stance on weed...at some point people will have to find parts of policy they align with because clearly no candidates check everyone’s boxes.
Clearly. When she was confronted with what she had done, she had the opportunity to say that "I have evolved from that and I regret having put people in jail for doing what I knew I was guilty of doing." If she does that, then I'll change my attitude toward her, or at least consider it.

Reactions: gteeitup
Clearly. When she was confronted with what she had done, she had the opportunity to say that "I have evolved from that and I regret having put people in jail for doing what I knew I was guilty of doing." If she does that, then I'll change my attitude toward her, or at least consider it.

fair...but because this was like ten years ago, and she has since said and shown(her campaign page last year) that she has changed, do you believe she’ll even be asked about it?...or will she be asked about what’s at the forefront of most american’s minds?

for me, i want to decriminalize it, so my question to her would be “how can we legitimately profit from it?” or “how does decriminalizing marijuana set you apart from your opponents policy?”

does that make sense?...use the issue she has evolved from and contrast it with the other side.

eta: just to be clear, i’m not endorsing her...just think she would be a logical choice for biden.

fair...but because this was like ten years ago, and she has since said and shown(her campaign page last year) that she has changed, do you believe she’ll even be asked about it?...or will she be asked about what’s at the forefront of most american’s minds?

for me, i want to decriminalize it, so my question to her would be “how can we legitimately profit from it?” or “how does decriminalizing marijuana set you apart from your opponents policy?”

does that make sense?...use the issue she has evolved from and contrast it with the other side.

eta: just to be clear, i’m not endorsing her...just think she would be a logical choice for biden.
From some of the debate clips I saw on the Joe Rogan Experience, where Tulsi Gabbard was confronting her about it, specifically; She never denies what she did, she deflects.

Watch from where Biden responds to Harris's attack on Joe, and then Gabbard really exposes her... up it's about a 6 minute viewing time from where I queued it up.

Reactions: gteeitup
One of the biggest regrets of my entire LIFE was voting for a Democrat in 2016. A wasted vote, and a blow to my conscience that can never be removed.
OMG, not your conscience! Are you okay?!

Your shtick is so tiresome and predictable. You love to choose losing causes. That way, you can sit on your high horse pretending you're better than everybody else because at least it isn't "your guy" who said or did something regrettable. That narcissism plays out over and over again every time you chime in on political discussions.

Truth is, you don't actually have any real convictions. You're a fraud and a coward.

Your shtick is so tiresome and predictable. You love to choose losing causes. That way, you can sit on your high horse pretending you're better than everybody else because at least it isn't "your guy" who said or did something regrettable. That narcissism plays out over and over again every time you chime in on political discussions.

Truth is, you don't actually have any real convictions. You're a fraud and a coward.
If my shtick is tiresome and predictable, then that should work out great for you. You get to beat me and call me out as a fraud and coward and make yourself look even better.

Me choosing losing causes is cowardly? Okay, I'm a coward. I'll even be a fraud for you.

But, I do take issue with you accusing me of having no convictions. That's absolutely not true.

ETA:

Yes, my conscience. It's something I value a great deal.

From some of the debate clips I saw on the Joe Rogan Experience, where Tulsi Gabbard was confronting her about it, specifically; She never denies what she did, she deflects.

Watch from where Biden responds to Harris's attack on Joe, and then Gabbard really exposes her... up it's about a 6 minute viewing time from where I queued it up.

that’s pretty good...it’s also another biden incident, sheesh.

One of the biggest regrets of my entire LIFE was voting for a Democrat in 2016. A wasted vote, and a blow to my conscience that can never be removed

In 2016 I had to vote for anyone that could keep Trump out of office and I certainly have no problem with my conscience doing so. After the last 3 years I feel I did the right thing.

You two are perfect examples of why Democrats keep losing national elections. You're too busy having tantrums because the candidate you like isn't going to win. You're completely missing the point.

To paraphrase the internet meme, You Have One Job. That job is to defeat Trump in November. That's it. Policy differences don't matter. Personalities don't matter. None of it matters.

Talk junk about Republicans if you'd like. Despite their diminishing demographic and often repugnant policies, they know how to circle the wagons. Everyone on that side of the house gets in line because they know that's how they win. They don't waste their time and energy on inane posturing that fragments rather than consolidates their power.

Or, you could quit acting like a pussy, show up at the polls, and vote for whoever has the best chance at defeating Trump. Will your ego let you do that? Or would you rather spend the next four years crying "Look how principled I am!" while bitching about the consequences of forfeiting your vote? There's no award for martyrs, you know.
For someone who refrains from political threads, you certainly have been rocking the mic lately. May get my vote for mayor again.

I never made a comment about whether or not I would vote for the eventual nominee. I just don’t think warren is a real progressive. Not sure how that’s a tantrum or acting like a pussy.

There are plenty of reasons why democrats keep losing national elections. I’m pretty sure that two independents posting on a UNC message board has nothing to do with it. It’s also funny how this “vote blue no matter who” shit only gets thrown at Bernie supporters while moderate democrats openly brag about how they’d stay home if Bernie was the nominee. Some consistency would be nice.

In 2016 I had to vote for anyone that could keep Trump out of office and I certainly have no problem with my conscience doing so. After the last 3 years I feel I did the right thing.
Just to be clear; You didn't "have to" do anything. Your vote in November 2016 didn't even count, unless you're an elector/delegate for the State of NC. We don't elect the president... the Electoral College elects the president.

From what I can tell, unless you live in one of the swing states, it's not really worth the effort.

I made a huge mistake, personally, in 2016. Voting for someone I don't truly support, out of fear of another candidate I might believe is worse, isn't something I normally do. That's a crappy motivation. And, in the end, it made no difference anyway because SC will vote conservative until there's no longer a SC. I should have cast my vote, like I always do (in true cowardly fashion) for who I thought was the best candidate for the job- Gary Johnson. I know I would have been a coward and a fraud for voting my conscience. But, at least by doing that, I also prove to the world that I have no convictions.

It’s also funny how this “vote blue no matter who” shit only gets thrown at Bernie supporters while moderate democrats openly brag about how they’d stay home if Bernie was the nominee. Some consistency would be nice.
I can’t speak for other moderates, but I decided long ago that I would vote for the Democratic nominee no matter who it was. That’s how strongly I feel about the incumbent’s attacks on our democratic norms and institutions. Two things are clear after yesterday. One, a lot of voters feel the same way I do based on the increased turnouts. Two, those same voters think Biden, despite being an imperfect candidate, is a safe choice who doesn’t need some grand movement or a cult of personality to get the job done.

I can’t speak for other moderates, but I decided long ago that I would vote for the Democratic nominee no matter who it was. That’s how strongly I feel about the incumbent’s attacks on our democratic norms and institutions. Two things are clear after yesterday. One, a lot of voters feel the same way I do based on the increased turnouts. Two, those same voters think Biden, despite being an imperfect candidate, is a safe choice who doesn’t need some grand movement or a cult of personality to get the job done.

We obviously share those feelings about trump. And I will hold my nose and vote for Biden if he is the nominee. But I also think it’s fair to ask moderates to do the same if Bernie finds a way to get the nomination.

We obviously disagree about Bernie and that’s fine. We’re on the same page about getting trump out of office.

On another note... Kamala Harris would be a horrible pick for VP.

I'm probably going to regret asking this, but which attacked norms and institutions are you referring to?

Speaking of attacking norms and institutions, here's the highest ranked Democrat in the US threatening Supreme Court Justices. It was so bad that the Chief Justice had to call him out with a public statement.

Why do Democrats get a pass when doing this?

Chief Justice of the United States John Roberts on Wednesday issued a highly unusual and forceful rebuke to Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., calling his seemingly threatening remarks directed at Associated Justices Neal Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh "irresponsible" and dangerous."

"This morning, Senator Schumer spoke at a rally in front of the Supreme Court while a case was being argued inside," Roberts said in an extraordinary written statement, obtained by Fox News. "Senator Schumer referred to two Members of the Court by name and said he wanted to tell them that 'You have released the whirlwind, and you will pay the price. You will not know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions.'"

Roberts continued: "Justices know that criticism comes with the territory, but threatening statements of this sort from the highest levels of government are not only inappropriate, they are dangerous. All Members of the Court will continue to do their job, without fear or favor, from whatever quarter."

READ ROBERTS' STATEMENT

Hours earlier, at a pro-choice rally hosted by the Center for Reproductive Rights, Schumer ominously singled out President Trump's two Supreme Court picks.

"I want to tell you, Gorsuch. I want to tell you, Kavanaugh. You have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price!" Schumer warned. "You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ch...-calling-comments-kavanaugh-gorsuch-dangerous

Speaking of attacking norms and institutions, here's the highest ranked Democrat in the US threatening Supreme Court Justices. It was so bad that the Chief Justice had to call him out with a public statement.

Why do Democrats get a pass when doing this?

Chief Justice of the United States John Roberts on Wednesday issued a highly unusual and forceful rebuke to Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., calling his seemingly threatening remarks directed at Associated Justices Neal Gorsuch and Brett Kavanaugh "irresponsible" and dangerous."

"This morning, Senator Schumer spoke at a rally in front of the Supreme Court while a case was being argued inside," Roberts said in an extraordinary written statement, obtained by Fox News. "Senator Schumer referred to two Members of the Court by name and said he wanted to tell them that 'You have released the whirlwind, and you will pay the price. You will not know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions.'"

Roberts continued: "Justices know that criticism comes with the territory, but threatening statements of this sort from the highest levels of government are not only inappropriate, they are dangerous. All Members of the Court will continue to do their job, without fear or favor, from whatever quarter."

READ ROBERTS' STATEMENT

Hours earlier, at a pro-choice rally hosted by the Center for Reproductive Rights, Schumer ominously singled out President Trump's two Supreme Court picks.

"I want to tell you, Gorsuch. I want to tell you, Kavanaugh. You have released the whirlwind and you will pay the price!" Schumer warned. "You won’t know what hit you if you go forward with these awful decisions."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ch...-calling-comments-kavanaugh-gorsuch-dangerous
Sounds like Schumer is channeling his inner FDR.

cc: @dadika13

I realize I'm in the minority, but doubt I'm the only one that voted for Biden in the primary and have no intention of voting for him in the general.

I can't speak to the exact same situation as you, but with cancer issues that I have knowledge of, it would have been a lot faster than that. Also, you didn't just spend $60-$90. You paid in taxes and treatment time. Treatment time is more valuable than anything when it comes to cancer.

Yeah well - we all pay taxes (well those of us with jobs). I just get health care with mine.

I really don't understand why most of Bernie's followers think he's some truthful beacon of hope. Either the guy is lying by not telling everyone they will be losing money because of all of his plans, or he's too dumb to understand how this works. That isn't very hopeful. Personally, I don't think he is dumb, so that just means he's a lying POS, otherwise known as a politician.

Speaking for Tri-State area UNC Fans:

The views, thoughts, and opinions expressed by Chuck Schumer belong solely to Mr. Schumer and do not represent the viewpoints of any resident of this area.

(he's nuts)

Sure. But his views are in line with a lot of Democrats. If you are a Democrat, how do you dismiss the fact that a significant portion of Democrats aren't one bit concerned about Schumer and his comments?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT