ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

Melania's Chief of Staff just resigned because of the protests. Whatever she does, I have no idea.

Blowhard pussies are giving up their sideshow act now that it's getting close to bedtime:

They fire up the base and act like they're "going to fight", until they realize words have consequence. Or did Rand Paul just get the memo that the election actually wasn't stolen and there is zero fraud?
That's good news. Unprecedented attack on the US Capitol, at least one dead person, multiple arrests and an attempted coup... I'm sure it was worth Ted's speech. I hope Arizona is pleased with their representative.

Trump teases these people with the idea that they can still get the outcome they want, to get them riled-up and then code-talks, and Rudy comes right out with "Trial by combat."

As @heelmanwilm said earlier, I hope all of this behavior casts as much shame as possible on the entire Trump legacy and presence in American politics, including any and all support he ever had.

Reactions: blazers
Would you vote for Trump again, right now, if the election were held tomorrow?

After seeing everything you have seen... do you STILL support him?
I still support the ideals i voted for when i cast my vote. Nothing on the face of the earth could get me to vote for hillary or biden. If he has come unhinged, then that is on him. But it doesnt change my stance. I told you guys back when he was elected, that he broke the mold for what a politician could be. We will see what happens over the next.few years now that the libs control the majority of government. Lets all see how much they change things to prevent any threat from ever rising again. That also.means any thrid party chance from rising.

Also, i voted for him this go around. Why do you think that would change?

Why do you think that would change?
I just wondered if there was any limit to your allegiance to the man-- since his behavior has been shown to be totally unhinged, erratic, totally selfish, irrational and downright dangerous-- instead of allegiance to the country and the constitution. After today, I would hope his behavior would get some supporters to say "Okay, now he's gone too far." Obviously not.

She wasn't a rioter. I assume she worked in the Capitol. She was apparently shot by the police and has been pronounced dead.
Think she was a protestor. She was wearing combat boots and in the middle of the mob. Trump cape as well.

I still support the ideals i voted for when i cast my vote. Nothing on the face of the earth could get me to vote for hillary or biden. If he has come unhinged, then that is on him. But it doesnt change my stance. I told you guys back when he was elected, that he broke the mold for what a politician could be. We will see what happens over the next.few years now that the libs control the majority of government. Lets all see how much they change things to prevent any threat from ever rising again. That also.means any thrid party chance from rising.

Also, i voted for him this go around. Why do you think that would change?
Today's actions have strengthen that mold. American's won't trust an "outsider" to be given this much power ever again. He's accomplished the exact opposite of what you wanted him to do.

Today's actions have strengthen that mold. American's won't trust an "outsider" to be given this much power ever again. He's accomplished the exact opposite of what you wanted him to do.

Wait wait, you’re telling me we shouldn’t elect reality TV stars in future Presidential elections?

• Haha
Reactions: tarheel0910
I just wondered if there was any limit to your allegiance to the man-- since his behavior has been shown to be totally unhinged, erratic, totally selfish, irrational and downright dangerous-- instead of allegiance to the country and the constitution. After today, I would hope his behavior would get some supporters to say "Okay, now he's gone too far." Obviously not.
I have no allegiance to the man. Read what i said above. The ideals is what drove me. I was screwed royally when the economy collapsed. I watched 8 years of lib ideas sho ed down my throat. I get at least 4 more now. Have i ever told you i hate lib ideals. I sure didnt see the outrage when cities where burning. Why should i get upset now?

I have no allegiance to the man. Read what i said above. The ideals is what drove me. I was screwed royally when the economy collapsed. I watched 8 years of lib ideas sho ed down my throat. I get at least 4 more now. Have i ever told you i hate lib ideals. I sure didnt see the outrage when cities where burning. Why should i get upset now?
The "ideals" weren't on the ballot. I don't even know what "ideals" you're talking about.

I highly doubt that. The ideals he presented run deep with many people. Just for the record, i dont agree with storming the capitol. I dont agree with him inflamming the situation. But again, what do you expect. We have witnessed a whole class of people who destroy when they want something. Trump has always been the boogeyman to anything that is similar to a liberal. Always will be.

Reactions: chickenhunter
Trump deserves indictment, trial and punishment. He definitely needs to be censured since his cabinet will not invoke the 25th Amendment. He's screamed "Fire" in a crowded movie theater one time too many. I have never been this disgusted with a politician in my life.

Yes they were. I am anti lib. Draining the swamp appeals to.me
Ahhh... "anti lib." That's so specific and articulate. Be more specific. I want to know.

"Draining the swamp"... what the hell is that? Trump set up shop with people who were born in the damned swamp.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
Trump deserves indictment, trial and punishment. He definitely needs to be censured since his cabinet will not invoke the 25th Amendment. He's screamed "Fire" in a crowded movie theater one time too many. I have never been this disgusted with a politician in my life.
With only two weeks left, I think the best thing to do would be to completely ignore him. Cut off his phone, internet and access to the press. He wants the attention that the 25th and censure would bring. Don't give it to him.

I sure as hell wouldn't want to be Joe Biden!!! I cannot even begin to imagine the task that is in front of him!

With only two weeks left, I think the best thing to do would be to completely ignore him. Cut off his phone, internet and access to the press. He wants the attention that the 25th and censure would bring. Don't give it to him.
Good point. But... he's still the president. You can't really ignore him.

Ahhh... "anti lib." That's so specific and articulate. Be more specific. I want to know.

"Draining the swamp"... what the hell is that? Trump set up shop with people who were born in the damned swamp.

Dude he’s saying buzz words. Trump supporter bullshit. No actual plan - just empty rhetoric.

Reactions: TarHeelMark
I highly doubt that. The ideals he presented run deep with many people. Just for the record, i dont agree with storming the capitol. I dont agree with him inflamming the situation. But again, what do you expect. We have witnessed a whole class of people who destroy when they want something. Trump has always been the boogeyman to anything that is similar to a liberal. Always will be.
What ideals? He didn't bring anything new to the table other than his personality and background. None of his "solutions" were new ideas.

Reactions: strummingram
Dude he’s saying buzz words. Trump supporter bullshit. No actual plan - just empty rhetoric.
I wanna give him a chance. I want to at least try to understand. What is so threatening? What is so bad that you abandon your own prosperity and embrace chaos?

What ideals? He didn't bring anything new to the table other than his personality and background. None of his "solutions" were new ideas.
He just wanted attention, applause, adulation, and obedience. He's a vapid man. He's incapable of any depth of actual policy.

Penn Jillette was very succinct when he said "I've never seen a president that was dumber than me, until Donald Trump."

Apparently "storm area 51" is getting some increased traffic again on twitter after people watched the capitol getting run over.

No one I’m watching is mentioning Qanon. This is totally their doing. Pics and videos show them wearing Qanon gear and they’ve all but bragged for weeks they were gonna do this. I’m not afraid of joe blow Trump fan. But those guys are a different breed. We’ll see more of them. And damn what a security failure!

Reactions: blazers
I think... maybe... we might get some unity from what happened today. This was sort of a mini-9/11 kinda thing. Mike Pence broke from Trump tonight. I'm hearing these republican senators speaking in more subdued, even unified tones. They're all universally feeling like "You tried to stop our process, and you failed." They seem to be, for the moment, speaking to the resilience of the nation instead of the division.

And, the disputes of the EC votes was actually shortened due to the insurrection, after it's all said and done. The weak storming of the capitol was put down and it seems to have instilled some camaraderie in the legislators that might have been lacking before. The MAGA storm that was entirely a Donald Trump crime, has sort of given the legislators a legitimate "out", so to speak.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT