ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

Why would Cassidy make it up and willingly perjure herself for no reason? Doesn't make much sense for her to open herself up to that punishment. Did she embellish what Trump actually did in that one story that took like 10 minutes of the hours long testimony? Maybe, but the fact that she's testifying that Trump basically wanted guys he knew were armed to break into the Capitol is pretty significant.

I think it's funny that Meadows is basically hiding in Saddam's bunker because he's so afraid to be under oath.

Why would a SS agent be willing to - even ask to - perjure himself?

Reactions: uncfootball-
Yeah that’s fair. I’m definitely in the camp in general that if someone lies about one thing then they’d lie about anything. But I think lying vs embellish is different and I think she just is remembering it more aggressively than it happened.

My point is more what does she gain by perjuring herself. It’s only bad for her to lie about this stuff and most of her testimony isn’t about this. It’s about things that aren’t really open to interpretation, either it happened or it didn’t. Just don’t get why she would lie on stuff like that.

Again, you can ask the same questions of the SS agent, who by seniority, experience and service, garners the benefit of the doubt over Hutchison.

Holy shit. I just said primary vs. secondary and how things in that one instance could get misconstrued. Then I went on to say her other hours of testimony are her direct, primary experiences and thus much more credible as accurate of what went down and that's what I care about more. I won't explain this for a 4th time, get some help from someone if you still don't understand.

You're weakly trying for some ah ha moment that you're not going to get. You're a shitty litigator.

So her memory only comes into question on certain parts of her testimony?

I think some form of it happened but when you're talking about information that isn't first hand, the story is always going to get scrambled. Simple primary vs. secondary source stuff. I actually don't think Cassidy is lying, I think she's telling the story as she remembered hearing it 18 months or whatever it is now in the future. How much of it is what actually happened, who the hell knows.

I also won't just get hung up on this topic. Her entire testimony is really damning for Trump, and again, it's not he said she said secondary shit like the SUV. It's her being directly there and saying really plausible things that others who were also there have said in the past, just not under oath so we didn't take them with much trust (as we shouldn't with Meadows book or anything he says until he's under oath).

I don't think she sat up there and just lied for hours like our friend Tucker and others are saying. Just doesn't make sense for her to do that.

3ubnc5.gif

You're too stupid for words. Again, ask someone smarter than you to explain what I wrote, it's not that difficult.

Just seems weird to give someone a pass on part of her testimony because her memory may not been as good on part of it... even though it was all from roughly 18 months ago.

Just seems weird to give someone a pass on part of her testimony because her memory may not was as good on part of it... even though it was all from roughly 18 months ago.

She's lying. Whether it's intentional because she's being coerced by the leaders of the witch-hunt or because she's having senior moments at the age of 26 is irrelevant. What's relevant is that what she has testified did not happen and more than one person who has more credibility than her to the rational person is willing to go on record and say as much.

She's lying. Whether it's intentional because she's being coerced by the leaders of the witch-hunt or because she's having senior moments at the age of 26 is irrelevant. What's relevant is that what she has testified did not happen and more than one person who has more credibility than her to the rational person is willing to go on record and say as much.
Blah, blah, blah. Garbage in, garbage out.

23l9fl.jpg

Last edited:
Don't let the door hit you on your way out, poopslinger.

Oh no. I'll stay here to drive my stats up with the continuous thumpings I put on you and some others. Don't think there's any reprieve for you on the horizon. But I need to find a new board with more competent roasters to help me stay sharp. You bozos are doing me no good.

Reactions: nctransplant
Trump could have easily won if his mouth didn't keep shooting holes in his boat. No one likes the current situation, but Trump did lose the election.

If he'd admit he lost, point out that things are worse, he could easily be re-elected

his mouth definitely has some to do with it but i personally believe Covid, the economic fallout and mail-in voting were his primary downfall. most folks were going to hold their nose and vote for him again bc (pre Covid) the economy was booming and there was no end in sight. non-lunatic fringe Americans care about their bank accounts MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE.

Cool article and graph. I'm just trying to figure out how it's relevant at all to anything we've discussed in this thread over the last 25 pages.
cuz these two were posted in ignorance, you can't make that claim anymore.
Did you even once consider that the majority of the kids participating wanted to do so? And that maybe some didn't care but they just didn''t want to be the oddball but felt more part of the team in that moment? So they were fine with bowing their heads for a minute.

The fact that the majority of the players and the families of those players appreciate the coach's actions makes them the majority. And it makes you and all the other hysterical liberals fretting over it, a crybaby.

cuz these two were posted in ignorance, you can't make that claim anymore.

ETA - it was a seattle suburb wasn't it? They probably haven't had a christian majority since 1900's

Your graph showing that those practicing Christianity declining has nothing at all to do with the SC ruling on the football coach. That's what you seem to not be getting.

I won't speak for @bluetoe but I maintain, and everything I've read validates it, but the majority of the football team and their families approve of the coach praying at midfield. But even if they didn't, it's irrelevant.

his mouth definitely has some to do with it but i personally believe Covid, the economic fallout and mail-in voting were his primary downfall. most folks were going to hold their nose and vote for him again bc (pre Covid) the economy was booming and there was no end in sight. non-lunatic fringe Americans care about their bank accounts MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE.
The way he verbally handled the Covid situation also helped him lose the election. He never lead the country. He tried to pretend it wasn't happening because it might affect the election. If he'd been more proactive from the start, he would have been invincible.

Nothing lost it for him. HE lost the election for himself.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
Oh no. I'll stay here to drive my stats up with the continuous thumpings I put on you and some others. Don't think there's any reprieve for you on the horizon. But I need to find a new board with more competent roasters to help me stay sharp. You bozos are doing me no good.
That's great news! I would hate for one of my favorite punching bags to walk out on me. Speaking of roasts, it's probably time to feed your kid another one or three.

you're wrong about that, bigtime. and you're going to find out in November 22 and 24.
Biden was preferred in November of 2020.

The conditions are much different now. I'm not convinced that Trump would win now. And, November of 2022 won't have Trump or Biden on the ballot.

That's great news! I would hate for one of my favorite punching bags to walk out on me. Speaking of roasts, it's probably time to feed your kid another one or three.

Ahh, I see. Your obsession with food would indicate that when daddy left you and mom, food security became an issue. I really am sorry for your situation. Hopefully you're in a better spot now. I'll pray for you.

Reactions: nctransplant
The SCOTUS' job isn't to cater to popular opinion. They need to determine the legality of issues - even if 95% of the country is in favor of something, if it's unconstitutional, they need to rule that way. Then the legislative branch can write laws/amendments/etc. to make the popular opinion law.

I do agree that it sucks that the SCOTUS has become politicized, because it seems like they don't even realize their role. It seems hard to believe that if they were all neutral parties, that the same ones would coincidentally always seem to find a case in favor of the same party. But if it has to be politicized, I'm glad the side that is in the majority is the side that it is - would be ripe for a clusterfvck of bad decisions if it was reversed.
I agree but "legislative branch can write laws/amendments/etc. to make the popular opinion law." is WAY easier said than done, and at some point that is going to be a problem. The "masses" could wait the decades it took for conservatives to get this far but something else could happen too.

Your graph showing that those practicing Christianity declining has nothing at all to do with the SC ruling on the football coach. That's what you seem to not be getting.

I won't speak for @bluetoe but I maintain, and everything I've read validates it, but the majority of the football team and their families approve of the coach praying at midfield. But even if they didn't, it's irrelevant.
It's a suburb of seattle. Those kids probably pray to antifa.

• Haha
Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
Here we go. Purple state voters can kiss their vote goodbye. Ga going for a dem will be a thing of the past without state legislature flipping blue.

Can you stay on topic and not be a dumbass for once in your life?

Well over the last couple of years we have seen different rules for those that support the democrat's agenda. They seem to be above the law. Maybe she wanted a book deal.. maybe she wanted to do the TV talk show tour and make some cash. Who knows.

Also if you say "as far as I know" or "best I can remember" is that really lying if the info is not true?

It was directly related to this post. Supporting a democrat agenda gets you less jail time.

Why? Explain specifically what you like from Biden that is better than Trump? Foreign policy? Energy? Are you a proponent of his stance on social issues? Please be specific.
Trump is a damaged and flawed human being who is not fit to be a dogcatcher.
Biden will at least listen to his staff but in no way is he a good leader but better than Trump.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT