ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

So what was the answer?
Cabin Fever Reaction GIF

So you admit it's not that Biden won it's that Trump lost. You admit that Biden is a disaster and your feelings is the most important thing when picking a President.
The most important issue in the last election was getting Trump out of office. My feelings have nothing to do with the fact that the country could not stand another 4 years of Trump.

• Haha
Reactions: nctransplant
So what was the answer?
The answer to your stupid, brain-numbing question is scattered throughout the last few pages of this thread. If you weren't so lazy and clueless, in less than ten minutes' time you could find it.

You remind me of our old friend Felonius Punk, aka @UNC71-00, who like a child had to be coddled and handheld as he groped through the darkness of this message board world. Will you share the same fate? Will you end up in prison just like him?

One more thing: you've got some nerve flaunting that username alongside your uninformed, monosyllable posts. On behalf of Carolina football fans everywhere, we find it offensive. Mack Brown should show up at your house one day and smash your computer into tiny pieces so that you might never post again!

The answer to your stupid, brain-numbing question is scattered throughout the last few pages of this thread. If you weren't so lazy and clueless, in less than ten minutes' time you could find it.

You remind me of our old friend Felonius Punk, aka @UNC71-00, who like a child had to be coddled and handheld as he groped through the darkness of this message board world. Will you share the same fate? Will you end up in prison just like him?

One more thing: you've got some nerve flaunting that username alongside your uninformed, monosyllable posts. On behalf of Carolina football fans everywhere, we find it offensive. Mack Brown should show up at your house one day and smash your computer into tiny pieces so that you might never post again!

So did the secret service make up the story or did Cassidy make up the story or did Trump actually try to grab the wheel and drive the SUV from the backseat?

So you admit it's not that Biden won it's that Trump lost. You admit that Biden is a disaster and your feelings is the most important thing when picking a President.
See... Now, it's not so amazing after all. You're realizing why most Americans vote.

Not that it matters, strum, but absolutely nothing happened inside the Beast. It has already been discussed here that Trump was traveling in the presidential Escapade instead. What also doesn't really matter is who is telling the truth and who is lying in this grabbing-the-wheel saga. Like I said earlier, it's not like the committee is going to use her testimony in hopes of getting Trump a traffic ticket for reckless driving. It was more anecdotal than anything.

As the last two days in this thread have shown, those on the left who watched yesterday's hearing saw what a credible witness she is. Those on the right who aren't watching the hearings to begin with yet act like they have law degrees because they watched an episode of Law & Order claim she is lying or is being paid off. As if the committee would risk everything including their own careers to resort to tampering with witnesses.

The stupidity on this board is so thick right now you could stir it with a stick.
You going to pull one from your ass to stir it?

Reactions: uncfootball-
So did the secret service make up the story or did Cassidy make up the story or did Trump actually try to grab the wheel and drive the SUV from the backseat?
Why would Cassidy make it up and willingly perjure herself for no reason? Doesn't make much sense for her to open herself up to that punishment. Did she embellish what Trump actually did in that one story that took like 10 minutes of the hours long testimony? Maybe, but the fact that she's testifying that Trump basically wanted guys he knew were armed to break into the Capitol is pretty significant.

I think it's funny that Meadows is basically hiding in Saddam's bunker because he's so afraid to be under oath.

Reactions: Heels Noir
Why would Cassidy make it up and willingly perjure herself for no reason? Doesn't make much sense for her to open herself up to that punishment. Did she embellish what Trump actually did in that one story that took like 10 minutes of the hours long testimony? Maybe, but the fact that she's testifying that Trump basically wanted guys he knew were armed to break into the Capitol is pretty significant.

I think it's funny that Meadows is basically hiding in Saddam's bunker because he's so afraid to be under oath.

I dont know. Heels Nerd brought this topic to the board.. flipped flop around with different posts but won't answer the question to state what he believes happened.

If she lied about what happened in the SUV and lied about who wrote the note then how do we know any of it is true?

Reactions: bluetoe
I dont know. Heels Nerd brought this topic to the board.. flipped flop around with different posts but won't answer the question to state what he believes happened.

If she lied about what happened in the SUV and lied about who wrote the note then how do we know any of it is true?
Yeah that’s fair. I’m definitely in the camp in general that if someone lies about one thing then they’d lie about anything. But I think lying vs embellish is different and I think she just is remembering it more aggressively than it happened.

My point is more what does she gain by perjuring herself. It’s only bad for her to lie about this stuff and most of her testimony isn’t about this. It’s about things that aren’t really open to interpretation, either it happened or it didn’t. Just don’t get why she would lie on stuff like that.

Yeah that’s fair. I’m definitely in the camp in general that if someone lies about one thing then they’d lie about anything. But I think lying vs embellish is different and I think she just is remembering it more aggressively than it happened.

My point is more what does she gain by perjuring herself. It’s only bad for her to lie about this stuff and most of her testimony isn’t about this. It’s about things that aren’t really open to interpretation, either it happened or it didn’t. Just don’t get why she would lie on stuff like that.

Well over the last couple of years we have seen different rules for those that support the democrat's agenda. They seem to be above the law. Maybe she wanted a book deal.. maybe she wanted to do the TV talk show tour and make some cash. Who knows.

Also if you say "as far as I know" or "best I can remember" is that really lying if the info is not true?

Well over the last couple of years we have seen different rules for those that support the democrat's agenda. They seem to be above the law. Maybe she wanted a book deal.. maybe she wanted to do the TV talk show tour and make some cash. Who knows.
Meh.

It's much more plausible that Trump was insanely pissed that Pence was going to confirm the election and he loved the fact that all these people showed up for him and he wanted to fully support them vs. some rando no one has heard of is going to perjure herself to gain 15 minutes. Anything's possible but Occam's Razor for me on that one.

Meh.

It's much more plausible that Trump was insanely pissed that Pence was going to confirm the election and he loved the fact that all these people showed up for him and he wanted to fully support them vs. some rando no one has heard of is going to perjure herself to gain 15 minutes. Anything's possible but Occam's Razor for me on that one.

So I will give you the question. Based on what you know do you think the secret service lied to Cassidy or Cassidy lied in the hearing or Trump actually did try to grab the steering wheel from the backseat of the SUV?

Also if you say "as far as I know" or "best I can remember" is that really lying if the info is not true?

Of course, because no bad word against Trump is ever viable or reasonable.

The man is an egomaniacal narcissist. He doesn't have filter or proper impulse control. Is it really that hard to believe?

Last edited:
Reactions: strummingram
Of course, because no bad word against Trump is ever viable or reasonable.

The man is an egomaniacal narcissistic. He doesn't have filter or proper impulse control. Is it really that hard to believe?

Would you agree the summer riots were as bad as the Jan 6th dust up?

So I will give you the question. Based on what you know do you think the secret service lied to Cassidy or Cassidy lied in the hearing or Trump actually did try to grab the steering wheel from the backseat of the SUV?
I think some form of it happened but when you're talking about information that isn't first hand, the story is always going to get scrambled. Simple primary vs. secondary source stuff. I actually don't think Cassidy is lying, I think she's telling the story as she remembered hearing it 18 months or whatever it is now in the future. How much of it is what actually happened, who the hell knows.

I also won't just get hung up on this topic. Her entire testimony is really damning for Trump, and again, it's not he said she said secondary shit like the SUV. It's her being directly there and saying really plausible things that others who were also there have said in the past, just not under oath so we didn't take them with much trust (as we shouldn't with Meadows book or anything he says until he's under oath).

I don't think she sat up there and just lied for hours like our friend Tucker and others are saying. Just doesn't make sense for her to do that.

Meh.

Thanks, dadika, for being an intelligent voice of reason here. Yesterday I shared with the board the Occum's razor principle as well, but I guess posters like uncfootball have never heard of it and are too lazy to spend 15 seconds looking it up.

I think some form of it happened but when you're talking about information that isn't first hand, the story is always going to get scrambled. Simple primary vs. secondary source stuff. I actually don't think Cassidy is lying, I think she's telling the story as she remembered hearing it 18 months or whatever it is now in the future. How much of it is what actually happened, who the hell knows.

I also won't just get hung up on this topic. Her entire testimony is really damning for Trump, and again, it's not he said she said secondary shit like the SUV. It's her being directly there and saying really plausible things that others who were also there have said in the past, just not under oath so we didn't take them with much trust (as we shouldn't with Meadows book or anything he says until he's under oath).

I don't think she sat up there and just lied for hours like our friend Tucker and others are saying. Just doesn't make sense for her to do that.

So you dont think she is lying just not sure what she remembers.

Thanks, dadika, for being an intelligent voice of reason here. Yesterday I shared with the board the Occum's razor principle as well, but I guess posters like uncfootball have never heard of it and are too lazy to spend 15 seconds looking it up.

No.. you are too much a puss to answer a question.

So you dont think she is lying just not sure what she remembers.
I said I don't think she's lying about what she remembers. Where the question comes in is how much of it got lost/misconstrued in exchange from primary to secondary source. You see this happen literally all the time, someone tells someone something and it gets repeated not quite the same. Add in this happening 18 months ago and, as I said in the post, who the hell knows. Maybe it happened just as she described or maybe it got misconstrued.

You seem to be REALLY focused on this. I'm also focused on the other hours of her testimony.

Don't think anybody would call Biden a good president but there is no doubt he is preferred over Trump.

Why? Explain specifically what you like from Biden that is better than Trump? Foreign policy? Energy? Are you a proponent of his stance on social issues? Please be specific.

I said I don't think she's lying about what she remembers. Where the question comes in is how much of it got lost/misconstrued in exchange from primary to secondary source. You see this happen literally all the time, someone tells someone something and it gets repeated not quite the same. Add in this happening 18 months ago and, as I said in the post, who the hell knows. Maybe it happened just as she described or maybe it got misconstrued.

You seem to be REALLY focused on this. I'm also focused on the other hours of her testimony.

So you then agree that the other hours of her testimony could be wrong info as well.. based on here not remembering it correctly?

I think it's cool when girls take an interest in football. I bet you're a hit with the dudes at the sports bar.

"the majority want prayers to JC on the football field gosh darnit!"

Maybe in 20-teens, but not anymore

FWWRUXzXgAEo5ed

Cool article and graph. I'm just trying to figure out how it's relevant at all to anything we've discussed in this thread over the last 25 pages.

So you then agree that the other hours of her testimony could be wrong info as well.. based on here not remembering it correctly?
Holy shit. I just said primary vs. secondary and how things in that one instance could get misconstrued. Then I went on to say her other hours of testimony are her direct, primary experiences and thus much more credible as accurate of what went down and that's what I care about more. I won't explain this for a 4th time, get some help from someone if you still don't understand.

You're weakly trying for some ah ha moment that you're not going to get. You're a shitty litigator.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT