ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

I think... maybe... we might get some unity from what happened today. This was sort of a mini-9/11 kinda thing. Mike Pence broke from Trump tonight. I'm hearing these republican senators speaking in more subdued, even unified tones. They're all universally feeling like "You tried to stop our process, and you failed." They seem to be, for the moment, speaking to the resilience of the nation instead of the division.

And, the disputes of the EC votes was actually shortened due to the insurrection, after it's all said and done. The weak storming of the capitol was put down and it seems to have instilled some camaraderie in the legislators that might have been lacking before. The MAGA storm that was entirely a Donald Trump crime, has sort of given the legislators a legitimate "out", so to speak.
Yeah, in his attempt to divide us, Trump might have inadvertently united us. At least for a little while.

Apparently "storm area 51" is getting some increased traffic again on twitter after people watched the capitol getting run over.
Our alien overlords aren't going to be as soft as the Capitol Police who looked like mall cops securing Mrs Field's cookies.

Plus that's far from anything. What about storming the scientology HQ?

• Haha
Reactions: tarheel0910
Yeah, in his attempt to divide us, Trump might have inadvertently united us. At least for a little while.
Everyone saw an attack against America get put-down in one day. They were carrying the flags of a demagogue/cult leader. Now... the legislators are all speaking like it's V-J Day, or after 9/11. It's basically, "The House is United and persevering!" Even Mike Pence and Mitch McConnell are speaking in chorus with Schumer and Klobuchar. Even Lankford from Oklahoma is coming out saying "They didn't beat us, we're still here following our laws and practices."

I think... maybe... we might get some unity from what happened today. This was sort of a mini-9/11 kinda thing. Mike Pence broke from Trump tonight. I'm hearing these republican senators speaking in more subdued, even unified tones. They're all universally feeling like "You tried to stop our process, and you failed." They seem to be, for the moment, speaking to the resilience of the nation instead of the division.

And, the disputes of the EC votes was actually shortened due to the insurrection, after it's all said and done. The weak storming of the capitol was put down and it seems to have instilled some camaraderie in the legislators that might have been lacking before. The MAGA storm that was entirely a Donald Trump crime, has sort of given the legislators a legitimate "out", so to speak.
"Mike Pence broke from Trump tonight." - he really had no recourse legally... his option was to announce the election results or contrive some weird excuse which lets someone else announce the results.

As for repubs being more subdued, this just highlights the grift. The outcome was inevitable, but they were going to put on a show "of fighting" purely for the grift. Nothing changed regarding the fraud allegations. It was all a grift for future votes, to avoid Trump's ire and for PAC contributions.

All this unity stuff on the hill doesn't mean shit to maga types. They don't care how "respectable" Pence suddenly is or that McConnell wants it all over with as little political damage and embarrassment as possible.

This fight is far from over as long as maga/QAnon conspiracy has a voice (and that will happen as long as it is profitable for influencers) and as long as people are pissed about politics in the US.

A few more people have become never-Trumpers today, and maybe a few others are realizing the election-steal is BS, but most are gullible and brainwashed.

"Mike Pence broke from Trump tonight." - he really had no recourse legally... his option was to announce the election results or contrive some weird excuse which lets someone else announce the results.

As for repubs being more subdued, this just highlights the grift. The outcome was inevitable, but they were going to put on a show "of fighting" purely for the grift. Nothing changed regarding the fraud allegations. It was all a grift for future votes, to avoid Trump's ire and for PAC contributions.
I'm trying to see some good here. I'm commenting on what I am seeing and hearing now... after the criminal attack was put down.

I'm trying to see some good here. I'm commenting on what I am seeing and hearing now... after the criminal attack was put down.
I guess these things are better than more ire or fighting among congress itself.

But if i'm Terror Beard, i'm even more pissed due to the way the repub legislatures all backed off their 'objections'. It was all theatre. It's been theatre since Nov 3rd. All of Trumps craziness has been echo'd by elected officials and his crazy-talk was given legitimacy, resulting in todays chaos.

Loeffler: This morning I planned to object, but after today's events....

Same with Lankford.

Insane fascist crap has been fomenting since Michigan people stormed that capitol then planned her kidnapping. This protest/riot in DC was bigger in scale but not any more severe. If the senators truly believed their own BS they'd be sticking to their guns rather than folding because the riot moved into their offices and gossip-corners.

And it isn't going away, too late to put the genie back in the bottle. Armed people were on Washington State's governor's lawn today... this type of shit isn't going to be isolated to today or to Washington DC. ProudBoys, Oathkeepers, etc have been organizing and just waiting for the right moment.

Last edited:
Just a big spectacle for pandering and PAC $, they change their tune when the type of craziness everywhere in the US actually finds it's way into their workplace.

They are laying down. If they're gonna lay down they should've done it Nov 3rd.

If trump had chosen a lackey as Vp there mighta been a coup today
If Pence wants to be a respectable leader he'll work with the cabinet, save face and talk about how Coronvirus makes someone have mental clarity issues, then invoke the 25th to get this country back on track rather than let "the storm" happen for the next two weeks.

I guess these things are better than more ire or fighting among congress itself.

But if i'm Terror Beard, i'm even more pissed due to the way the repub legislatures all backed off their 'objections'. It was all theatre. It's been theatre since Nov 3rd. All of Trumps craziness has been echo'd by elected officials and his crazy-talk was given legitimacy, resulting in todays chaos.

Loeffler: This morning I planned to object, but after today's events....

Same with Lankford.

Insane fascist crap has been fomenting since Michigan people stormed that capitol then planned her kidnapping. This protest/riot in DC was bigger in scale but not any more severe. If the senators truly believed their own BS they'd be sticking to their guns rather than folding because the riot moved into their offices and gossip-corners.

And it isn't going away, too late to put the genie back in the bottle. Armed people were on Washington State's governor's lawn today... this type of shit isn't going to be isolated to today or to Washington DC. ProudBoys, Oathkeepers, etc have been organizing and just waiting for the right moment.
So, what do you recommend?

So, what do you recommend?
At a min we need to recognize these aholes for what they - spineless enablers of conspiracy theory that weakens our democratic principles.

Then honest leaders who want respect should admit that election complaints are purely procedural. The matter isn't about the checkbox on the ballot or whether the voter should have had a ballot. The complaints are purely about the timing (early voting or late-arriving) and method (mail-in vs not).

No idea how to undo all the crazy, maybe unc71 can tell you what would convince him that chavez and china weren't manipulating votes.

In case there was any doubt. Trump is gone January 20th.
Apparently, he released a statement:

“Even though I totally disagree with the outcome of the election, and the facts bear me out, nevertheless there will be an orderly transition on January 20th," Trump said in the statement released overnight after Congress certified his defeat. "I have always said we would continue our fight to ensure that only legal votes were counted. While this represents the end of the greatest first term in presidential history, it's only the beginning of our fight to Make America Great Again."

"I have always said we would continue our fight to ensure that only legal votes were counted. While this represents the end of the greatest first term in presidential history,

george-washington-portrait.jpg

“Even though I totally disagree with the outcome of the election, and the facts bear me out, nevertheless there will be an orderly transition on January 20th," Trump said in the statement released overnight after Congress certified his defeat. "I have always said we would continue our fight to ensure that only legal votes were counted. While this represents the end of the greatest first term in presidential history, it's only the beginning of our fight to Make America Great Again."
He just can't help himself. After everything that happened yesterday, he still can't see reality. Or maybe he does and just doesn't give a shit. Any publicity is good publicity.

Reactions: heelbent

Eq6oHJgXEAIYTpf

I’m hoping for 4 years of chaos. I’m hoping yesterday was just a taste of what the Dems have to deal with. I hope they’re scared to go to work.
I'd say the Capitol Police heads and chiefs are afraid to go to work since they're going to find their demotion.

Pacific northwest proves its ability once again to out-crazy the rest of the US

StopTheSteal breaks thru gates at governor Inslee's house, then realize they might not all be on the same team.

ErFNTGxWMAEgi_H.jpg

Shoutout to this Rhodes scholar who probably googled "Georgia flag" and just bought the first result he saw without realizing that there is a country named "Georgia" and that's their flag...not the Georgia state flag.

Special people indeed, Donald.

Ahhh... "anti lib." That's so specific and articulate. Be more specific. I want to know.

"Draining the swamp"... what the hell is that? Trump set up shop with people who were born in the damned swamp.
I get you hate the man. Its understandable. I am glad we had someone prove you can buck against the system. You know yourself, being someone who tends to side with noone, that the system as a whole is flawed. Modern politics is screwing everyone as it rolls downhill. He tried to work on the insurance deal from day one, of which ive been overcharged. He has tried to redorm immigration and deal with illegals, which affects my line of work drastically. He tried to level overseas trade, which affects my purchasing. There was a 4 year witchhunt he dealt with. You speak of disappointment, when has a sitting POTUS ever been treated like he was from day 1. Not yesterday, day 1. Yes he is a massive personality issue. Everyone agrees. Not being PC to me is a wonderful thing. Up till covid, i had great business growth. People argue over his handling of the virus. How about blame the people for their response. He exercised all him constitutional rights in this election. The result outcome looked astronomically impossible, and millions are having a hard time believing that. As for draining the swamp, stopping the lib machine ideals from decimating our country. When the 1st stimulas package came out, he fought against all the pork that was in that package.

So yes, he speaks to people with his positions. Its natural for people to oppose that as well.

Again, yesterday was not a good look, but that kind of activity has been happening for a while now. His rallies almost never ended like it did yesterday. How many BLM/ANTIFA rallies ended in much worse situations than that, only to be sweep under the rug?

Also, your comparisons to 9/11 is a disgrace to those who died on that day. They did not storm that building to kill anyone you moron. Only to disrupt the process.

Last edited:
Didnt @UNC71-00 say he was attending the rally? Would like to hear his perspective.

(please someone tell me he owns a bison horn head gear)

He was there. Sent me pics. Said it was totally peaceful where he was and said that Trump supporters knew it was Antifa posing as MAGA, that raided the Capitol.

Side note - if I had $1 for ever time one of you idiots called it the Capital, I'd be a rich man. I think even our self-proclaimed history major made this gaffe yesterday. tsk, tsk.

How many BLM/ANTIFA rallies ended in much worse situations than that, only to be sweep under the rug?
Good question.

4 died yesterday (gun shot, self-taze, flash-bang heart attack and ____).

I know Rittenhouse killed a few people.

A person got shot in Portland by an anti-fascist during some counter-protesting.

How many other people died during this summer's BLM rallies after Floyd died?

He tried to work on the insurance deal from day one, of which ive been overcharged.

As for draining the swamp, stopping the lib machine ideals from decimating our country.

When the 1st stimulas package came out, he fought against all the pork that was in that package.
What was the insurance deal you are referring to? 5+ yrs ago Trump mentioned providing a healthcare plan, he also mentioned it pre-election, but we still haven't seen it.

I think most people have a different definition of "drain the swamp". But won't most GOP people try to stop lib ideals? Did he do a better job than Kasich, Jeb Bush or Ted Cruz would've done?

Trump did a good job of calling out the pork, kudos to him on that, but it was just words, he was hands-off during the negotations and most stuff in DC not related to mob/mafia intimidation/corruption for self promotion.

I wasn't alive in the 60's so forgive me for asking, but how many times did armed protestors take over the capitol building to exercise their rights?
why don't you and your moron compatriots get a clue? How many times have leftist groups burned and destroyed both personal and public property, and harassed and assaulted those with with differing opinions, and mostly without reprisal? Then you turn around and say, like complete simps, 'oh look, they are blaming all this on Antifa'. No, dumbasses, they are pointing out the double standard and the blinders one side always puts on when destruction and physical violence is perpetrated in support of their causes. Antifa isn't to blame, our failure to react sensibly and fairly is.

This little Quixotic joust with our Capital pales in comparison to what the left has doled out, but where was the backlash from this board by the usuals here? That's right, there wasn't any. As if Biden was right, that Antifa isn't really a thing. The hypocrisy makes me want to puke, and I hope I can get some on you and your butt-buddies.

A little skirmish borne of frustration isn't that noteworthy, although the news coverage would have had you believing that Trump was leading an army storming D.C. The mindlessness inherent to the POV shown by you and your ilk here is by far the biggest problem this country has.

And BTW, I was around in the sixties, and I wish you had been as well, to have human excrement thrown in your face for the dastardly act of fighting for your country. Just STFU, you clueless ****.

ETA **** is cvnt

Reactions: Grayhead
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT