ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

Wonder why Israel didn't inform the Biden/Harris administration of their plans last week? Especially since we are so much more respected under them than under Trump.

• Love
Reactions: bluetoe
I'm pretty live and let live in my approach. I can tolerate many things with which I do not agree. As an adult, I really could care less what you do to and with yourself, so long as it doesn't neglect your other adult responsibilities or it's with other consenting adults. My opinion about you or your behavior is irrelevant to your ability to engage such things. Kids are a different issue. If they are not capable of deciding or have brains that aren't formed enough to make choices about everything else like drinking, smoking, entering contracts, owning a gun, joining the military, and so on, how is this acceptable? I just don't understand how anyone thinks this is ok and I ask for it to be explained. Watch the dramatic change from the first clip to the end.

• Sad
Reactions: bluetoe
I'm pretty live and let live in my approach. I can tolerate many things with which I do not agree. As an adult, I really could care less what you do to and with yourself, so long as it doesn't neglect your other adult responsibilities or it's with other consenting adults. My opinion about you or your behavior is irrelevant to your ability to engage such things. Kids are a different issue. If they are not capable of deciding or have brains that aren't formed enough to make choices about everything else like drinking, smoking, entering contracts, owning a gun, joining the military, and so on, how is this acceptable? I just don't understand how anyone thinks this is ok and I ask for it to be explained. Watch the dramatic change from the first clip to the end.

Morgan seems very happy. Good for him.

Reactions: prlyles
There are only two teleprompters, period. They are easy to spot if you know what you're looking for. The image is actually horizontal and reflected off a piece of glass at a 45° angle in front of the lens.
Moman-MT1_MT2_-1000x500_16fbdaa1-48d1-4f73-881d-288117472b4a.webp

You seem as knowledgeable about teleprompters as you are with laugh tracks. What makes me so sure I know what I'm talking about? Back in the day when I was a mere greenhorn on set, filling in wherever I was needed, I spent more than a few jobs scrolling through copy as a teleprompter operator which also included mounting the instrument to cameras. In other words, been there, done that.
i had to question you about the teleprompters because I figured you were probably as ignorant about them as you are about laugh tracks. But good call about my lack of knowledge of teleprompters with the only hint being me saying I was lacking in knowledge about teleprompters. Hard to get anything past you, I guess.

At any rate, given the questionable info you've provided, we conclude that Harris may indeed have been using a teleprompter. Thanks.

meanwhile, the 'progressives' are applauding this sort of 'progress' that our society and mankind in general is making, all due to their enlightened thinking.

Go watch the interview and tell us how often Harris was looking 90° to her right while talking. It's both funny and sad that people are this gullible.
it's sad and pathetic that one would go to these lengths to excuse such phoniness and incompetence in a cackleheaded politician who might end up being president.

Go watch the interview and tell us how often Harris was looking 90° to her right while talking. It's both funny and sad that people are this gullible.
It's definitely funnier than sad. I say let them wallow in their misery. It only gets worse for them come November. X^D

I don't understand the idea of fact-checking. Why do we feel compelled to spoonfeed the electorate?
I would have agreed as recently as 10-15 years ago. But it's abundantly clear that, today, too many people believe too many things - and believe them strongly - that simply aren't true.

Without fact-checkers, you'd hear your guy lie and be sure he was telling the truth; and you'd hear my guy tell the truth and be sure he was lying through his teeth. And I'd do exactly the same.

The problem is getting honest, accurate fact-checkers. That's why I proposed fact-checkers for the fact-checkers - with the power to punish. Not perfect, but worth a try.

I find it interesting that you chose the disparaging word "spoonfeed" rather than "educate" or "correct." I get it: people who think they are right resent being corrected. But a lot of folks believe a lot of nonsense these days, and it's just getting worse.

• Love
Reactions: Heels Noir
I would have agreed as recently as 10-15 years ago. But it's abundantly clear that, today, too many people believe too many things - and believe them strongly - that simply aren't true.

Without fact-checkers, you'd hear your guy lie and be sure he was telling the truth; and you'd hear my guy tell the truth and be sure he was lying through his teeth. And I'd do exactly the same.

The problem is getting honest, accurate fact-checkers. That's why I proposed fact-checkers for the fact-checkers - with the power to punish. Not perfect, but worth a try.

I find it interesting that you chose the disparaging word "spoonfeed" rather than "educate" or "correct." I get it: people who think they are right resent being corrected. But a lot of folks believe a lot of nonsense these days, and it's just getting worse.
That ship has long sailed. There is no objective reality anymore.

As I've said before, the election is already over... if Trump loses. It's just a matter of how bad it gets after he loses. If he wins, Harris will concede. If Harris wins, Trump will NEVER concede. And, he can conjure-up doubt. The media sources that make money from that doubt will push it. The "opposition media" will fan the flames. If there was ever any foreign power that wanted to bring down the USA, this must be satisfying. The only way to destroy the USA is from within, and that's happening.

Who is fact checking the fact checkers? And if that’s the double fact checkers, then who is fact checking them?

The bottom line is I don’t trust whoever you’d pick as the fact checkers and I’m sure you don’t trust who I’d pick as the fact checkers.

The question remains, why do we not lean into “personal responsibility” and sending the message to the electorate to do their own research.

Because nearly all of them let FOX or MSNBC do the research for them and just believe what they are told.

In other words, depending on the viewers to do their own research isn't working.

Isn’t working for whom? It’s certainly working for your side. Your side has the majority of “fact checkers” in their back pocket. The bottom line is that there is no way to completely remove bias from the fact checkers. Especially when a candidate threatens their livelihood and sense of importance. They may agree or disagree that something is a truthful statement but don’t add the correct context which would completely change the meaning of whatever was said. The power resides in the fact checkers and the double fact checkers (and maybe the triple fact checkers) who currently all play for the same team because that’s who is buttering their bread. You sure you want this? Because it won’t always be that way.

And secondly, I don’t trust a more informed or educated electorate can turn in better outcomes. Being a part of a collective requires everyone pulls their weight. And I don’t think it’s controversial to say we have millions who don’t, and have no intention of doing so. Those people will always vote for whatever absolves them of any personal responsibility.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Who is fact checking the fact checkers? And if that’s the double fact checkers, then who is fact checking them?

The bottom line is I don’t trust whoever you’d pick as the fact checkers and I’m sure you don’t trust who I’d pick as the fact checkers.

The question remains, why do we not lean into “personal responsibility” and sending the message to the electorate to do their own research.

Those people will always vote for whatever absolves them of any personal responsibility.
Yeah people should take personal responsibility just like Trump does. I can't believe you typed that with a straight face.

• Love
WTF are you talking about?

You’re a goofy looking motherf*cker. We kept it dark so you couldn’t see how goofy looking you are. And terribly old. So we did you a favor. I thought all of that would have been pretty straightforward.

It was a joke. And you were the butt. I was making fun of you. Try to pay attention.

You’re a goofy looking motherf*cker. We kept it dark so you couldn’t see how goofy looking you are. And terribly old. So we did you a favor. I thought all of that would have been pretty straightforward.

It was a joke. And you were the butt. I was making fun of you. Try to pay attention.
I hope you are looking forward to Thanksgiving this November as much as I am.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT