ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

I guess there's a silver lining for most things in life, even something as dreadful as a major hurricane. Truth Social and its parent company Trump Media & Technology Corp. are headquartered in Sarasota, Fla., which is in the path of Hurricane Milton. Could this be the death knell for Donald Trump's most recent financially floundering enterprise?

You are a fool. Immigration has been a potential hot topic for decades, with nothing done.
sure, I'm a fool but when Trump tried to build the wall, he was kneecapped by the dems. Then he did as much as could be done with measures that were shitcanned the minute the dem idiot assumed the presidency. I think the fool is you.

Reactions: Archer2
trump sent covid test machines or covid tests to putin?
he must have done that while Russia wasn't invading Ukraine. How quickly some forget that Russia was not an enemy until the dems made that so for their political purposes, and how we all are now paying a much larger price than some covid testing..

Reactions: nctransplant
California 2020 6,006,518 votes for Trump
Texas 5,890,347 votes for Trump
Florida 5,668,731 votes for Trump.

In 2020, 77% of all campaign ads ran in just six states that were home to just 21% of the nation’s population.

The electoral college is actually hurting large states like CA because so many votes are trashed, AND hurting small states, cuz 4 little EC votes from RI, Idaho, Montana just don't matter. 3 from Vermont, Delaware or the Dakotas... sorry, your state matters don't matter.

But others on the right discuss SS and Medicare also while blathering about welfare. So your assumption is useless. The fact is that the right several times has hinted at disrupting SS and Medicare. To do it under some false pretense related to immigration is bad, but gullible right will eat it up.
nope, no points for you here. To begin with, we were talking specifically about what Ramaswamy said. And my assumption is no more useless than yours is, and much less useless than your insinuating suggestion of republican 'hinting', which can't be reliably separated from dem rumor-mongering.

The welfare state that Ramaswamy referred to does not include those things not considered welfare. Duh. I think most reasonable people would conclude that he wasn't including SS and Medicare in his mention of the welfare state because most reasonable people don't either.

Last edited:
California 2020 6,006,518 votes for Trump
Texas 5,890,347 votes for Trump
Florida 5,668,731 votes for Trump.

In 2020, 77% of all campaign ads ran in just six states that were home to just 21% of the nation’s population.

The electoral college is actually hurting large states like CA because so many votes are trashed, AND hurting small states, cuz 4 little EC votes from RI, Idaho, Montana just don't matter. 3 from Vermont, Delaware or the Dakotas... sorry, your state matters don't matter.
giggle-laugh.gif

Do you really want me to explain to you how inflation works and why trump's deal with OPEC+ cost you a lot of money from 2020 until it expired in 2022?
I'd be happy if you just explained how OPEC refines gas for us. And I know how inflation works, the dems have been giving us quite a lesson in that. But otherwise, if you want to stop answering my posts with questions, the floor is yours.

I'd be happy if you just explained how OPEC refines gas for us. And I know how inflation works, the dems have been giving us quite a lesson in that. But otherwise, if you want to stop answering my posts with questions, the floor is yours.
Why do you keep asking questions about your own misguided statement?

I'll help you out to get started, at it's peak, 54% of the inflation we experienced was corporate profits. Typically, profits make up 11% of inflation so you can assume roughly 43% was price gouging.

OK your turn, since you "know" how inflation works, explain it and tell me which policies were implemented that caused inflation and how much of the overall inflation it caused.

Again, I'll get you started. Trump's deal with OPEC+ reduced output by 9.7 million barrels a day. What do you think happens to prices when a president makes a deal for the largest production cut in history?

he must have done that while Russia wasn't invading Ukraine. How quickly some forget that Russia was not an enemy until the dems made that so for their political purposes, and how we all are now paying a much larger price than some covid testing..
so no issue with him doing this if true?…thought you were part of the “fuk everyone else crowd”?

Reactions: Heels Noir
Who knew? Biden flooding the market with printed money had nothing to do with inflation. I'm voting for Biden now...

• Haha
Reactions: bluetoe and Archer2

I'll help you out to get started, at it's peak, 54% of the inflation we experienced was corporate profits. Typically, profits make up 11% of inflation so you can assume roughly 43% was price gouging.

OK your turn, since you "know" how inflation works, explain it and tell me which policies were implemented that caused inflation and how much of the overall inflation it caused.

Again, I'll get you started. Trump's deal with OPEC+ reduced output by 9.7 million barrels a day. What do you think happens to prices when a president makes a deal for the largest production cut in history?
@bluetoe doesn't know how to retreat to a corner and lick his wounds after being schooled so thoroughly. Expect another uneducated, unqualified, and uninformed response in 3-2-1 . . .

Which of these numbers are confusing to you?

Lost jobs at a historic number
Negative GDP
Lost manufacturing jobs
Big trade deficits
Historic increase of federal debt
And crime was up

Trump-Final-Numbers.png

Yeah, but he cut taxes for the rich - big time.

That's what's important.

Both Mitt Romney in 2012 and Hillary Clinton in 2016 identified Russia as our top enemy. [Just to be clear, Hillary said Russia was our top foe before the email scandal and leaks, and Russia's social media offensive. In other words, that was her assessment before she felt personally attacked by Russia.]

• Haha
Reactions: nctransplant
My world says I had very good 401k until pedo and hoe took office.

Girl, everything else is irrelevant to me. My

Ahhhhhh, much more realistic and honest.
You got a strange 401K that only accrues wealth when a republican is in the white house. You need to check with your investment company.

Reactions: blazers
I guess there's a silver lining for most things in life, even something as dreadful as a major hurricane. Truth Social and its parent company Trump Media & Technology Corp. are headquartered in Sarasota, Fla., which is in the path of Hurricane Milton. Could this be the death knell for Donald Trump's most recent financially floundering enterprise?
How much DJT stock has Trump cashed out? Interesting that it's been rising recently.

LMAO. Please point out the question in my post for starters. I see yet another one in yours though. And you are more than welcome to answer it for us. So, what happens? You might start by actually describing the 'deal' in question.

Then point out anything approaching an actual explanation of inflation in yours, and I don't mean that nonsensical Kamala Harris-level drivel about profits.

You are obviously just another know-nothing mouthpiece for the fools who want to inflict us with an even bigger know-nothing version of Joe Biden.

BTW, inflation is the general decrease in how far your money goes toward attaining products and services. Wow, that was easy. And I'm going to answer the second part of that by telling you to simply look at the rate of inflation before Biden took office and then after Biden took office. You know what I'm talking about, that being the comparison you keep ignorantly dancing around. That doesn't specify the causes because they don't need to be specified in order to understand who fvcked up our economy and who didn't.

Don't forget to talk about Biden immediately clamping down on domestic production of fossil fuels after taking office and then quickly having to reverse that policy after the consequences became apparent. And of course you'll want to mention how then the dems wanted to disguise that blunder by pointing out the resulting INcrease in production as if that's what Biden had in mind the whole time.

But if you want to blame it all on Trump's deal with OPEC, you are again welcome to explain how that worked, preferably in some form other than a question about what I think.

@bluetoe doesn't know how to retreat to a corner and lick his wounds after being schooled so thoroughly. Expect another uneducated, unqualified, and uninformed response in 3-2-1 . . .
lol, no surprise that you would call that a schooling, since it closely resembles one of your vacuous retreats into ignorance that you think is a 'schooling'. And you're right, I am unqualified to deal with the profound level of ignorance the two of you display. Who is, other than the idiot you just responded to and maybe @prlyles?

You can't call me uninformed of your butthurt though, you keep educating me about how bad it must be.

• Haha
Reactions: Heels Noir
so no issue with him doing this if true?…thought you were part of the “fuk everyone else crowd”?
I have no issue in knowing what the actual story is, and then I can tell you what I might or might not have an issue with beyond that. I certainly have no issue with there being no worldwide powder keg while he was in office. Do you?

And I don't know what the “fuk everyone else crowd” is. Is that the crowd that thinks that there not being a worldwide powder keg is a good thing? Then yes, I am part of that crowd. I am also part of the crowd that understands that not acting alone and primarily as the world's police is a good thing and that not taking care of our border while we take care of someone else's border is a stupidly wrong thing. I also know that oversimplifying diplomacy in order to say orange man bad is just dumb.

Both Mitt Romney in 2012 and Hillary Clinton in 2016 identified Russia as our top enemy. [Just to be clear, Hillary said Russia was our top foe before the email scandal and leaks, and Russia's social media offensive. In other words, that was her assessment before she felt personally attacked by Russia.]
wait, that's what Romney and HILLARY CLINTON said? Well, hold on then, this changes everything in my thinking, knowing those two opined similarly.

I'm surprised you mention Romney when your god obama said to him, “When you were asked, ‘What’s the biggest geopolitical threat facing America,’ you said ‘Russia.’ Not al Qaeda; you said Russia,” “And, the 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back, because the Cold War’s been over for 20 years.” Frankly, I'm surprised at you challenging your god that way. Oh and BTW, Romney is just in general pretty much an idiot. JMO, of course, but that opinion is shared with a hell of a lot of people.

But if that surprises me, I am shocked you would think that mentioning Hillary Clinton in this regard was a good idea. She's the one chiefly responsible for turning them from an occasional adversary into an outright enemy.

Glad you brought this up.

Weird take. And inconsistent with GOP history.
that's a weird take, not including SS and Medicare in the welfare state? Sorry, but that's cluelessness on a high level. They are entitlements as I pointed out and described, and some in the GOP might in some instances have had and still have issues with them, but in the minds of most clearheaded people they are not welfare. Welfare is regarded as primarily a one way gift of taxpayer assistance, while...as I pointed out...the entitlements of SS and Medicare are in large part contributed to financially by the beneficiaries.

Oh and besides, I don't think we were talking historically but more currently, if that matters at all to you.

Your 401k went down with the market going up? That's special.
you have a special way of pleading ignorance while trying not to sound ignorant. It doesn't work, BTW. What cave were you sleeping in when the market went down in a big way? No wait, what cave are you pretending to have been sleeping in just so you can spout a pathetically weak comeback?

LMAO. Please point out the question in my post for starters. I see yet another one in yours though. And you are more than welcome to answer it for us. So, what happens? You might start by actually describing the 'deal' in question.

Then point out anything approaching an actual explanation of inflation in yours, and I don't mean that nonsensical Kamala Harris-level drivel about profits.

You are obviously just another know-nothing mouthpiece for the fools who want to inflict us with an even bigger know-nothing version of Joe Biden.

BTW, inflation is the general decrease in how far your money goes toward attaining products and services. Wow, that was easy. And I'm going to answer the second part of that by telling you to simply look at the rate of inflation before Biden took office and then after Biden took office. You know what I'm talking about, that being the comparison you keep ignorantly dancing around. That doesn't specify the causes because they don't need to be specified in order to understand who fvcked up our economy and who didn't.

Don't forget to talk about Biden immediately clamping down on domestic production of fossil fuels after taking office and then quickly having to reverse that policy after the consequences became apparent. And of course you'll want to mention how then the dems wanted to disguise that blunder by pointing out the resulting INcrease in production as if that's what Biden had in mind the whole time.

But if you want to blame it all on Trump's deal with OPEC, you are again welcome to explain how that worked, preferably in some form other than a question about what I think.

That's a lot of words to say- you don't have any idea.

The deal between the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries and its allies will remove nearly 10 million barrels a day from the market through deliberate cuts. In addition, the group is counting involuntary declines in the production of the U.S., Canada, Brazil and several other countries, as companies reduce drilling activity due to low prices and weak demand.

OPEC+ officials, using some creative accounting that also includes output drops in Venezuela, Iran and Libya, which are exempt from making cuts, said that as much as 20 million barrels a day will over time leave the market — 20% of global production.

The cut you are talking about, was a result of trump's policy decisions. He actually bragged about forcing you pay more for gas so he could bail out Russia.

So again, if you cut a deal to remove 20% of the production of something, when the demand for that product goes up... what happens to the price of said item?

I know you have to be close to understanding what actually happened. Now it's the time to admit, you were wrong because you were misled. It's OK. It will only sting for a moment.

Last edited:
That's a lot of words to say- you don't have any idea.

The deal between the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries and its allies will remove nearly 10 million barrels a day from the market through deliberate cuts. In addition, the group is counting involuntary declines in the production of the U.S., Canada, Brazil and several other countries, as companies reduce drilling activity due to low prices and weak demand.

OPEC+ officials, using some creative accounting that also includes output drops in Venezuela, Iran and Libya, which are exempt from making cuts, said that as much as 20 million barrels a day will over time leave the market — 20% of global production.

The cut you are talking about, was a result of trump's policy decisions. He actually bragged about forcing you pay more for gas so he could bail out Russia.

So again, if you cut a deal to remove 20% of the production of something, when the demand for that product goes up... what happens to the price of said item?

I know you have to be close to understanding what actually happened. Now it's the time to admit, you were wrong because you were misled. It's OK. It will only sting a moment.
that's a lot of words that you should have offered to begin with, but you haven't gone far enough with your explanation and you haven't tied it into the inflation we have experienced with Biden, and you haven't addressed Biden and his domestic oil policy.

And he wasn't indicating any bailout of Russia, he was thanking them for their cooperation in keeping OUR domestic oil industry on a healthy basis by disrupting the production war that Saudi Arabia was waging with Russia.

I'm willing to admit I'm wrong when you can specifically show anything I've said to be wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT