ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

what, only 6.1 million? this says almost a billion

"Assistance from FEMA, the Army Corps of Engineers and HUD after Hurricane Matthew totaled more than $914 million, the report said. The HUD disaster grant can be used for housing, economic development, infrastructure, and a few other needs."

Am I reading this wrong? Makes you wonder if there isn't something missing from the '99% less' story. Oh wait, never mind. I just noticed that a notorious TDS victim posted it.

Anyway, some of the people in dire need of assistance might still be waiting for it, not because it wasn't made available but because of NC administrative ineptitude in managing the recovery....according to my article from the always reliable Raleigh News and Disturber..
From the News & Observer article you linked:
Republicans in the legislature have faulted Gov. Roy Cooper, a Democrat, for a slow response in distributing disaster relief money.

Of course they blamed Roy Cooper. After all, that's what Republicans in the General Assembly love doing to this day, but shouldn't they have been blaming Pat McCrory since he was the Governor at the time when critical assistance was needed most? McCrory didn't get much done during his lame-duck session, however, and looking out for the citizens of this state during this catastrophe is a classic example.

What's more, Trump visited Puerto Rico -- remember him comforting residents there by tossing them paper towels? -- but this is what happened when Gov. Cooper invited Trump to visit the state and see for himself the remnants of Hurricane Matthew's widespread destruction:
This weekend, Trump is headed for another awkward hurricane moment, this time in North Carolina. On Saturday, as North Carolina marks the anniversary of Hurricane Matthew, the president will make his first visit to the state since his inauguration in January. But he’s not coming in to see how the recovery is going in Eastern North Carolina. He’s coming to Greensboro for a fundraiser at the home of Louis DeJoy, a Republican mega donor. DeJoy’s wife, Dr. Aldona Wos, led the state Department of Health and Human Services under former Gov. Pat McCrory.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT