ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

what, only 6.1 million? this says almost a billion

"Assistance from FEMA, the Army Corps of Engineers and HUD after Hurricane Matthew totaled more than $914 million, the report said. The HUD disaster grant can be used for housing, economic development, infrastructure, and a few other needs."

Am I reading this wrong? Makes you wonder if there isn't something missing from the '99% less' story. Oh wait, never mind. I just noticed that a notorious TDS victim posted it.

Anyway, some of the people in dire need of assistance might still be waiting for it, not because it wasn't made available but because of NC administrative ineptitude in managing the recovery....according to my article from the always reliable Raleigh News and Disturber..
From the News & Observer article you linked:
Republicans in the legislature have faulted Gov. Roy Cooper, a Democrat, for a slow response in distributing disaster relief money.

Of course they blamed Roy Cooper. After all, that's what Republicans in the General Assembly love doing to this day, but shouldn't they have been blaming Pat McCrory since he was the Governor at the time when critical assistance was needed most? McCrory didn't get much done during his lame-duck session, however, and looking out for the citizens of this state during this catastrophe is a classic example.

What's more, Trump visited Puerto Rico -- remember him comforting residents there by tossing them paper towels? -- but this is what happened when Gov. Cooper invited Trump to visit the state and see for himself the remnants of Hurricane Matthew's widespread destruction:
This weekend, Trump is headed for another awkward hurricane moment, this time in North Carolina. On Saturday, as North Carolina marks the anniversary of Hurricane Matthew, the president will make his first visit to the state since his inauguration in January. But he’s not coming in to see how the recovery is going in Eastern North Carolina. He’s coming to Greensboro for a fundraiser at the home of Louis DeJoy, a Republican mega donor. DeJoy’s wife, Dr. Aldona Wos, led the state Department of Health and Human Services under former Gov. Pat McCrory.

Amid all of Donald Trump's lies about federal relief in the aftermath of Hurricane Helene, here's a reminder of another storm that ravaged part of our state eight years ago:

99 percent of Hurricane Matthew aid requested by NC denied by Trump administration

QGMPVCBJ65G6HAJVOSUVVCQADQ.png

I trust the Dems are hammering this in their ads?

It's just a 2 hour walk to get back. What the hell is the mayor of Coachella supposed to do?

Don't be such a gullible rube. This whole Tweet is a lie. No one was stranded. Isn't it curious that no one seems pissed. It doesn't seem chaotic at all. Man, TDS makes the most reasonable people lose their minds. Not that I would consider you one of the most reasonable people. I was just making a point. I just wanted to clear that up. Thanks.

Don't be such a gullible rube. This whole Tweet is a lie. No one was stranded. Isn't it curious that no one seems pissed. It doesn't seem chaotic at all. Man, TDS makes the most reasonable people lose their minds. Not that I would consider you one of the most reasonable people. I was just making a point. I just wanted to clear that up. Thanks.
Link?

After all, that's what Republicans in the General Assembly love doing to this day, but shouldn't they have been blaming Pat McCrory since he was the Governor at the time when critical assistance was needed most?
well then, I guess you should also mention that obama was president when the hurricane hit, if you're going for that angle..

Trump hadn't even been elected yet. And if you are going to say well, it was too soon for him (obama) to do anything substantial, and it was in Trump's time that work should have been done to get the funding....my article says there was funding and by the time that you speak of, Roy Cooper was governor. That's a fact, Jack, and not something republicans dreamed up. Roy Cooper was blamed for the slow distribution of aid because he was in fact at fault for that. Read the article, it spells it out very clearly. The critical assistance you speak of was critical for a long time under his watch, and like I said, it might STILL be critical for some. You should check into that.

And I personally remember the ridiculousness of the failure to get the funds quickly distributed, I remember the problem being reported for YEARS. People with no home having to wait years for available funding to be handed out. I don't have to depend on any archived journalism, I witnessed the story first hand myself. It Isn't some republicans imagination, it was in fact a travesty.

But I wasn't even trying to make an issue of that, I was just pointing out that NC got almost a billion dollars in aid, not the 6 million that your article talks about. TBH, I'm sure there was some kind of SNAFU about the funding because there often is, but as hinted at, there's probably more to the story if you bother to look. But that wouldn't help your smear none, would it?

So now we go to Puerto Rico to take this off the trail? LOL. Trump didn't come to NC a year after the hurricane hit just to see how things were going? If he had done that, he would have seen that they weren't going so well, wouldn't he, through no fault of his own. PLUS....when the hurricane came through, obama was more concerned with the people of Haiti and the devastation there. HAITI, not our own country. That dem/Haiti connection...sound familiar? Lots of potential dems in Haiti I guess.

Don't be such a gullible rube. This whole Tweet is a lie. No one was stranded.

Trump’s Coachella Rally Went About as Well as You’d Expect

Donald Trump supporters were left stranded in the desert for hours.​

Thousands of Donald Trump’s supporters reportedly found themselves stranded Saturday night after the former president’s rally in Coachella, California.

Attendees were bussed roughly five miles from parking to the venue at Calhoun Ranch, where Trump delivered a rambling 80-minute speech in scorching desert heat, during which several attendees required emergency medical attention.

Who's panicking? Who's in denial?

Heat Exhaustion, Violent Speech, Reports of Missing Shuttles Mar Trump Rally in Coachella

A Saturday evening campaign rally in Coachella by former president Donald Trump was punctuated by extreme heat, violent ideation, and reports of rallygoers stranded miles from their cars after the event ended.

The heat baked attendees at around 100F for hours on end as they waited for Trump to begin speaking, with accounts of multiple instances of heat exhaustion or heat stroke reported.

LMAO. You know I want linkage, I ranted about someone not providing it just recently. But a link to refute a tweet by someone in a group called 'republicans against trump', and posted by that lib larvae Joeydickdougie or whatever his name is? Gimme a break. It practically refutes itself.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT