ADVERTISEMENT

OOTB's Political Thread . ..

This is good stuff. The preacher has a Dodger cap on his head an a UNC Tar Heel basketball jersey under his coat.

This stuff looks way too "cult"-ish for me. But, I'm glad they were allowed to gather and have their presence known and felt.

Rome fell, apparently, because the Romans left Jupiter out of their festivities for too long.
"We plead the blood of Jesus."

Plead the blood?

WTF?

However, I hope Trump wins because, I think... I hope... the outcome will go more smoothly that way. I don't want there to be courtroom fights and mud-slinging, which will lead to culture fights and probably violence. It doesn't matter who wins, it's going to end badly. I'm just hoping for the easiest outcome, with the least amount of division. I believe that Harris will concede if she loses. I know Trump will never concede if he loses. And, I know that his lack of humility, in that regard, will do more damage (long term an short term) to the country's cultural balance.
Meh.

I believe Trump as president again would be significantly worse than merely another tantrum and the denial that goes along with it. Even if this so-called civil war the Trumpies are promising happens, it will likely be short-lived and that's when you might see the military getting involved. It won't last nearly as long as the first Civil War, but it may be just as bloody.
🤞

"We plead the blood of Jesus."

Plead the blood?

WTF?
The pastor at the very end is the best part of that clip. He's pretty direct about the scam and the fact that believing Trump is "sent by God" (in the context of their religious "sent by God") is a total illusion. Goldwater was right when he predicted the GOP being taken over by the tent revival preachers.

nucpa0nebz791.jpg

Reactions: blazers
Meh.

I believe Trump as president again would be significantly worse than merely another tantrum and the denial that goes along with it. Even if this so-called civil war the Trumpies are promising happens, it will likely be short-lived and that's when you might see the military getting involved. It won't last nearly as long as the first Civil War, but it may be just as bloody.
🤞
It's going to end badly, no matter what.

I can't predict what a 2nd Trump term would actually be like, any more than I can predict a Harris term. I don't believe it's going to be "the end of Democracy" if Trump wins. I'd rather Trump win outright, with no suspicions in the counting, etc.. Let it be a clear, runaway victory, if possible.

I'd rather Trump win outright, with no suspicions in the counting, etc.. Let it be a clear, runaway victory, if possible.
But that's conceding to the screaming baby just for some peace and quiet. I don't mind if it gets loud and crazy following the election. In fact, I'm looking forward to it. I'm anxious to see the tough-talking girlie men on this board having their nuts seize up on them when the call comes down to take up arms and go off to war.

Reactions: blazers
But that's conceding to the screaming baby just for some peace and quiet. I don't mind if it gets loud and crazy following the election. In fact, I'm looking forward to it. I'm anxious to see the tough-talking girlie men on this board having their nuts seize up on them when the call comes down to take up arms and go off to war.
That's a lot of tough-talk of your own.

You'll be wishing otherwise if it were to come down to a real, traditional "civil war." The veneer of civilization is paper-thin. If a spark is lit, all bets are off. And, the saddest thing about it would be that, for the most part, Americans have it SO FVCKING EASY! That's what amazes me the most. I could understand it better if the situation was like post-WWI Germany, and people had no national identity and were starving and out-of-work. Americans seem bent on blowing it up from within because they're bored and Tik-Tok isn't distracting them enough.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010

One thing that's true about trump - everything is scam or a grift.

Let's think this one through, why would foreign entities dump $30,000,000 to move a line?

yeah he was great...he almost led us to financial ruin if that's what you call great. He stuck a cigar in a young woman's hoohaw in the oval office if that's what you call great. I could go on and on...and on.
You need to go back and look at the economy when he was in office. This statement makes you look like a fool.

Well... I trust the guy with the Keys. He's got the best prediction model that I've ever seen. It's not a time machine, but I am convinced that he can call them better than anyone else. If I HAD to bet, I'd bet that Harris wins.

However, I hope Trump wins because, I think... I hope... the outcome will go more smoothly that way. I don't want there to be courtroom fights and mud-slinging, which will lead to culture fights and probably violence. It doesn't matter who wins, it's going to end badly. I'm just hoping for the easiest outcome, with the least amount of division. I believe that Harris will concede if she loses. I know Trump will never concede if he loses. And, I know that his lack of humility, in that regard, will do more damage (long term an short term) to the country's cultural balance.
My biggest concern is not Trump winning, which would be bad enough, but the idiots he would put in his cabinet

The polling amongst Latinos must be looking rough for her. Wonder if this will go over better than her opportunity agenda for black men, which she rolled out after her polling there took a dive. Can't go over much worse, that's for sure 🤣
Maybe she's worried about the 6 EC votes from New Mex? That'll wind-up blue anyway.

Due to the Electoral College the latino vote doesn't really matter outside of AZ/Nevada.

SR_24.01.10_hispanic-ev_4.png

Reactions: Heels Noir
You need to go back and look at the economy when he was in office. This statement makes you look like a fool.
Boy Blunder knows better. He's just too stupidly stubborn to admit that a U.S. President from the party he's a member of (yes, @bluetoe is a registered democrat) could do anything to benefit the country, especially the American economy. He's an idiot wrapped in a moron inside a dumbass.

For the last four years, a network of right-wing activists and Trump allies, like Clements, has crisscrossed the country and held thousands of organizing meetings in order to create an army of tens of thousands of community activists to collect proof of alleged fraud for lawsuits or to pressure local election officials to not certify the election. In many places, their efforts have already begun with lawsuits and a flood of information requests.

The training for local activists − held at churches, libraries and civic organizations − largely relies on baseless claims and conspiracy theories that have been debunked in the courts, by fact checkers and independent experts, or by nonpartisan audits.

Thanks goodness NC has a Dem governor and Dem secretary of state. I guess we could wind-up like Georgia 2020 regardless since Kemp and Raferspperger weren't kraken.

PA's Sec State Al Schmidt (a republican) also rejected kracken.

Nevada, AZ, Minn, Wiscy, Mich all have Dem Sec of State and all have Dem Governors except for Nevada's Joe Lombardo.

NC, AZ, Wisconsin and GA (and New Hampshire) are the only states with both legislatures R, the rest are blue or mixed.

If I was a betting man, I'd avoid anything tied to results from GA or AZ.

Whatever. It won't grow into a significant uprising. It will be suppressed long before that happens.
This is where i'm at. I think most of the really bad actor are lone-wolf types. You have some big groups like the Oath Keepers who can get riled up as a group, but if bullets start to fly (like when Ashli Babbit got shot) things are going to fizzle quickly.

I think the cops/nattyguard/whatever are going to be quicker to defend themselves after seeing Maga beat cops with flag-poles.

So i think ugly protests and riots are the extent.

And i'll trade all of the above to keep an authoritarian/totalitarian from ruling this country.

This is where i'm at. I think most of the really bad actor are lone-wolf types. You have some big groups like the Oath Keepers who can get riled up as a group, but if bullets start to fly (like when Ashli Babbit got shot) things are going to fizzle quickly.

I think the cops/nattyguard/whatever are going to be quicker to defend themselves after seeing Maga beat cops with flag-poles.

So i think ugly protests and riots are the extent.

And i'll trade all of the above to keep an authoritarian/totalitarian from ruling this country.
Well said. I couldn't agree more.

I believe the number of incarcerated "hostages" will grow.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT