ADVERTISEMENT

Other games Week 9

WoadBlue

Hall of Famer
Aug 15, 2008
The fighting Wufs host the squawking Gobblers tonight. It could prove to be a very ugly 9-6 type game.

Punting contest.

Whose idea was it to put tire treads on the shoulders of the moo uniforms??? One of the dumbest looking things I've ever seen on a sports uniform.

I'm stunned. VT would have had a TD pass on opening possession of 2nd half but Moo interfered. Then QB ran it in.

7-3 VT

VT has about 27 false start penalties! lol
I think it was 10, which sure seemed like 27. Those penalties alone killed their offense every time in the 2nd half they did not score.

The Moo freshman QB ended up playing well enough for them to win. But that Hokie D is not close to what that team had even just 3 years ago. It has no depth, and no stars certain to make an NFL roster. The Moo WRs were open the entire second half, and the QB often had all day to throw.

I think it was 10, which sure seemed like 27. Those penalties alone killed their offense every time in the 2nd half they did not score.

The Moo freshman QB ended up playing well enough for them to win. But that Hokie D is not close to what that team had even just 3 years ago. It has no depth, and no stars certain to make an NFL roster. The Moo WRs were open the entire second half, and the QB often had all day to throw.
Entertaining second-half.

Moo qb had to scramble a few times actually, but he's slippery. I see him rushing for lots of yards on us. Hopefully his arm is off that day or he will find Thayer for a ton of yards and 1st downs. As usual, I predict a shootout.

Entertaining second-half.

Moo qb had to scramble a few times actually, but he's slippery. I see him rushing for lots of yards on us. Hopefully his arm is off that day or he will find Thayer for a ton of yards and 1st downs. As usual, I predict a shootout.
Thayer Thomas, who was a walk on, runs very precise and tough routes. He fights off DBs to make catches. He could own our weak, poorly coached CBs.

VT is in trouble. I'd say there's maybe three or four guys on that entire roster that I'd take. Coaches learning on the job. That could end up being an 8-10 year turnaround if they don't get it together.

VT is in trouble. I'd say there's maybe three or four guys on that entire roster that I'd take. Coaches learning on the job. That could end up being an 8-10 year turnaround if they don't get it together.
Coaches learning on the job makes it all worse for the program. VT needed to hire a proven, winning HC. Even then he'd have needed to rebuild a roster totally.

Reactions: -COUNTRY-CLUB-JOE-
3-4 GT at 4-3 FSU. Huge game for each program. GT looks much sharper under the Interim HC and could make a bowl. FSU clearly is improved but still not playing consistently to the level of its talent.

ND leads Cause 21-7 to start 2nd Half. ND OL just pushing Cuse Front 4 off the LOS, and ND RBs are churning up steady yards.

Big opportunity to climb the rankings if the Heels come out and make a statement today. At least 3 or 4 teams ranked ahead of us could end up losing today.

ND winning by 21 on the road against the #16 team in the country. Not as bad as people thought.
That is Syracuse losing. Syracuse is overhanded, and worse, starting QB went down.

Surely you do not think the 2022 ND team is anything like a truly good ND team.

Lord this va and Miami game is a struggle to watch unless you love defense
UVA offense last year was super hard to slow down. This year it sucks, with the same QB.

This year's Miami offense has never gotten on track. I think coaching changes have hampered both schools' offenses, and injuries at Miami also have hurt.

FSU today - 1st time with 600 yards offense since 2016. The Notes may be turning the corner back to high quality play.

That is Syracuse losing. Syracuse is overhanded, and worse, starting QB went down.

Surely you do not think the 2022 ND team is anything like a truly good ND team.
Cuse hasn't been run on like that all year, 246 rushing yards for the Irish. The starting QB had 35 yards passing on 14 attempts with a pick prior to getting injured.

This ND team, sans QB, is your usual ND team. TE is elite, 1st round Edge rusher, top 5 IOL in Patterson, top 5 S in the country in Joseph. Problem is their #1 WR going down before the season and below average QB. Don't be shocked if they knock off Clemson next week. And don't call me Shirley.

Last edited:
UVA offense last year was super hard to slow down. This year it sucks, with the same QB.

This year's Miami offense has never gotten on track. I think coaching changes have hampered both schools' offenses, and injuries at Miami also have hurt.
I thought Miami made a splash hire with their OC? Before the injuries, TVD looked bad under the new offense.

Louisville pass pressure, including blitzing, is working. Wake passing game is unsettled.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT