ADVERTISEMENT

Pinson just a few minutes on the 2nd half came up big

IDUNK4HEELS

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 25, 2004
kernersville nc
I cannot be the only person that noticed Pinson came out in the first minure of the second half in favor of Cam Johnson and never came back into the contest until there,was only about 3 minutes to go but in crunch time he came up big. With Carolina trailing by four late Theo went hard to the hoop and made a Majic Johnson type wrap around pass to Maye to narrow the score to 69-67. Next time down Theo again went hard to the hole and got fouled where he hit two clutch free throws to the the game at 69-69. Pinson fouled Moore when Wake next had the ball and the big man for the Deacons who was o for 2 up to that point Choked big time which set up Berry s game winning runner..
After that circus followup shot by Pinson in the first half late which resulted in Theo landed hard on his hip I was surprised he could play at all in the second half but he did get in late in the game and was clutch when the contest was still in doubt. Theo will never be a stat stuffer but no one will ever doubt his work ethics or his winning attitude.

Love that dude! He's been money at the line in crunch time. And he shoots over 80% FT, which blows me away considering how bad his jumper looks.

Also, I had no idea his full name was... Theophilus

Reactions: Archer2
Any word on a potential injury? He took a nasty fall in the first half.

Theo's jump shot is bad due to balance. Same stroke as his free throw if he wouldn't lean back, his percentage would improve drastically. Bet the staff has tried to beat it out of him but he just gravitates back to it. Watch him sometime. If he shoots and carries forward, he typically makes it. Leans back and it doesn't have a chance.

He didn't go out at beginning of second half in favor of Cam. On our first possession of 2nd half, he took hard elbow to the head. On the ensuing defensive side, he was asking to come out. He was taken into locker room to be evaluated. We are lucky he was able to come back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT