ADVERTISEMENT

PJ Washington OV

Also agreed. He'll get to walk the blue carpet tomorrow night (literally) and many of their current NBA alums plan to be there along with drake most likely and then their spectacle that is put on. He may wait til December/January to announce but I'd guess he is going to UK.

And The interview was UK slanted but you can't deny how his face lit up talking about them.

Reactions: carolinablue34
Yeah those who say "watch what they do" if you agree with that sentiment you'd have to say U.K. Is way out in front unfortunately. I know he says all 3 are even but... yeah.

UK has got star power in the NBA. And that speaks to kids. The fact that our best player in the league is Harrison Barnes, who's just a solid role player at this point doesn't do us any favors.

Look at Wall, Cousins, Davis, and KAT. They're either stars or they're going to be. We don't have a player of that caliber currently in the NBA. That's partially the reason why you see the OADs going to our rivals. We didn't facilitate that mentality, but we also had the scandal which didn't help at all.

In years past, PJ might have been ours. But I concur with the two posters above, in that PJ is going to get the red carpet treatment from Kentucky, along with their stars being there, and will be all that they need to lock him in. It's just the way things are at the moment.

Wasn't Drake hit with a cease and desist letter from Kentucky?

Last I heard, he's been cozying up to the new boys in Durham. Talk about Bandwagon :rolleyes:

It's tough to say with PJ at this point. Never felt that he was ours to lose, and I don't necessarily worry about the BBM visit. Like said, it was already planned in July. And let's be honest, BBM is just one big party. Can't blame kids for wanting to check it out.

But two things stand out to me right now:

• You can tell from that UK-esque report video that this process is becoming a pain for him. And I imagine that's why he cancelled the Texas + Unscheduled 5th visit to get this wrapped up ASAP.

• His dad originally said that he had to do all of the visits before making a decision.

That says to me: if he is indeed a lock for UK as perceived, why not just cancel both the Zona and Texas visits and just go ahead and commit? Or at least start planning decision dates. Courtesy? Not likely. Hype/Media attention? Neither he nor his dad have painted themselves as those kinds of people. Hell, his dad has his social media on private.

Makes me think he may be telling the truth about still being open to all schools

JMO

It's tough to say with PJ at this point. Never felt that he was ours to lose, and I don't necessarily worry about the BBM visit. Like said, it was already planned in July. And let's be honest, BBM is just one big party. Can't blame kids for wanting to check it out.

• You can tell from that UK-esque report video that this process is becoming a pain for him. And I imagine that's why he cancelled the Texas + Unscheduled 5th visit to get this wrapped up ASAP.

• His dad originally said that he had to do all of the visits before making a decision.

That says to me: if he is indeed a lock for UK as perceived, why not just cancel both the Zona and Texas visits and just go ahead and commit? Or at least start planning decision dates. Courtesy? Not likely. Hype/Media attention? Neither he nor his dad have painted themselves as those kinds of people. Hell, his dad has his social media on private.

Makes me think he may be telling the truth about still being open to all schools

JMO

Rose, i was thinking the same thing. Pjs father said hes sick of traveling, and if he is going to UK then why visiy Arizona next week? I know i know, to soak in all the recruiting fun. Then why cut your list to three and not take your 5th OV? The thing is, PJ and his family dont seem like the attention type. If he cancels is OV to Arizona, then i will say he is definitely going to UK. If he doesnt. I stand by my thought that if he is commiting in December/January, we got this. With all the potential returners at UK im not sure he commits to them before spring. JMO. Does anyone commit.to UK before spring?

UK has got star power in the NBA. And that speaks to kids. The fact that our best player in the league is Harrison Barnes, who's just a solid role player at this point doesn't do us any favors.

Look at Wall, Cousins, Davis, and KAT. They're either stars or they're going to be. We don't have a player of that caliber currently in the NBA. That's partially the reason why you see the OADs going to our rivals. We didn't facilitate that mentality, but we also had the scandal which didn't help at all.

In years past, PJ might have been ours. But I concur with the two posters above, in that PJ is going to get the red carpet treatment from Kentucky, along with their stars being there, and will be all that they need to lock him in. It's just the way things are at the moment.

Agreed. This is why I don't really understand when people say they don't care about the NBA success that our program produces. It directly correlates back to recruits we get. It's somewhat cyclical - we don't get OAD talent, so we don't have star power in the NBA, so we don't get OAD talent, so we don't have star power in the NBA, etc. We need to buck that trend either by landing top talent, or by some of our under the radar talent blowing up in the NBA. I think the former is the easier route.

You have to sell development of Brice, even though some say he's one and done..1st team All American--playing time and I can't remember the last time Cal has truly developed a player like Roy did with Brice. Half of Cal's kids end up in D-league

I agree that Roy does a great job developing kids. Definitely better than Cal. But top 20 recruits, recruits that will be stars in the NBA, don't give two craps about Roy's success with 4 year players because they only plan on being here for a year. 2 years at the most.

JMO
Word is Texas pulled out because they came to the conclusion that they were wasting their time.

You have to sell development of Brice, even though some say he's one and done..1st team All American--playing time and I can't remember the last time Cal has truly developed a player like Roy did with Brice. Half of Cal's kids end up in D-league
I would say Cal did a pretty good job with Willie Cauley-Stein, he was ranked somewhere in the 40's, stayed 3 years and became an All-American. But you can also throw out a handful of other recruits that came in highly ranked and didn't pan out as lottery picks like the Harrisons.

Rose, i was thinking the same thing. Pjs father said hes sick of traveling, and if he is going to UK then why visiy Arizona next week? I know i know, to soak in all the recruiting fun. Then why cut your list to three and not take your 5th OV? The thing is, PJ and his family dont seem like the attention type. If he cancels is OV to Arizona, then i will say he is definitely going to UK. If he doesnt. I stand by my thought that if he is commiting in December/January, we got this. With all the potential returners at UK im not sure he commits to them before spring. JMO. Does anyone commit.to UK before spring?
Think this is the first year U.K. Does not have any commitments before their late night event since Calipari has been there

Think this is the first year U.K. Does not have any commitments before their late night event since Calipari has been there

Top 15 recruits? Not questioning you, but it seems the tops guys commit late to UK. Last year Fox, Monk and Bam Bam were spring commits i believe.

Not that I'm giving any indication of wear PJ Washington will end up, but to give you an idea how much jackets mean, at last weekends USA Camp Wendell Carter Jr's parents both walked in to the Sunday morning session wearing Harvard jackets.

If you take that to mean he's going to Harvard, then well....

JMO
He is. There is no "lock" unless something changes rapidly. Hell, his recent interview with Clint was pretty damned positive for UNC --- in fact, if I was a uk fan that would have been unsettling.. It's all in how folks spin it. The uk machine of course spins the lock thing.

AZ is loading up in this class and will be selling him on an immediate Natty run (good luck with that), uk always sells the NBA pipeline thing (but he said "I feel like I can get to the NBA from anywhere"), and UNC will sell a spot in a program that develops players where he will have a chance to be part of an actual team. In the uk homer video he talked about Fox and Bam joking about him reclassifying --- and that's the thing --- neither of them (nor Monk) will be there if/when he gets there. Calipari will be starting over yet again.

He may pick uk, and I'm worried about that skeezer Miller and AZ, but he also might pick UNC. This ain't a done deal.

Not that I'm giving any indication of wear PJ Washington will end up, but to give you an idea how much jackets mean, at last weekends USA Camp Wendell Carter Jr's parents both walked in to the Sunday morning session wearing Harvard jackets.

If you take that to mean he's going to Harvard, then well....
Now wouldn't that just be a kick in the head?.... ;)

Would be interesting to know who set up the meeting. He just visited so you'd think it's a good sign especially if pj asked for it. Just have to wait and see.

Well I hope it's good news and not a wasted trip for Coach Williams. Hell if he's not coming he could have told him over the phone, text, Skype, facetime or twitter.

Well I hope it's good news and not a wasted trip for Coach Williams. Hell if he's not coming he could have told him over the phone, text, Skype, facetime or twitter.

Well I really really doubt he'd have him fly out there to tell him he's not interested. He seems like a classy young man. Unless we find out something very strange, I'm cautiously taking this as a huge positive if indeed Roy went.

Reactions: CarolinaBlue5

I don't think the kid or his dad would have had Roy fly to Vegas just to tell him no and I honestly do not think Roy would have elected to fly out to Vegas having been told no and look to try to change the kid's mind. I believe the more likely is Roy wanted to take the kid's temp in person, make sure the kid understands how badly Roy wants him face to face. I do not see a down side to this, maybe PJ wants to know how hot Roy is for Vanderbilt and does not want Vanderbilt to take his spot?

I really do not see a down side to this.

Reactions: alabamaheel
I don't think the kid or his dad would have had Roy fly to Vegas just to tell him no and I honestly do not think Roy would have elected to fly out to Vegas having been told no and look to try to change the kid's mind. I believe the more likely is Roy wanted to take the kid's temp in person, make sure the kid understands how badly Roy wants him face to face. I do not see a down side to this, maybe PJ wants to know how hot Roy is for Vanderbilt and does not want Vanderbilt to take his spot?

I really do not see a down side to this.
I agree Dave. I believe Roy called and said I'm coming. Would be awesome if they had contacted him, and that could be the case. #getemroy. Do that thing that you do!!!

Good news Roy is out there today. Payne from Kentucky is also out in Vegas to meet with Washington. It's going to be a battle and I am sure Roy is up for it

Top 15 recruits? Not questioning you, but it seems the tops guys commit late to UK. Last year Fox, Monk and Bam Bam were spring commits i believe.
No last year all 5 commits were in the fall signing. Year before Skal, Isaac, and Isaiah were also fall. 2014 Trey, Tyler, Devin were all before fall signing and Karl was in December.

No last year all 5 commits were in the fall signing. Year before Skal, Isaac, and Isaiah were also fall. 2014 Trey, Tyler, Devin were all before fall signing and Karl was in December.

Your right. Im not sure why i though they signed in the spring

Not looking good for PJ. A whole lotta ky on his twitter. I'm as positive as anybody, but ol Roy better be at the Vanderbilt res. BTW I hate ky

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT