ADVERTISEMENT

Poast your favorite tweets here

My wife has an uncle that’s retired from nasa. He told me over the holidays that they believe they will find signs of life or extinct life on this mission. Prob in the form of some microscopic organisms. Yuge if true.

I guess there are no outtakes or bloopers for this:
Wow this is crazy. I would pass out from fear and die, I will admit. So many things that could go wrong....drift a bit or get into an air pocket and be sliced and diced by the propeller, crush yourself against the side of the plane, hit the side of the mountain, etc. I assume these suits aren't enough like a parachute that you could land on any surface with them and live.

It immediately made me think of a James Bond movie or a Mission Impossible movie. Very cool. Big kahunas on these guys.

ETA: come to think of it, though they don't look like they have them on, I wonder if these guys have some sort of parachute on, or if they could be provided one thrown out of the airplane, if things went bad, too quickly. Hard to imagine putting your whole life in a single, super-risky "one and done" chance at life or death, with no backup plan to survive.

Last edited:
I guess there are no outtakes or bloopers for this:
That's crazy, but awesome when it works out like that. You're right on there being no outtakes on something like this. It reminds me of a video I saw awhile back where two guys wearing the wing suits jumped out of plane and as they approached a canyon have one fly over a bridge and one under it. The one under it was fine, but the one that tried to go over it didn't quite get all the way over it. Splat.

That's crazy, but awesome when it works out like that. You're right on there being no outtakes on something like this. It reminds me of a video I saw awhile back where two guys wearing the wing suits jumped out of plane and as they approached a canyon have one fly over a bridge and one under it. The one under it was fine, but the one that tried to go over it didn't quite get all the way over it. Splat.
I saw that. The guy was rippin' when he met the bridge. Sliced and diced.

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
is that what’s happening?
I wonder how it compares to past year's sales around this time. I would think sales normally get a little bump because of it being a week long thing at school with a lot of book fairs. I'm guessing there's a larger bump than normal, but not as much of an increase as there was with that mexican company. Can't remember the name of it.

I wonder how it compares to past year's sales around this time. I would think sales normally get a little bump because of it being a week long thing at school with a lot of book fairs. I'm guessing there's a larger bump than normal, but not as much of an increase as there was with that mexican company. Can't remember the name of it.

the more maga nation floods the publisher with money for Seuss books the more it profits the people who decided to pull the plug on the books in question. Lol

Dr seuss company made the call to cease publication of the books in question. They’re a division of the publishing company and get royalties on the books sold.

Dr. Seuss, under pressure from the soft left with their fragile feelings, made the call to cease publication of the books in question.

I take it that you find it funny or the misunderstood definition of "ironic" that MAGA is buying the books and feeding the coffers of the company that pulled it. However, MAGA (or just generally people that don't wilt to the faggity, soft feelings of continuous victims) is not purchasing the books to help the company make money. I suspect they don't care about that. They're purchasing the books so that they don't fall out of circulation and those great stories - despite the great pain they have caused so many Americans - can live on. I know I just broke out To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street over the weekend.

Dr. Seuss, under pressure from the soft left with their fragile feelings, made the call to cease publication of the books in question.

I take it that you find it funny or the misunderstood definition of "ironic" that MAGA is buying the books and feeding the coffers of the company that pulled it. However, MAGA (or just generally people that don't wilt to the faggity, soft feelings of continuous victims) is not purchasing the books to help the company make money. I suspect they don't care about that. They're purchasing the books so that they don't fall out of circulation and those great stories - despite the great pain they have caused so many Americans - can live on. I know I just broke out To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street over the weekend.

yes it’s funny. Be sure and buy plenty

I think it was probably a brilliant marketing ploy by the Seuss company. Sacrifice 6 books, obviously not the top titles in the collection (Cat in the Hat, Green Eggs & Ham, etc.) and then leverage all the press the Wokies would give it. Free marketing for the rest of the collection, all because people love to be offended, it's genius.

Reactions: blazers
I read somewhere that the twitter cancel mob was partly made up of bots. Not sure if that's true or some kind of conspiracy theory, but it would make sense to me. Some of the stuff they are trying to get rid of is nuts. It's not just things like these books, it's all kinds of stuff. Even some left wing people have said it's ridiculous. And as if on cue, the mob comes after them.

I think it was probably a brilliant marketing ploy by the Seuss company. Sacrifice 6 books, obviously not the top titles in the collection (Cat in the Hat, Green Eggs & Ham, etc.) and then leverage all the press the Wokies would give it. Free marketing for the rest of the collection, all because people love to be offended, it's genius.

Right. The wokies are too dumb to ever realize that all their crying about things has the exact opposite effect of what they desire.

Keep on sheepin'.

bigger snowflakes: the people offended by Harry Potter or those offended by dr Seuss?
I figured they'd be the same people - just finding whatever it is they can to try to be offended about. Are they not?

I don't think these people are even snowflakes, because you need to actually be offended by something to be a snowflake. I think they just claim to be offended because it's fun for them (which I can certainly see that angle, and the cynic in me respects that to an extent, but just call it what it is).

The USA is the leader in enabling victimization. The adults finally need to stand up and say, "no one cares that any of you are offended."

Reactions: heelmanwilm
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT