ADVERTISEMENT

Poast your favorite tweets here

I think it was probably a brilliant marketing ploy by the Seuss company. Sacrifice 6 books, obviously not the top titles in the collection (Cat in the Hat, Green Eggs & Ham, etc.) and then leverage all the press the Wokies would give it. Free marketing for the rest of the collection, all because people love to be offended, it's genius.
200 IQ move by them for sure. I haven't seen Jeep "Cherokee" sales flying off the handle, but who is next?

I'm going to buy stock in starbucks before they change "black coffee" to "plain coffee". SBUX to the moon!

Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
200 IQ move by them for sure. I haven't seen Jeep "Cherokee" sales flying off the handle, but who is next?

I'm going to buy stock in starbucks before they change "black coffee" to "plain coffee". SBUX to the moon!

This comment would give the impression that you believe cancel culture is a detriment to our society. But that can't be true. You're here defending it at other times. Where do you stand? I'm guessing that you will attempt to minimize it and say it's not a big deal rather than being a grown up and helping put a stop to it.

Reactions: uncfootball-
You're on to something there. Starbucks changes ordering coffee "black" to ordering it "flesh". Sort of full circle from the Crayola "flesh" colored crayon fiasco awhile back.

Their marketing team would be rubbing one out for months at the opportunity to be that Woke As Fvck.

coffee "black"

tumblr_p9wjohMLye1qc4j4wo1_1280.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: tarheel0910
You're on to something there. Starbucks changes ordering coffee "black" to ordering it "flesh". Sort of full circle from the Crayola "flesh" colored crayon fiasco awhile back.

Their marketing team would be rubbing one out for months at the opportunity to be that Woke As Fvck.
SBUX also has a flat white that could piss off non-white people who are body-shaming sensitive people.

Get the attention of the tarheel0910's bot farm into this asap. Just put in my limit order.

• Haha
Reactions: Hark_The_Sound_2010
This comment would give the impression that you believe cancel culture is a detriment to our society. But that can't be true. You're here defending it at other times. Where do you stand? I'm guessing that you will attempt to minimize it and say it's not a big deal rather than being a grown up and helping put a stop to it.
I can't even define cancel culture, so i certainly haven't defended it. It is #meToo movement gone to far? People getting fired for being assholes? Twitter suspension? Some call it internet bullying. Statue removal? Is it bigtech censorship? These things are all drastically different.

I think it was dumb for Rep Jordan to bring "cancel culture" generically to congress as something for review or hearing or whatever since there are specific issues and problems that are bigger than all the above (even put together somehow into a bucket).

I can't even define cancel culture, so i certainly haven't defended it. It is #meToo movement gone to far?
Yes

People getting fired for being assholes?

Yes

Twitter suspension?

Yes

Statue removal?

Yes

Is it bigtech censorship?

Yes

I think it was dumb for Rep Jordan to bring "cancel culture" generically to congress as something for review or hearing or whatever since there are specific issues and problems that I find to be bigger than all the above (even put together somehow into a bucket).

FIFY

It is pretty funny when right wing nut jobs like Jordan lose their minds over cancel culture when it’s been right wing nut jobs just like him“canceling culture” for decades. Cuts both ways.

SBUX also has a flat white that could piss off non-white people who are body-shaming sensitive people.

Get the attention of the tarheel0910's bot farm into this asap. Just put in my limit order.
Well, like I said, it could just be some crazy conspiracy theory. I didn't really research it. Bots are a pretty big issue in social media and music apps though. They manipulate everything from music streaming numbers to presidential elections. If they can help get Tekashi 69 a hit song, Shirley they can get some hashtag about cancelling someone trending.

It is pretty funny when right wing nut jobs like Jordan lose their minds over cancel culture when it’s been right wing nut jobs just like him“canceling culture” for decades. Cuts both ways.
It's funny that people give up their free time to do this crap. Boycotts almost always fail and in many cases backfire completely. I get a good laugh about it when I put on my Nike shoes to go to the store and pick up my Goya beans, then stop by chick-fil-a on my way home to read a Dr Seuss book to my kids.

• Haha
Reactions: heelmanwilm
Well, like I said, it could just be some crazy conspiracy theory. I didn't really research it. Bots are a pretty big issue in social media and music apps though. They manipulate everything from music streaming numbers to presidential elections. If they can help get Tekashi 69 a hit song, Shirley they can get some hashtag about cancelling someone trending.
I believe it. The % estimates around fake social media accounts are crazy.

i mentioned one in here yesterday. If you’re really that ignorant of other examples feel free to google

What is the one you mentioned yesterday. I scrolled through the thread quickly and didn't see it.

What would I Google? Like, what exact phrase would I type in? "things that right wing nut jobs have had canceled"?

Our dialogue would go much better if you were more direct instead of speaking in vague terms. @blazers does the same thing. Not sure why.

What is the one you mentioned yesterday. I scrolled through the thread quickly and didn't see it.

What would I Google? Like, what exact phrase would I type in? "things that right wing nut jobs have had canceled"?

Our dialogue would go much better if you were more direct instead of speaking in vague terms. @blazers does the same thing. Not sure why.

i ain’t your fuking secretary and I don’t give a rats ass about dialogue. If you genuinely want the info it’s there. But truth is you already know examples but you’re feigning ignorance for the purpose of trolling. If you’re really so ignorant as to claim the rw hasn’t practiced cancel culture then....”keep on sheepin”

Last edited:
i ain’t your fuking secretary and I don’t give a rats ass about dialogue. If you genuinely want the info it’s there. If you’re really so ignorant as to claim the rw hasn’t practiced cancel culture then....”keep on sheepin”

I think the reason you're not being direct is because you're full of shit. I pressed you on it and you don't have an answer. That's what I thought. But don't take it personal. It happens to @blazers all the time too.

I think the reason you're not being direct is because you're full of shit. I pressed you on it and you don't have an answer. That's what I thought. But don't take it personal. It happens to @blazers all the time too.

when I take it personal I’ll threaten to drive to where you live and shoot you in the face. I’ve heard that’s what happens when you’re full of shit and get called out for it.

Last edited:
when I take it personal I’ll threaten to drive to where you live and shoot you in the face. I’ve heard that’s what happens when you’re full of shit

This is like the 3rd time you've referenced this. Did I threaten to do that or something? I doubt it. I think I'd need to see proof before I believed you. See, I generally don't believe much of anything you poast here. No offense, of course. I just kind of feel like all these wild stories you tell are bullshit. Complete fabrications. It's ok. I don't really care. It's an online persona. You can make it anything you want. But I don't have to believe it.

ETA - it does sound like something I'd say though. I'll give you that.

This is like the 3rd time you've referenced this. Did I threaten to do that or something? I doubt it. I think I'd need to see proof before I believed you. See, I generally don't believe much of anything you poast here. No offense, of course. I just kind of feel like all these wild stories you tell are bullshit. Complete fabrications. It's ok. I don't really care. It's an online persona. You can make it anything you want. But I don't have to believe it.

ETA - it does sound like something I'd say though. I'll give you that.

It’s the second time and yea...it happened. Obviously i would never take any threat from you seriously. Just the opposite. I just enjoy reminding you of hitting social media rock bottom in such a manner. And I don’t believe you when you claim you don’t remember. Just as I don’t believe you when you claim you don’t know any examples of rw cancel culture. Complete fabrications on your part. But I don’t care either.

@gunslingerdick
Based on all your "YES" above it sounds like you have a broad definition of "cancel culture", that's fine. It sounds like you are saying "cancel culture" is any time someone shames & silences someone/something because they didn't like what that person/group said or what they represent. Is that right, and if so, then why are you asking for an example of a conservative doing this?

Last edited:
@gunslingerdick
Based on all your "YES" above it sounds like you have a broad definition of "cancel culture", that's fine. It sounds like you are saying "cancel culture" is any time someone shames & silences someone/something because they didn't like what that person/group said or what they represent. Is that right, and if so, then why are you asking for an example of a conservative doing this?
It’s only bad when the left does it. It’s called “sheepin”

It's funny that people give up their free time to do this crap. Boycotts almost always fail and in many cases backfire completely. I get a good laugh about it when I put on my Nike shoes to go to the store and pick up my Goya beans, then stop by chick-fil-a on my way home to read a Dr Seuss book to my kids.

I have not had any Nike products for I'd guess the past 20 years. Just don't care for the company so I dont buy from them. I don't go on social media and try to convince others not to buy Nike. Seems both I and Nike are doing quite well with this arrangement.

I have not had any Nike products for I'd guess the past 20 years. Just don't care for the company so I dont buy from them. I don't go on social media and try to convince others not to buy Nike. Seems both I and Nike are doing quite well with this arrangement.
I just mentioned Nike because there was a movement to "cancel" them because of their support for Kap. Of course it completely backfired and nike sales went up. Protests just don't work 99% of the time when it comes to boycotting products/companies.

@gunslingerdick

Shames? No. Silences? Yes. Attempts to have someone fired? Yes. Attempts to hurt someone financially? Yes. Frankly, I don't care if some weak minded person that gets offended by a company wants to stop buying that company's product. What I think is absurd is people using a platform to tell others how they too should be offended and encourages others to join in the attempts to hurt someone financially, etc. One person doing what they want to do doesn't bother me. One person attempting to "rally the troops in their same effort" bothers me.

And yes, I still need examples of "right wing nut jobs" doing this.

It’s the second time and yea...it happened. Obviously i would never take any threat from you seriously. Just the opposite. I just enjoy reminding you of hitting social media rock bottom in such a manner. And I don’t believe you when you claim you don’t remember. Just as I don’t believe you when you claim you don’t know any examples of rw cancel culture. Complete fabrications on your part. But I don’t care either.

So what I'm reading here is that (1) you have no proof of me threatening you and (2) you have no proof of "right wing nut jobs" canceling something.

That's cool. That's what I thought all along. But I'm content to have you own up to it.

So what I'm reading here is that (1) you have no proof of me threatening you and (2) you have no proof of "right wing nut jobs" canceling something.

That's cool. That's what I thought all along. But I'm content to have you own up to it.

well Your reading comprehension is as bad as your memory. But what you should read into it is that I’m not gonna bother proving anything to you because you’ve proven time after time after time in here that you’re totally incapable of being objective Concerning your fellow right wing nut jobs

well Your reading comprehension is as bad as your memory. But what you should read into it is that I’m not gonna bother proving anything to you because you’ve proven time after time after time in here that you’re totally incapable of being objective Concerning your fellow right wing nut jobs

So it's still a "no", you don't have any proof? Thanks for confirming.

Shames? No. Silences? Yes. Attempts to have someone fired? Yes. Attempts to hurt someone financially? Yes. Frankly, I don't care if some weak minded person that gets offended by a company wants to stop buying that company's product. What I think is absurd is people using a platform to tell others how they too should be offended and encourages others to join in the attempts to hurt someone financially, etc. One person doing what they want to do doesn't bother me. One person attempting to "rally the troops in their same effort" bothers me.

And yes, I still need examples of "right wing nut jobs" doing this.
I don't think there was much troop-rallying in many of the things being discussed nationally as examples of cancel culture and even some of the things you've complained about. So again, this "topic" is hard to categorize in my opinion. But whatever.

Anyway, so are you just asking for examples of when conservatives with a platform troop-rallied to boycott a thing or person (or have them fired/demoted/not promoted)?

Anyway, so are you just asking for examples of when conservatives with a platform troop-rallied to boycott a thing or person (or have them fired/demoted/not promoted)?

Yes. That's what I'm asking for. And for the record, I never said it didn't happen. I just wanted to see it. And secondly, while I'm sure you will be able to find something, is it your opinion that the right engages in cancel culture anywhere close to the level in which the left does it? That last part is a simple "yes"/"no" question.

So you’re still a rw nut job incapable of objective reasoning. Thanks for confirming

I am admittedly a Roy Williams nut. I love that guy. But he won't be around forever. I'll have to learn to love again.

But I suspect that long after Roy is gone, you'll still be fabricating these wild accounts of your interactions with fictitious right wing nut jobs.

Yes. That's what I'm asking for. And for the record, I never said it didn't happen. I just wanted to see it. And secondly, while I'm sure you will be able to find something, is it your opinion that the right engages in cancel culture anywhere close to the level in which the left does it? That last part is a simple "yes"/"no" question.

Oh so you don’t deny it happens you “just want to see it”? Lol!!!! Just to be clear on what you need to know, yes the left has the upper hand in amount of current culture canceling. No argument there at all. But the right has been canceling culture for DECADES prior and they still have a death grip on the title. Maybe if the left keeps this up for say...fifty years or so...they’ll catch up

Oh so now you “admit it happens” ? Lol!!! But you “just want to see it”? Now why would that be? Just to be clear on what you need to know, yes the left has the upper hand in amount of current culture canceling. No argument there at all. But the right has been canceling culture for DECADES prior and they still have a death grip on the title. Maybe if the left keeps this up for say...fifty years or so...they’ll catch up
*cancelling

Oh so you don’t deny it happens you “just want to see it”? Lol!!!! Just to be clear on what you need to know, yes the left has the upper hand in amount of current culture canceling. No argument there at all. But the right has been canceling culture for DECADES prior and they still have a death grip on the title. Maybe if the left keeps this up for say...fifty years or so...they’ll catch up

What has the right been canceling for decades?

Looks like we're back to square 1.

ADVERTISEMENT