ADVERTISEMENT

Prayer please for WNC

alabamaheel

All-American
Jan 27, 2015
Red Bay AL
Hey guys, I’m trying to get the word out as most of you probably know Swannanoa and Asheville were hit pretty hard with rain and the last little bit. I’m sure other places were hit also. I’m selfishly asking for prayer for my parents who are elderly who just lost everything and their house that they built over 50 years ago. Everybody made it out OK but they’re a lot of people and a lot of businesses that’s going to struggle. Prayers are appreciated. Thanks.

May the grace of God pour over the whole community! There is nothing beyond the power of God who grants us peace in the face of trouble and guarantees victory for the true believers! God never puts more on our shoulders than we can bear so if we feel trouble is overwhelming, we just need to know that God knows us better than we know ourselves! I pray that people's lives are restored, and that the community just becomes closer as a result!

Is there a support number for the area? I have an acquaintance who has a family member in the area they haven't been able to reach for 2 days now, and they are concerned and wanted to reach out to try and get help or a wellness check. This is Asheville.

Thanks.

Is there a support number for the area? I have an acquaintance who has a family member in the area they haven't been able to reach for 2 days now, and they are concerned and wanted to reach out to try and get help or a wellness check. This is Asheville.

Thanks.
There is a fb page called FRIENDS OF SWANNANOA that a lot of people are posting on county wide. A lot of people not heard from yet.

I live outside of Asheville in Candler...never experienced a storm live this in my 71 years..yeah it wasn't a cat 2 hurricane, but the destruction and property damage is indescribable. We left our home after the water went out Sunday Buncombe Madison and other counties have bee devastated.....the loss of life is heartbreaking and tragic...the shops and stores next to Chimney Rock are all gone. Washed away into Lake Lure...which is one mass pile of debris. This will take years to clean up...we are in Salisbury st a hotel and plan to return Thu...Most of nc is a disaster are west of charlotte

Thankful to have our home intact...thousands cannot say tye same. I PRAY for Al who lost their lives homes businesses and way of life

I live outside of Asheville in Candler...never experienced a storm live this in my 71 years..yeah it wasn't a cat 2 hurricane, but the destruction and property damage is indescribable. We left our home after the water went out Sunday Buncombe Madison and other counties have bee devastated.....the loss of life is heartbreaking and tragic...the shops and stores next to Chimney Rock are all gone. Washed away into Lake Lure...which is one mass pile of debris. This will take years to clean up...we are in Salisbury st a hotel and plan to return Thu...Most of nc is a disaster are west of charlotte

Thankful to have our home intact...thousands cannot say tye same. I PRAY for Al who lost their lives homes businesses and way of life
I’m almost in Spartanburg now and headed to Swannanoa. My parents are headed back to north Alabama with me is the plan. Is 26 into Asheville ok? Looks like it on the apps.

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
Just an update. Got all of what’s left of my parents things in a 24’ box trailer and headed to north Alabama. PTL they are ok but they lost their home and most of their belongings, including three vehicles. Thanks for the prayers. Please continue to remember everyone else and what’s going on in the mountains and all of Helene’s path. Really sobering to see the devastation up close. Swannanoa is all but gone.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT