ADVERTISEMENT

Quick stuff (BC game)...

That's because Cadeau isn't a generational point guard as a freshman no matter how much some people would like you to believe. He is effective and looks even better because we haven't had one for a few years.

He can get there but I don't know if we will see that lofty appraisal this year and frankly we probably don't need it. Just keep being effective and improving defensively.
Montana, let me put it this way, no, Cadeau is not today that generational PG, he is a PG learning how to play in college. He does show us flashes of that immense talent that does make me think the ability to actually become that generational PG is there. The kid just keeps improving but don't look for his jump shooting to be much more than it is this season. He may hit some in some games but that jumper needs some form work and that just is not going to be addressed until the off season. I see this kid do things and make it look easy BTW, that players just are not supposed to be able to do. Example, he drives in to the lane and he does not look like he is all that quick but he is magic with the ball and ends up with a easy lay up? How the heck did he just drive thru 3 guys and no one is there to challenge his easy lay in? LOL That is just different, that is just a level of talent that is different from what you see anyone else in college able to do, his hands are STUPID QUICK! .

Montana, let me put it this way, no, Cadeau is not today that generational PG, he is a PG learning how to play in college. He does show us flashes of that immense talent that does make me think the ability to actually become that generational PG is there.
Montana is a state in the middle of nowhere, not a basketball expert.
From our Top 5 plays yesterday the ball was in his hands 4 of those 5.
Those "flashes" you mentioned will become the norm when the ball is in his hands 95% of the time either in transition or half court.

Ball gets played here. I didn't say Cadeau was bad just not generational this year. If you think he is, then maybe you should go back and watch some Lawson, Butter or Felton tape in their last years.

I did say he can get there. Gary pointed out his biggest issue of being a shooting threat. I agree. Think he still gets a little loose keeping his guy in front of him once in awhile but getting better.

As for my bball knowledge, not too many here I would be afraid to test it against. Phil Jackson grew up in North Dakota. (Right next door to us). His basketball knowledge seemed to work out for him.

Last edited:
Ball gets played here. I didn't say Cadeau was bad just not generational this year. If you think he is, then maybe you should go back and watch some Lawson, Butter or Felton tape in their last years.

I did say he can get there. Gary pointed out his biggest issue of being a shooting threat. I agree. Think he still gets a little loose keeping his guy in front of him once in awhile but getting better.

As for my bball knowledge, not too many here I would be afraid to test it against. Phil Jackson grew up in North Dakota. (Right next door to us). His basketball knowledge seemed to work out for him.
Generational talent is such an unfair tag to place on anyone, especially a freshman that could still be in high school. If Cadeau is mentioned in the same breath as Lawson, Felton and Marshall when he leaves here then we should all be thrilled but that alone is a very high bar to set and generational is even a higher bar than that.

Brother don’t

Don’t stoop Montana, just ignore the peanut gallery. Some people are experts and know it all, and no one else is allowed to have an opinion. Especially when it comes to the EC slobber fest.

Reactions: Heelicious
Those guys played for one the Top 5 coaches of all time, 28+ minutes a game, and a "real" Carolina transition game.
EC doesn't have any of those 3 assets.

Reactions: 2DDIMOND
LOL, can't help but chuckle a bit, I mentioned this spin move that both Cadeau and RJ were doing just after they cross half court a couple weeks ago because it bugged me, I had not seen anyone mention it, was surprised when a few others replied that they had noticed it to. Now it seems to have become a big deal? LOL Even if they are trying to influence something you would think they would do the same thing with a cross over and not turn their head to the defense. Anyway, just strikes me as funny.

What a ugly game and we can thank a terrible crew of refs for this nonsense. It was ugly both ways, don't take what I am saying as BC getting home cooking, they did not, the refs mudded the game up for both teams. But it had the players confused as to what the refs were going to call and what they were not, call a touch foul on one end and a player get mugged on the other and no whistle? It just drove this game off the rails. Why was it called as it was by this crew, there are reasons and I am not going in to that any further.

The game itself, if it can be called that, players just didn't know what they could do without a whistle being blown, Post takes a fall away jump shot and they call Bacot for a foul? LOL Both he and Ingram got hammered all game, JWit was at times as well. Yet thru it all our Tar Heels defended their collective butts off and we owned the boards. Collectively we shot 44.6% from the field, 29.4% from trey, snagging 44 boards to their 28. We made 25 shots from the field and 15 of them were assisted, well above what coaches demand (coaches love it when that is 50% or more). We held them to 19-55 shots from the field (34.5%), 3-17 from trey for 17.6%, they had 1 block to our 5. They shot 29 free throws to our 26, there were 55 free throws taken between both teams...

Bottom line was we missed a LOT of open shots, Ingram for example missed 3 separate attempts that he should have flushed, Ryan keeps on missing wide open looks but that kid fights his arse off on the defensive end, credit him for that folks. Hubert did have me scrat5ching my head on some of his line up rotations, I am very happy we played so many guys but darn, I look out and see Konkwo, JWit, and Paxon on the floor, or High and Konkwo out there, I see Konkow out there when we need a score to keep from a tie game at the half, amazing Konkow caught the slammer from Cadeau to give us the edge, just not what I would expect at a critical time where we really need points. Well, at least he didn't call a TO and set yet another isolation play for RJ, we all know how great that works! LOL

Ingram played hard, especially defensively but started filling up the stat sheet in that second half, that kid got the message about hitting the boards. I felt Cadeau was playing pretty well over all, looked to me like he could do anything he wanted against their opposing PG, would have liked to see a few more minutes for him in this one. And our guy Jwit seemed to carry over some of his game from that Lville game, hit a couple very needed jumpers in that first half at a time we didn't seem able to buy a bucket, Jwit is becoming a factor, he is becoming what I thought he could pre-season. That is why I said so many times I wanted him to be our starting 4 and Ingram as our 3. Jwash got 7mins folks, Okonkwo got 8, excuse me while I still do not like that. That JWash turn around jumper is a weapon we should be using more...

My game ball on this one has to be RJ, the kid is being treated as primary focus for defenses along with Bacot yet he still finds a way, RJ is having a MONSTER season folks! If Ingram and Ryan can get their shooting consistent Bacot would not have to deal with nearly as many doubles as he now has to, Ingram has not jump shot nearly as well since he hurt that wrist vs Ky and Ryan not since he hurt his ankle early season.

If we play Wake like we played BC, have to say it guys but we will lose... Wake is running under the radar... Could well end up top 3 in the ACC by season end, not a team to take casually and we are about due to take a loss...
Probably just signifies a certain play.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT