ADVERTISEMENT

Random / Weird News Stories

112 lb. catfish caught in the Cape Fear river . .

CATFISH3-e1480625205333-300x225.jpg

http://www.wwaytv3.com/2016/12/01/only-on-3-man-catches-112-lb-catfish-in-cape-fear-river/

I still have my Pet Rock from back in the mid 70s that my sister gifted me . . its tucked away in a cardboard box with other items from that era I believe.

Everything is making a comeback this year . . anyone know where I can get a decent Lava Lamp . . ?
If you do find one, Billy, see if they have any Beanbag Chairs in stock.

Reactions: Raising Heel
I still have my Pet Rock from back in the mid 70s that my sister gifted me . . its tucked away in a cardboard box with other items from that era I believe.

Everything is making a comeback this year . . anyone know where I can get a decent Lava Lamp . . ?
Spencer's still sells them.

Yeah . . theres a few places that have 'em. Anywhere from $60 - $85 will get you one of these.

north-carolina-tar-heels-bean-bag-chair_mainProductImage_MediumLarge.jpg

Cue the sitting in the beanbag chair naked and eating Cheetos joke . .

Last edited:
Llama on the loose in Georgia disrupts traffic

"Deputies, with the assistance of, and I kid you not, several llama experts who just happened to be traveling on Epps Bridge Road at that exact moment, managed to corral the llama in the dumpster area behind the Cook Out," [Oconee County Chief Deputy Lee] Weems said.
A Cook Out dumpster and a car full of llama experts? That story has it all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raising Heel

I found this comment odd: "Police spokeswoman Emily Schaffer says she isn't able to say whether Ortiz supported Trump or opposed him."

After the victim quoted the guy as saying: ‘if Donald Trump gonna take me out I gotta kill so many people, then somebody kill me and I am happy.'

I don't see how that quote can possibly be warped into being from someone supporting Trump

Reactions: tarheel0910
I've always thought glass work was fascinating. When I lived in Tacoma, I liked to go visit Union Station. International glass artist Dale Chihuly is from Tacoma and dozens of his pieces are on display there. I haven't been back to Tacoma since I moved away, but if I do I want to visit his glass museum that opened there shortly after I left.

I've always thought glass work was fascinating. When I lived in Tacoma, I liked to go visit Union Station. International glass artist Dale Chihuly is from Tacoma and dozens of his pieces are on display there. I haven't been back to Tacoma since I moved away, but if I do I want to visit his glass museum that opened there shortly after I left.
How did you like the Seattle/Tacoma area? I think it's one of the coolest areas in our great country.

How did you like the Seattle/Tacoma area? I think it's one of the coolest areas in our great country.
Get ready for a tl;dr poast, lol.

Absolutely loved it there. Tacoma is a funny town with a bit of an inferiority complex because Seattle is the bigger draw. Kinda like NC State and UNC. Tacoma has plenty to offer and is a wonderful place to live, especially if you like being outdoors.

I bought my kayaks when I lived in Tacoma so I could paddle in the Puget Sound and San Juan Islands. Gorgeous scenery. You're also within an easy drive of North Cascades National Park, Mount Rainier National Park, and Olympic National Park. The Kitsap Peninsula has lots of cool little coastal villages that are fun to visit.

I worked for the Parks and Recreation Department in Tacoma when I lived there. It was in many ways an awful job -- government, go figure -- but gave me a lot of exposure to the wonderful public spaces and activities in the city. The very northern tip of Tacoma is a giant park called Point Defiance, which houses the Zoo and Aquarium among other attractions. I used to volunteer as a docent during Christmastime to lead candlelight tours of Fort Nisqually, the first European settlement on the Puget Sound.

The reputation about rain is overhyped, of course. The SeaTac area gets less annual rainfall than Boston, NYC, D.C., etc. But it is overcast and misty a lot, which takes a little getting used to. It can be depressing at times, and being that far north doesn't help because you have very limited daylight in the winter.

Reactions: tarheel0910

Seems likely that he was abused by his own dad, and is repeating the behavior. Sad, sad situation for the innocent kids that are taken advantage of.

This may be an extreme opinion, but I don't have a problem with the death penalty for proven pedophiles. The lives that they ruin are usually significantly more than a convicted murderer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT