ADVERTISEMENT

Real practices begin!

gary-7

Hall of Famer
Jan 27, 2003
Parts Unknown
They say it's over because Meeks, Hicks and Jackson are gone.
Was it over when Marcus and Brice graduated?
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
It ain't over til we decide it is!
tenor.gif

Last edited:
I am excited about this year. I think the Freshmen bigs are gonna surprise some people. And if they do...look out NCAA!

Reactions: TPFKAPFS
I am hearing duke will have pro-am practices, pros vs amateurs, hopefully they can find enough amateurs to fill out their practice with? LOL (it is a joke, enjoy the jokes :)

They say it's over because Meeks, Hicks and Jackson are gone.
Was it over when Marcus and Brice graduated?
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?
It ain't over til we say it is!
tenor.gif

Love it!! Thought this tweet, would work under this theme. Good sign from Brooks, hopefully he's ready to step up and be that force down in the post for us, which I really think he can. He showed some good signs in high school with his ability to rebound, get good positioning and finish close to the rim. With this skillset and mentoring by our coaches, who have done an exceptional job developing our bigs, he can be a big impact player for us and get his Tarheel journey off to a great start.
Can't wait for the season to start and to see Brooks be our next great BIG!!!

I've always thought Brooks would be the most ready Game 1 out of the freshmen bigs. Good to hear the update.

just develop into a reliable inside scorer-and show some passing ability once double teamed..doesn't have to prove to be a FORCE..just respected and play good position defense(not foul prone)...Garrison Brooks..and Manley let's not forget him

Gary I love you to death but I am pretty sure that was Japan that bombed pearl harbor...
Ummmm.... that was a classic fractured line from the archetype of the college anarchy film genre, "Animal House", as uttered by (future Senator) John "Bluto" Blutarksky.

Bluto: "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!"
Otter: "Germans?"
Boone: "Forget it, he's rolling"

Reactions: HermanT
If you guys read a couple posts down you would see where I acknowledged that I have seen the movie. It just went over my head that the reference Gary was making was from animal house. I was in 4 feet deep water but I was only 2 ft tall

Well be prepared if he springs a "time to go to the mattresses" reference on ya, watch me for some Josey Wales! :)

I am not going to front and pretend I knew anything about the current frosh big group. But if one of them can step up and be like a 10-6 guy and play 20 MPG I will be very pleased.

Did y’all know the animal house peeps approached unc about filming on campus but were turned down? I think it ended up being filmed on univ of colo campus

Reactions: Archer2

Love it!! Thought this tweet, would work under this theme. Good sign from Brooks, hopefully he's ready to step up and be that force down in the post for us, which I really think he can. He showed some good signs in high school with his ability to rebound, get good positioning and finish close to the rim. With this skillset and mentoring by our coaches, who have done an exceptional job developing our bigs, he can be a big impact player for us and get his Tarheel journey off to a great start.
Can't wait for the season to start and to see Brooks be our next great BIG!!!

Ô

Reactions: gauchoheel
Thank for that video Arch.
Saw a number of things I liked, held off his man on the low post and the guard delivered quickly, dunk.
Some blocks, even a few 12-15 footers. Not afraid to mix it up or bang inside.
If he is a step from the rim or a dribble step to it, he dunks, everything. Nice, strong, mobile player.

There is nothing I hate more than a high school recruit video with shity rap music showing a guy dunkin over and over or blocking shots over and over of undersized players that have no business on the same court with him.

Now if Roy recruited him I'm sure he's that good so let's just see if he can play when he's on the court with players equal to him!

There is nothing I hate more than a high school recruit video with shity rap music showing a guy dunkin over and over or blocking shots over and over of undersized players that have no business on the same court with him.

Now if Roy recruited him I'm sure he's that good so let's just see if he can play when he's on the court with players equal to him!
Who pissed in your cornflakes today

Reactions: venom660turbo
You an Addias guy?

Man's gotta do something these days...

Die'n ain't much of a living boy...

Ya know, we don't have to do this, you can just walk out of here and not offer to pay that kid to attend Loiusville coach Pitino...

After a brief walk away, Pitino returns, "I had to come back"

I know... Now everyone knows...:)

Case and point!!!!!

By watching this you would think he was the off spring of Jordan and AI with a side of Magic!

And i can find 3000 more of these!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT