ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting: class of 2016

Anyone know what the deal is with Fox? I know he's a heavy UK lean. He kept us in his top 7 but scheduled visits with every other school but us. Is he a guy waiting for NCAA clarity? Just wondering why we are still involved in his mind.

Rawle Alkins found his new HS, transferred to Word of God in Raleigh. Should be easy for him to make a few visits now.

Quickly stated,
The political comment was more about going against conventional logic and in both situations IMO they go against convention wisdom. Ingram is a rail thin 6'9" kid that feels like he can be a wing and even a 2. Now yeah, I have seen 6'9" kids more than able to play the 3 or the 2 but I darn sure do not see Durant or lebron in Ingram. IT reminds me of Henson coming in to us, he was sold on being a wing, do ya recall how that worked out for us? Yet before he got to us all the so called experts glowed about what a wonderful wing he would be.

Now me, I am more a conservative guy, I felt henson was a 4 well before he ever suited up for us, I think Ingram is a stretch 4 that will struggle until he fills his body out. I agree the kid is big time talented but he is not IMO going to load that team up and put them on his back to carry them until that body fills out. That my friends will take more than a single season IMO...

Speaking of duke, does anyone see their next Parker or Ochafor or Winslow on their team for the coming season? They don't even have to be freshmen, I am talking about that one player that everyone scratches their heads trying to figure out how to defend. Now they do have some jump shooting fire power for sure and their treys will be launched at a high rate but do you see the physical inside play guys that were all the difference for them last season?

Concerning Ingram, he is indeed ultra thin at last sight. Furthermore, he relies on his shooting to score his buckets more often than not. Good pickup for them but he is not a Top Ten talent, in my opinion. He has work to do to become a star. Justin Jackson is much better at this stage (imo). Take it for what it is worth but this young man will contribute some this year for Duke (imo). How much is still a large question mark...

We're in the final 6 for Javin DeLaurier with an in home coming up on the 23rd.

Bridges cutting his list to 3 today after visiting msu over the weekend...do we have a chance?

It's likely we will be in that final 3 with UK and MSU. Word is that we are still trailing both though.

It's likely we will be in that final 3 with UK and MSU. Word is that we are still trailing both though

This

Seeing we have an OV pending, I'd be shocked to see him cut us right now. Though its still an uphill battle IMHO.

Anyone know anything about Udoka Azubuike? He is a beast from 2016, center. Roy met with him recently. You tube vids are awesome. Give a look

You looking for this?

12009617_10204439641981462_5123372394296229525_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
is roy actually recruiting this class or just extending out offers?

I wasn't going to post today, but I can't let that idiot go! You, Sir are the most obvious troll I have ever seen and we have many here. At least try to use some subtlety or a small amount of intelligence. I am happy we have ignore!

Roy is doing a great job and I can't wait to stomp what ever your real team is!

Huh? I thought WOG's coach and Roy were not on good terms. Didn't he keep us from getting John Wall or something?

The issue between Roy and Clifton actually began before John Wall. Roy recruited a kid that Clifton coached and became the "advisor". Now it isn't that Roy will not work with advisiors, it is that Roy before he offers a kid feels strongly that he has to get to know both the kid as well as the kid's parents. Clifton did not want Roy dealing with the kids recruitment thru the parents, Clifton wanted total control and Roy does not do that. Roy didn't offer the kid and stopped recruiting him in any way and that pissed Clifton off. Clifton took the opp to say some very harsh things publically about Roy.

The John Wall thing, the dislike was still very real, Roy didn't feel wall would be able to get thru admissions at UNC because his grades were phoney as $3 bills (as well as run ins with the law as well as being kicked off of other high schools teams for fighting). So Roy passed on recruiting the kid and Clifton took that as a personal insult. Plus Roy was not going to give Clifton what he wanted anyway, which was total access to Wall and no other agents able to talk to him, Kal didn't have a problem with any of that.

Now with Adkins maybe the deal is all things go thru his family and Clifton is nothing more than his basketball coach, that much may not be a problem. But grades from WOG, I think MAJOR problem. Kids don't go to WOG because it is such a wonderful program, they go to get the qualifying grades that allows them in to a college and those grades are not always legit (being nice).

Reactions: gary-7
The issue between Roy and Clifton actually began before John Wall. Roy recruited a kid that Clifton coached and became the "advisor". Now it isn't that Roy will not work with advisiors, it is that Roy before he offers a kid feels strongly that he has to get to know both the kid as well as the kid's parents. Clifton did not want Roy dealing with the kids recruitment thru the parents, Clifton wanted total control and Roy does not do that. Roy didn't offer the kid and stopped recruiting him in any way and that pissed Clifton off. Clifton took the opp to say some very harsh things publically about Roy.

The John Wall thing, the dislike was still very real, Roy didn't feel wall would be able to get thru admissions at UNC because his grades were phoney as $3 bills (as well as run ins with the law as well as being kicked off of other high schools teams for fighting). So Roy passed on recruiting the kid and Clifton took that as a personal insult. Plus Roy was not going to give Clifton what he wanted anyway, which was total access to Wall and no other agents able to talk to him, Kal didn't have a problem with any of that.

Now with Adkins maybe the deal is all things go thru his family and Clifton is nothing more than his basketball coach, that much may not be a problem. But grades from WOG, I think MAJOR problem. Kids don't go to WOG because it is such a wonderful program, they go to get the qualifying grades that allows them in to a college and those grades are not always legit (being nice).
WOG=diploma factory. I know someone who taught Wall in MS and said it was no way that he could pass an SAT or at least not one that he took personally.

Reactions: gary-7
T. J. Leaf has us in final 6 , but no OV so would have to assume chances are hovering around 0.

I don't want Leaf. Something about how he decommitted from Arizona following Miller benching him / not playing him when coaching him seems to me that something is off with him.

i HATE that Alkins has ended up at that sleaze-mill. Kid is a beast. Now he's visiting State this weekend with Denny and Bammy and the rest of the Adida$ Youth ($1 to Otter). :mad:

I'm not sure if he would've committed if Delaurier wasn't on board, but I definitely think we would've at least gotten that official visit.

The geniuses over at IC apparently think Giles would be on the bench behind Hicks. If a contingent of UNC fans think seniority > talent, can't be surprised if top recruits question UNC's OAD cred. As a Duke fan, not complaining, but it's a weird perspective imo...

Maryland was the team many pegged as Gabriel's leader heading into UK visit, wenyen listened to cal just as SKJ did and stepped up and commitmed when the opportunity came. Giles would start day 1 wherever he chooses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT