ADVERTISEMENT

Rock 'n' Roll Hall of Fame Nominees... Time to vote!

They’re just to the left of the line of my def of rock. They’re in that unnamed no mans land with eagles, bob seger, chicago etc. Maybe call it “rock and stroll”?
ImpureClassicBuckeyebutterfly-small.gif

I tried to spread it out over genres (and not be like you racist bastards that left out black people).

Foo
Rage
Jay
LL
Tina Turner

Pretty much everyone on that list is HOF worthy.

I tried to spread it out over genres (and not be like you racist bastards that left out black people).

Foo
Rage
Jay
LL
Tina Turner

Hey man, Rage's guitarist is black... ;)

Seriously though, we have this debate every year it seems. I like most of those artists too, but to me it's not RnR. And yes, I know the HOF pretty much includes everything except for country music, because that's what they do.

Hey man, Rage's guitarist is black... ;)

Seriously though, we have this debate every year it seems. I like most of those artists too, but to me it's not RnR. And yes, I know the HOF pretty much includes everything except for country music, because that's what they do.
Yeah, they really should change the name to music hall of fame. I just figure since it hasn't been a true rock HOF for a long time, I'll join in.

Foo
Rage
Jay
LL
Tina Turner

It was tough between Tina and Carole. Carole King has written some of the most timeless music ever. And, she's recorded her share, too!

I thought both were already in the HOF, actually.

foos
maiden
tina
todd
rage

foos on howard yesterday was gold...they are without a doubt one of the greatest bands ever...this new album is completely different than concrete and gold and it is phenomenal.

Foo
LL
Hov
Todd
Go-Go’s (Vacation is their best song don’t @ me)

Carole King's "I Feel The Earth Move" is probably my least favorite song in the history of music. It's cringy. Like nails on a chalkboard. She shouldn't get in based on that terrible song.

Go-Go’s (Vacation is their best song don’t @ me)

It's a good one. Fun song. I think my favorite of their well known songs is Our Lips Are Sealed. My sister was a big fan and had all of their music growing up. Man I had a thing for Belinda Carlisle back in the day.

Reactions: heelbent
Man I had a thing for Belinda Carlisle back in the day.

Her and Paula Abdul (don't judge, she was 80s hot) were two of the first women I remember that made me think there was life outside of basketball. Susanna Hoffs was another one, who was still a smokeshow into her 50s.

We should do an 80's chicks tournament.

Reactions: Heelicious
We should do an 80's chicks tournament.

I think I've shared my 80s crushes before. They are as follows:

Olivia Newton John
Belinda Carlisle
Lynda Carter
Alyssa Milano
Heather Locklear
Nicole Eggert

I'm sure there are more but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

Go ahead, nobody is stopping you. You've got a high bar set for you though. Our other tournaments have been great.

I almost think I'm too young to do it properly. I was 7 when the 80s ended so for me it's just looking back after the fact mostly.

Elisabeth Shue in Cocktail is my perfect woman.

Blonde, hot as hell, rich, and artsy (so you know she's a bit of a freak).

Ohhhh, I forgot two of my favorites!

Robin-Givens-Nude-TheFappeningBlog.com-5.jpg

I had two of these... one for keeping and one for "using."

260_450.jpg

And...

lisabonet169x-e1495513981761.jpg

Ever see Angel Heart??? Hole-Lee Shit! When the room starts raining blood, you're doing something right!

Y’all be hatin me cause I look like George clooney
Your wife get a taste and she goes like all looney
The eggplant she will plant without your discretion
Just be sure two weeks later there ain’t no infection

I think Fela Kuti has everyone in his home country voting. He has a huge lead right now. I know it's not just one winner, but his lead is pretty big for someone who is mostly unknown worldwide.

I think Fela Kuti has everyone in his home country voting. He has a huge lead right now. I know it's not just one winner, but his lead is pretty big for someone who is mostly unknown worldwide.
I think the fan votes count for 1 ballot out of 1000, or something like that, so not sure it will matter.

I think the fan votes count for 1 ballot out of 1000, or something like that, so not sure it will matter.
Yeah, I don't think it will make an impact, just surprised someone like that would have such a huge lead. It's like a 16 seed blowing out a 1 seed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT